Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 29th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    • 1,296Posts
    • 1,320Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    Waiting for outcome
    • 29th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    Waiting for outcome 29th Jun 17 at 12:31 PM
    I attended an interview last Thursday and was told they would let me know ' early next week'. They even apologised for making me wait the weekend so I assumed I'd hear Monday or Tuesday but I still haven't heard.
    I don't know whether to call them or wait? I don't want to not apply for more jobs in case this doesn't come through, but also don't want to put lots of effort into applications if I end up with good news soon.
    What would you do?
Page 1
    • Mr Falling Star
    • By Mr Falling Star 29th Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 3,769 Thanks
    Mr Falling Star
    • 29th Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    • 29th Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    Give them a ring, I don't think anyone can say you were pestering them
    The World come on.....
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 29th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 2,910 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 29th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 29th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    +1 for calling - you can learn a lot by the way the call goes sometimes I've learnt.

Keep applying for other jobs until you get the offer.

I have interviews coming up for jobs that are 2 to 3 weeks old which certainly made me think how easy this situation is to come by so you aren't losing out keeping things open, as nice as it is to live in the moment sometimes, you can get to that point where it's really just best to know.

I followed up a job application for a post I felt I really wanted to interview for, knew from what the recruiter said on phone it was a no, they were really good about it and even I felt they made more of an effort to write a nice rejection letter. So I'm not against following up done appropriately.

Make the call!
    Last edited by keepcalmandstayoutofdebt; 29-06-2017 at 12:58 PM. Reason: .
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 29th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 1,320 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 29th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    • 29th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    Thanks guys! I sort of wimped out and just sent an email. Now I'm wishing I telephoned because I'm now just waiting for an email instead. Silly me! This is my 6th interview. I've never had so many without an offer so I'm dreading bad news, but if its a no, I'd rather know and crack on with more applications.
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 7th Jul 17, 7:11 PM
    • 2,910 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:11 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 7:11 PM
    Don't worry Fireflyaway I'm swiftly meeting you two unsuccessfuls and one not yet heard back from in 2017.

Did you hear back as a result of sending the email?

Hit a stumbling block which makes me think I should resort to emailing, as the phone number for the latest interview arranger I'd want to or maybe should look like I'm chasing given the job title ! just leads to answering machine so it's dawning on me all I'm able to do is send an email. Oh well I guess if they don't like receiving the email they can always delete it. I don't like the thought actually of blocking a companies sales line in this instance on the other phone number I've obtained. I always think if you haven't heard within so many days it's never a good sign but this latest lot were in the midst of moving premises and weren't looking for such immediate starts which I suppose sometimes might get someone a quick answer.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 7th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 1,320 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 11:00 PM
    I did telephone in the end and was told the guy was unavailable but would feed back via email! Needless to say the next day I was emailed to say I didn't get it.
    Had another interview Monday where the interviewer asked me if I think boxes are sexy.... Then another offer of an interview with undisclosed salary. When I asked, it turned out to be a good 5k less than the minimum I was seeking. Then today I was sent a job ' match' via email. It was for an nvq assessor for butchery students! I know nothing about butchery I haven't even eaten meat in 25 years..... For what its worth I'm now starting to feel less desperate and more amused! I wonder what's next?!
    • Yarrum
    • By Yarrum 8th Jul 17, 11:16 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Yarrum
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:16 AM
    • 8th Jul 17, 11:16 AM
    If boxes are sexy?
    Wth lol. What did you say!?

How weird lol
    • aife
    • By aife 8th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    aife
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    I did telephone in the end and was told the guy was unavailable but would feed back via email! Needless to say the next day I was emailed to say I didn't get it.
    Had another interview Monday where the interviewer asked me if I think boxes are sexy.... Then another offer of an interview with undisclosed salary. When I asked, it turned out to be a good 5k less than the minimum I was seeking. Then today I was sent a job ' match' via email. It was for an nvq assessor for butchery students! I know nothing about butchery I haven't even eaten meat in 25 years..... For what its worth I'm now starting to feel less desperate and more amused! I wonder what's next?!
    Originally posted by Fireflyaway
    Was it a box making firm ? Or one of those trendy 'thinking out of the box ' questions ?
    Or was the interviewer a cat ?
    It's a depressing situation , but just think what it would be like having to work for some of these idiots
    Keep going and good luck
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 8th Jul 17, 9:25 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 1,320 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:25 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 9:25 PM
    Yeah they make boxes! The recruiter told me he had also specified not to send anyone over 35! I think he wanted an employee with some extras.....in my head I was thinking what an idiot but I answered by saying it doesn't matter what the product is, its delivering a great service that counts! Then I left and promptly telephoned the agency and told them to withdraw my application!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

483Posts Today

4,729Users online

Martin's Twitter