Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 28th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 2,032Posts
    • 20,610Thanks
    mothernerd
    NST Joyful July
    • 28th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    NST Joyful July 28th Jun 17 at 10:56 PM
    Ninja Saving Turtles

We are now half way through the year and how are we doing with our annual goals?

Congratulations to those on target with debt busting / diet and exercise and any other goals. Keep it going remembering to revise your target if your current stepping stone is getting too comfy.

For those who have drifted from their path (hangs head in shame) there are still six months of the year left. You have time to wipe the slate clean and make a fresh start. Be honest about why things have not worked out. Were your original goals too tough? Did things go to pot when everyday pressures kicked in? Did you have a beautiful plan with all the details worked out but then failed to apply them (me again)? Remember Hope is not a strategy.

If you are reeling from the blows that life has dealt you (hugs, more hugs and a sympathetic ear) just hang in there turtles. Revise your goals or write an emergency strategy if needed, do what you can – you will still get there, but for now you have to use the B roads not the motorway.

The turtle gang are all here to help, advise, celebrate with you, commiserate with you, hand out tissues and hugs as required. We even do lycra clad cheerleaders with pompoms.

So if you are a regular contender (turtle life can be tough and demanding), a recent convert or just finding your way and trying turtledom for the first time, welcome to

JOYFUL JULY

JOY Life has been hard recently. I have always found joy in the little things. Some of us find 3 things to be grateful for at the end of each day and you may find it useful too – you can add it to your daily post or just write it down privately. Some days are full of good things, some days are dreadful but if you think carefully you can pick out moments of joy – a ladybird, a child's glasses case in the shape of a shoe, a smile or thank you from a stranger.

Try to wake joyfully too. It can help to write your 'to do' list (and make other preparations) the night before, so that you have a clear idea of your coming day. If possible take a few moments of peace and calm and take that forward into your joyful day. Make joyful memories with your children during the holidays and share any free/ low cost fun ideas.

ORGANISE You should know your Debt Free Date or if debt free your savings goal (mortgage free plan/ early retirement goal). If you don't know, work it out or if it is too daunting or too far in the future, set a target for this year. Work out how much you need to put aside to achieve this and live on what is left over. Sort your budgets for the month before July 1st (if possible).

YOU It starts from here, it starts with YOU, it starts with now.
    I'm sorry but you are it. We may wish we had more money, a better job, weren't in this mess, more abc, less xyz. This is where you are. If you don't like it, change it. You can keep wishing or you can plan, decide what you want to do, set goals, break them down into small steps and start. Every small step helps even when you can't see the bigger picture.

Know yourself, your strengths and weaknesses.

If life has steam rollered over your plans, write new ones. Is it just temporary (hold your nerve, do what you can, resign yourself to being in a holding pattern until the crisis is over) or longer term (take a deep breath, eat from the cupboards, check through your annual budget).

FRUGAL The Frugalwoods are having another Uber Frugal Month Challenge
    http://www.frugalwoods.com/2017/06/19/the-uber-frugal-month-challenge-is-back-july-2017-edition/ . I haven't read a lot of their stuff (some is location specific) but this is a sort of 'how low could you go', cut out absolutely everything you possibly could. I might be signing up and thought it might help some of you facing a difficult month. It won't be for everyone but it might be good to spend some time considering just what you could do without 'if you had to'. I will probably use some of it for daily inspiration.

USE what you have. Start by auditing the cupboards, fridge and freezer. Make meal plan based on these. Cook from scratch. After sorting out your big bills, the food budget is often the area where you can make great savings.

LOOK after you. If you are it, it all depends on you, so look after yourself (especially if no-one else is likely to). Make time for a little pampering or just sit and reflect. Mental and physical wellbeing is important.

JULY Challenge runs from 1st to 31st July.

UNLESS you have a specific reason (special celebration, no/ least harmful alternative) you should avoid takeaways, restaurants, vending machines, costalot outlets. Take lunch to work (hospital appointments etc) every day. Some turtles have the occasional spend built into their personal/ social spending budget.

LITTLE and OFTEN is the key for those who are poorly, new to exercise or who have fallen by the wayside. Start with 10 minutes a day, five times a week, rising to 20 minutes in the second week. More if you are young and healthy. Those of you with a well established training routine carry on - you know your needs/capabilities better than I.

YOU will aim for 16 NO Spend Days unless you set a much lower total last month, in which case try for 2 above last month's target. Medical necessities, ys bargains (no other purchases) and filling your car with petrol from a designated petrol budget are exempt (you still keep your NSD). Super organised turtles who never exceed their budget or buy anything on impulse do not count NSDs as they have other ways of controlling their spending.

