Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 28th Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 5Thanks
    bluenoze22
    Default placed by Lowell - no idea about debt?
    • 28th Jun 17, 12:35 PM
    Default placed by Lowell - no idea about debt? 28th Jun 17 at 12:35 PM
    Hi all,

This weekend i checked my experian credit report after being declined a balance transfer credit card, i already checked my equifax report which showed i had an excellent rating so was confused as to why it was rejected. Anyway, when checking Experian, there was a £205 default from Lowell. I have absolutely no idea what it is for.

After reading a few posts on this site, i thought i would add my story to this thread to plot the progress (if any). First thing i did was have Experian follow up with them, Lowell came back to say that the "Default is reporting correctly as satisfied."

I'm still none the wiser...So yesterday sent an email their complaints address (complaintsresolution@lowellgroup.co.uk ) I have been polite and asked for information of the original lender so i can follow up with them if required.

Not sure how long i need to wait on a response, i saw on another thread that they have 6 weeks before we can go to the ombudsman.

Anyway, all advice welcomed!
Page 2
    • yoshiyella
    • By yoshiyella 7th Jul 17, 6:21 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    yoshiyella
    Hi yoshiyella - Thanks for the advice, i have just fired an email off to him now. Hopefully this will have the desired effect.
    Originally posted by bluenoze22

You should get an initial response within 48 working hours - so by Tuesday afternoon at the latest.

This team are particularly efficient compared to the rest of Vodafone.
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 7th Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    Incredible, within 2hrs of emailing the CEO I have a response! Fingers crossed we can get to the bottom of this!
    • yoshiyella
    • By yoshiyella 8th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    yoshiyella
    Incredible, within 2hrs of emailing the CEO I have a response! Fingers crossed we can get to the bottom of this!

Let us know how you get on!
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 8th Jul 17, 5:54 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    Thought it was too good to be true...

Got an email off them this morning, returned their call this afternoon - Spent 40minutes (no doubt getting charged for the pleasure) on the phone, of which around 30 was spent on hold.

They simply can't locate my account, by name or address. They seemed baffled as to why after 7yrs i didn't know my old number or didnt have an old bill knocking around!

I said to the guy in the end, i will just email my response back and demand they call Lowell to see if they know what my details where. He actually requested that i call them for the information!

Back to square one!
    • yoshiyella
    • By yoshiyella 8th Jul 17, 7:24 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    yoshiyella
    Thought it was too good to be true...

Got an email off them this morning, returned their call this afternoon - Spent 40minutes (no doubt getting charged for the pleasure) on the phone, of which around 30 was spent on hold.

They simply can't locate my account, by name or address. They seemed baffled as to why after 7yrs i didn't know my old number or didnt have an old bill knocking around!

I said to the guy in the end, i will just email my response back and demand they call Lowell to see if they know what my details where. He actually requested that i call them for the information!

Back to square one!

Ask them to put that in writing that they cannot locate you account.
    Forward this (copy) to Lowell and tell them to remove the default.
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 8th Jul 17, 7:39 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    Cool. I'll respond to the mail I sent, and ask them to confirm so I can send on.

Thanks again
  • Vodafone
    Hi bluenoze22,

If you'd like any help from me with this, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 10th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    rizla king
    Hi bluenoze22,

If you'd like any help from me with this, email me via the form here.
    Originally posted by Vodafone

bluenoze22, I would suggest that you don't waste your time with the useless vodafone reps on here.

They are just doing a pubic relations gig, but utterly fail to actually help.

They will

~ investigate, but come up with bogus conclusions
    ~ lie that they have not received emails and tickets when you can prove the they have
    ~ fob you off continually - the tactic being to wear you down and hope that you and your complaint just goes away.

to see the full extent of their tactics, read

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5614787
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... <----- SIGNATURE - Not part of post
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 10th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    bluenoze22, I would suggest that you don't waste your time with the useless vodafone reps on here.

They are just doing a pubic relations gig, but utterly fail to actually help.

They will

~ investigate, but come up with bogus conclusions
    ~ lie that they have not received emails and tickets when you can prove the they have
    ~ fob you off continually - the tactic being to wear you down and hope that you and your complaint just goes away.

to see the full extent of their tactics, read

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5614787
    Originally posted by rizla king
    Wow!!! Now that is some reading - Amazing how they think they can get away with such things! Doesn't fill me with confidence!
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 10th Jul 17, 12:35 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    Oh and by the way, I'm playing email tennis trying to help them find my old account. It's so obvious that they have lost loads of old data when doing a system upgrade!
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 13th Jul 17, 9:48 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    The saga continues!! I am constantly getting the same email response and being asked to call again..It is almost like they are creating multiple tickets and treating it like the 1st time they have ever heard from me!

"We are sorry that your recent experience with Vodafone led to you contacting us and I hope you will accept our sincere apologies.

I would like to thank you for your email to Customer Relations, dated 10 July 2017. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I request you to get back to us with some more information regarding your account in order to investigate the issue.

We look forward to discussing this further with you to resolve your complaint. Please could you contact our Customer Relations office on 0333 304 1259. We are available to speak with you from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday.

And the information they want is the account number I don't have! it's simply unbelievable!
  • Vodafone
    Hi bluenoze22,

I'm sorry that to hear that you're no further forward with getting to the bottom of this.

If you want me to look into it, email me via the contact details provided in post 27 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 16th Jul 17, 2:42 PM
    • 12,445 Posts
    • 11,851 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Hi, Bluezone 22,

Thing is when a creditor sells a debt, very little information is passed on to the new owner, and, as creditors are only obliged to keep your details for 6 years, its quite understandable that vodaphone cannot locate them, as they have most likely been destroyed by now.

Have you asked Lowell for proof of the debt ?

If not do so (sorry you may of already done this i have not read the entire thread).
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 16th Jul 17, 6:39 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    Hi, Bluezone 22,

Thing is when a creditor sells a debt, very little information is passed on to the new owner, and, as creditors are only obliged to keep your details for 6 years, its quite understandable that vodaphone cannot locate them, as they have most likely been destroyed by now.

Have you asked Lowell for proof of the debt ?

If not do so (sorry you may of already done this i have not read the entire thread).
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    Hi Sourcrates - Thanks for posting...This default was only applied in 2014, so therefore past over to Lowell in 2014...Based on your input, I would expect they should still have my details from then.

I have raised a complaint case with Lowell and has to run the 28 day process which is really frustrating, I have asked for proof of debt or removal of default. In the meantime, I am trying to get information from Voda as I am sure on day 28 Lowell are going to go through the same struggles that I am today with voda...Unfortunately, it seems it is only me who is eager to get this sorted!
    • bluenoze22
    • By bluenoze22 18th Jul 17, 7:59 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    bluenoze22
    Hi all,

I hope i'm not getting too carried away now, but I might have a resolution!

Vodafone yesterday got back to me with what they believe is my old account, unfortunately, I am not able to pass security!

But they have emailed advising that my issue has been resolved, however they unable to provide an in depth explanation of how the issues have arisen and the actions taken to get them resolved. However, any amendments made to your credit score will take 30 working days..

I'm trying to take this as a positive! :|

Fingers crossed!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,573Posts Today

9,445Users online

Martin's Twitter