Daily Posting is reccommended – keep reading if you can't post. If it all goes wrong, confess or ask for help/ sympathy. Turtles who are on holiday should adjust targets accordingly (posting/ NSDs/ separate holiday budget etc).

Who is up to the turtle challenge?

Last edited by mothernerd; 29-06-2017 at 12:02 AM.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Sep #14 SFD 11/18 Spent £53.84/ £60
    Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage
    Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
Page 10
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 7th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    • 586 Posts
    • 3,165 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    Evening everyone,

Me and the little one have spent most the day at soft play. We were out the house from 10am to 4pm and spent a total of £11.

Back at home we had dinner, a quick play and bed for the little one. I’ve managed to tidy the toys (they’ll be all over the place again tomorrow!), do some surveys, have a cup of tea and read my book this evening. Ready for my bed now, will catch up on everyone's postings tomorrow at some point.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2017 #150 - £1868.05/£3729.05
    SPC10 #564
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 8th Jul 17, 5:35 AM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 20,610 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Joyful July Day Eight
    Just because you are happy, it does not mean that the day is perfect, but that you have looked beyond it's imperfections.
    Bob Marley

Just because it's Bob.

Will do a proper check in at some point (probably tomorrow). Still cutting flowers etc for the crafts group. Several hours of steady work have reduced the chaos of yesterday into manageable chunks. I keep bagging up little piles of stuff.

I am also working on cleaning the house, sink scrubbed first thing, bath later on, lots in the kitchen, occasional forays into the front room (depending on were DS3 and Beloved are), put away all my clean clothes, 2 wash loads done, still so much to do.

Went to see Health Trainer at 2pm (not good, another 1.5 pounds gained, I am heavier than I have ever been). Did some shopping (mine and mum's) whilst I was out and dropped off pills for disposal at the chemist's.

Dozed off in the early evening and woke as it was getting dark (only remembered at midnight that film club had been peotponed to tonight).

Felt tired around 4am so put washing out, another load in, sliced up apples to go in the dehydrator (for the chinchillas). I've taken my morning pills and eaten two bananas. Now I don't know whether to sleep or try to carry on - hence posting.

Today I am grateful for seeeing a butterfly, for making progress in the house and for my back pain easing.
    Last edited by mothernerd; 08-07-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    • Jo Blogs
    • By Jo Blogs 8th Jul 17, 9:38 AM
    • 751 Posts
    • 2,593 Thanks
    Jo Blogs
    Good morning everyone

Great posts and NSDs as always

I'm really enjoying the Frugalwoods monthly challenge . There's always lots to think about and it's lovely to do checks and re-checks on the basics now and future goals .

Today will be NSD No.8 here

Wishing you all a super NSDay!
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44 for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 Sept NSDs 4/15CCCChl 9/12 months
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
    • cuddlymarm
    • By cuddlymarm 8th Jul 17, 10:59 AM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 4,931 Thanks
    cuddlymarm
    Hi guys
    It's lovely to see everyone doing so well with the NSDs.
    Unfortunately for me today won't be. I need to get my hair cut this afternoon because I have an interview on Monday. Also with new babies being born presents are needed. Mind you it's nice to spend on things other than bills. We started a tradition when the first great nephews and nieces started to arrive that they get a Disney soft toy off us. It's lovely really cos even the 16 year old boys still have kept theirs ( not in plain view for one of them )
    Also we are out this evening for a drink with friends too.
    Anyway time to shop for lovely things yay ��
    TTFN
    Cuddles
    August food spend £94.18/£120
    Exercise week 1 4/4 week 2 5/4 week 3 week 4
    NSD5/15
    Treat budget £43.75/£40
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 8th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 20,610 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Woohoo, I feel as though I have got a holiday. Have been stressing about several things:-
    1 state of the house - DS1 had said he was coming for his parcels and although I have done a lot, it has been a busy week and I am aware that it isn't great for anyone coming in from 'outside'.

2 accounts - the carer's allowance unit want a copy of my latest accounts. I have submitted my figures to the tax office so I have them all worked out. Had to borrow a book from the library so that I can write up the accounts in the right format (simple accounts).

3 Mum's single person discount for Council Tax - been waiting all week as it needed a signature from one of her partner's children (she gets the discount because he no longer has to pay because he's in a nursing home). Still not sure they have sent the right form - I have had to add notes to it and ignore a couple of non applicable sections.

1 spoken to DS1 on the phone and satisfied him that I am well and that he does not need to come, so I can go back to chipping away at the housework and not carrying on until my back is screaming in protest.

2 The library is not doing printing today so as long as I have sorted the accounts and put them on a pendrive for Monday, that's fine (They have been doing renovations all week, closed Monday and yesterday and various bits not working when they were open)

3 Parts of the Council website will be down from Monday t o Wednesday whilst they sort out the new bin schedules, so even if I post off the form no-one is going to do anything about it until the end of next week.

So back on the bed as I have only had 3 hours sleep and I hurt in lots of places. Will do the next stage of housework in several areas (wash pegged out/ new wash in / clean pots away/ fill draining board with next lot/ take dalek (large bin) into front room/ sweep cleared floor from the front room, bottom of stairs and kitchen and bring something upstairs. Then I am going to sit and make decorative birdies and cut some animal stencils and possibly make a cotton wool rabbit.

cuddlymarm I avoid Disney but I was very tempted when the charity shop had a small Yoda soft toy - start as you mean to go on. I have also been looking at Dr Who cross-stitch (for me) and some 'May Cthulhu devour this house last' ones to do as a new house present for DS1 and his fiancee (Cthulhu is the embodiment of all the evil in the universe - Ds1 once bought a cuddly Cthulhu as a birthday present for one of his friends). DS1's gf has said NO to Batman wedding rings, but is fine with a cake with a large game dice on it (game dice come in a range of numbers - 9/ 17/ 12 sides).
    Last edited by mothernerd; 08-07-2017 at 1:16 PM.
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 8th Jul 17, 3:48 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 1,974 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Another NSD. Its easy when you have no money!!. That is 5 down and 10 more to go. Had a creative eating of cupboard experience and it was absolutely delicious. It was egg fried rice with mushrooms. I was pleasantly surprised as it wasn't looking appetizing.

Great to see everyone doing well on there NSDs
    #545- SPC
    Homeowner by 40
    August Nsd 1/15
    • SkintTeacher
    • By SkintTeacher 8th Jul 17, 4:47 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    SkintTeacher
    not an NSD but then Saturdays never are for me!
    Went to town early doors with little man - had to get pressies for his teachers at nursery. Managed to find little pots from hotel chocolat that look really special but are only a couple of quid each.
    Got an amazing flamingo patterned swimming costume for £1 in a closing down sale (I really needed a new costume so this was an excellent find).
    Spent £40 wedding voucher in bookshop on holiday reading and 2 books for little man.
    Also a gorgeous bodycon dress in charity shop for £4.
    Had a swim in that afternoon - free because little man is under 5 and I'm a member.
    Then a snooze on the sofa whilst the hubby cooks dinner.
    Realising I live a charmed life, I had a wonder woman symbol shaved into my undercut today to represent all the amazing women (and men) fighting their fights against cancer out there. Quite excited to show it off in the big race tomorrow I've made over £100 in donations.
    Have a great Sunday all!
    Skint-Teacher x
    • Munchin
    • By Munchin 8th Jul 17, 7:03 PM
    • 2,033 Posts
    • 5,840 Thanks
    Munchin
    Hi

My aim is to have 16 NSDs this month & I'm at 5 . I want to take lunch into work everyday I'm in this month so that is 17 days. Big challenge for me is stop frittering.

Happily following Frugalwoods challenge & love reading everyone's comments
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 8th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 46,069 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am gratefeul for the lovely optician who did dd's eye test, for catching the buses we needed to, for the 'yoof' on the bus (15yo, hoodie fully up, primarni bags and loud gfriend) offering dd one of his k1nder bueno snacks, for dh having a quiet day recovering from his teeth extractions, for my plants still growing despite my negligence, for dd rediscovering her ukelele, for enjoying the Tour, and the tennis, for fresh bed linen, for constant vigilance re spends meaning I feel more in control.
    NST Sept scrimper #2; NSD 15; Ex 14; craft 212; remove 510
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £2883/£4050; 2
    017 sell 116

Mortgage £24,331 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 8th Jul 17, 9:33 PM
    • 870 Posts
    • 2,341 Thanks
    lcc86
    First post since I returned from holiday (which was fab as ever) and I've managed my second NSD of the month today as well as a healthy day - much needed after the excess of holiday

Did some gardening today for the first time ever - if you can count hedge trimming as gardening that is? We have a shared garden and the hedge was ridiculous and I couldn't stand it any longer so trimmed it back.

My sister asked if she could clean my house once a month for some extra cash (she's on maternity). Shouldn't really do it as it's a luxury I can go without but it's only until she goes back to work and it's helping her out. Saves me some time as well, lord knows I don't clean as often as I should!

Tomorrow should be a NSD and will def be a healthy day - am volunteering and then horse riding so I'll be knackered. Happy Saturday all.
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original DFD

25/08/17 new total £802 back in debt but determined clear it by February 2018! 23/09/17 - £435 2017 365 day challenge £457 saved for emergency fund
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 8th Jul 17, 10:19 PM
    • 2,519 Posts
    • 23,746 Thanks
    Fmess
    Evening all,

Just had my first proper day off in 6 weeks, and it was lovely. It was spendy but only because I treated myself to raspberry ripple fudge from the fudge company that sets up at farmers markets. I only go there once or twice a year so it's a real treat. I also sorted the new to me but actually very old furniture and put my IKEA pieces out of sight in the spare room, and will list them on gumtree in the holiday. Tomorrow should be a SFD, I'm planning on doing both gardens and a bit more house rearranging.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Roof Debt £1425/£8542
    SeptNST #? SFD 1/18 Food 101.16/120 Personal 160/200 Petrol 50/100
    • misstara
    • By misstara 8th Jul 17, 10:35 PM
    • 2,360 Posts
    • 16,349 Thanks
    misstara
    Yesterday was a NSD 3/16. Today was spendy as we did the weekly shop.

Today I'm grateful for a good run, seeing seals while I was out on my run, a lovely sunny day, 2 loads of washing done and line dried, a day off work, reading a bit more of my book, getting loads of work done for my qualification and a yummy roast dinner (we had it today as I'm working a double shift tomorrow)
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1525.60 (33.7% paid)
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - Run 6/8, Gym 1/4. Groceries target £101.46/£150. NSD target 8/18.
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 8th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    PlaysNicely

Hope everyone's having a happy weekend!

1) NSDs: still at 4 / 16 - family birthday so breakfast out with family, OH also bought bread from village SM and remembered to use loyalty card and 25p off voucher!

2) At least one store cupboard menu week this month: longest run so far 5 days.
    No dinner spends today, picnic dinner in garden making the most of leftovers and cupboard items: hot herby baby potatoes (fresh herbs from garden), HM caponata (had hot yesterday, the rest cold today in manner of dip), remains of the HM red pepper humous, cheese & chutney pasta salad, tomato & basil salad, naan breads from freezer.

3) Try to up my own income in some way (legally of course)! Achieved! Extra weekend job starting this month. OH now also doing some exam board marking which will help make up some of his lost income.

4) My NST health goal: 10,000 steps a day (as total of 70,000 across a week)!
    Achieved this today, just over 14,000 - 7.5 km of this was a long walk with dogs across nature reserve this evening whilst poor OH was stuck at the computer. Good start for new week 14,000 / 70,000.

5) No FleaBay shopping for the whole month - achieved again today, despite a cheeky temptation = 8 / 31.

6) Frugal focus: sourcing instead of spending:
    Tried to have a sewing day today ...
    * Valance in progress - one panel hemmed, still needs sewing to base.
    * Doggy glove puppet in progress - no knitting today due to long dog walk.
    * Also making a summer skirt out of old fabric I was given that I hadn't done anything with - sewn up and elasticated waistband put in, will hem & finish this tomorrow.
    * A recent family visitor dumped a shirt here that he didn't want anymore because he'd ripped sleeve and was finding buttons too loose. Told us to bin it or use it. Have cut the sleeves down so it is short sleeved & sewn buttons on properly. Good wash and it's a new shirt for OH!

Simple pleasures:
    Time with family this morning.
    Lovely walk this evening, was out whilst moon rising & saw barn owl, little owl and bats!
    Thanks to Mothernerd's great quote for today, I've had Bob Marley's Three Little Birds playing on repeat in my head all day!

Sleep well all, PN x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £147 / £1000 365 day penny challenge - £142.00 / £667.95 30 Fridays savings pot = £ 105 / £465
    NST July #23 - trying to build up EF & savings (as above)
    • abundant1972
    • By abundant1972 8th Jul 17, 11:14 PM
    • 1,177 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    abundant1972
    Evening everyone!

Today I am grateful for:
    1. The gym I use and the people that run it
    2. For my new spiritual practice. 8 Days / 8 now!
    3. For mending a few bridges with people
    Today was a spend day in the end. I am trying a new diet and I just couldn't make it work with what I had in my stores/freezer... so I went out and did a fairly substantial shop to supplement what I had in. Also bought a few bits for the kitchen (a decent cheese grater and an omelette pan) to make my life a bit easier. I really want a portable grill as our oven's is pants... but I will make do for now.

Feeling in the zone more than I have in a long time, which is great. A little sad as my recent ex has met someone already, but hey... I'm going to choose to be happy that there are 2 more happy people in the World. The right one will come along one day I'm sure hehe.

Night for now! Hugs all
    Repay Car : Phase 2 : £0/£500 by 13/09
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    Help To Buy ISA = £4683.65. EF = £1250/£4500
    NST Sept : NSD=1/16 : Food £25/£100 : Spends £25/£100
    365 Day 1p Challenge = £556.80/£667.95. £1.00 a Day = £273.00/£365.00
    Spiritual Practice =0/31. Exercise Sessions 1/14. Cash Bonus = £26/£150 + £267/£399
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 8th Jul 17, 11:29 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 20,610 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Good evening joyful turtles (just had to check if it was still today and not tomorrow).

Thrifty big hugs and will be thinking of you.

PlaysNicely Congratulations on your new p-t job and on the linen skirt. i love linen.

swimming are you allowed to play at soft play. DS1 and DS2 went to tumble tots until they moved to a new location, but as they were in different age groups I had to entertain the other one (sessions followed on).

JoBlogs NSD superstar. I'm not a fan of shopping. At times I have been so poor that I haven't even window shopped and then eg when I need new clothes, I have no idea which shops would be appropriate or what choice of styles is available. My ex was really annoyed when I walked straight through department stores - I tried to explain that there were maybe 3 different dress styles, everything else was variations in colour, length, sleeves and pattern. If 2 of the 3 didn't suit my body shape and the colours were garish that was it, it didn't bear closer examination.

He never understood why I wouldn't try on the mustard and purple madras checked dress the assistant suddenly produced from the back of the store.

Lauralozzle I think you are very wise to take the day off. I did have one job which made me take Sundays off but then I had to get up at 4am on monday to do Sunday's two hours - I really hated Mondays. (5am start is fine, 4am is my limit).

Skint Teacher that was quite a spending spree but well justified. Knowing exactly what you need, seeing it at a bargainaceous price and not buying anything you don't need makes shopping tolerable.

x-raphael-x sounds like relaxing and recharging is the way to go, always listen to your body.

apple awesome shredding. DS3 used to wear his brothers cast offs. When he and I went into Manchester, he often got invited to join (or adopted) by the Goth group at the back of the bus because of the band name hoody - lovely people.

Ice86 fab news about your sister's cleaning.

Munchin the Frugalwoods challenge is fab. I have had a fail today as I rushed out ten minutes before little Arseda shut to buy a pr1tt stick. Mine has gone missing (it's one from crafts) and it will get used. To compound my failure, I bought a pack of 20 gel pens for £2.50 (including some glittery and neon ones). I have a plan for a project to get the girl we are worried about more engaged.

I've had a lovely day - the backache, headache and sore jaw must have been due more to tension than actual injuries. Bits of housework interspersed with lots of cutting and sticking (including some business stuff). Now I am going to have a lovely bath (dreading water conservation coming up on the Frugalwoods challenge - showers are ok but baths rule).

Today I am gratfeul for butterflies, beautiful weather (last night's rain cooled things down) and being creative.

indigowarrior I am glad the creative cupboard meal was delicious
    Last edited by mothernerd; 08-07-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 9th Jul 17, 8:28 AM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 20,610 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Joyful July Day Nine
    Was just falling asleep and then thought you might be in need of some inspiration so

Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life.

Just Remember

EVERYTHING Will Be Alright

because it's nearly Bob .......Don't worry, bout a thing, cos evry little thing's gonna be alright (Blues Brothers tomorrow anyone?).

• Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 9th Jul 17, 8:52 AM
    • 4,081 Posts
    • 21,906 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Thanks everyone for your comments on Now TV - I will look in to it a bit more this week.

((((Thrifty)) so sorry to hear of your loss.

My NSD's are not going very well at all so far, Thurs was a spend day as went to see a natural allergy therapist, Fri was a leaving meal for a work colleague, yesterday we collected our pigs and had to buy pig food.

Today will be a spend day as DS working next week and stays with my mum as she lives close by, so need to buy his packed lunch stuff for a week.
    Am hoping next week will be full of NSD's.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 20 for August
    NSD - 0/18
    (up to 01/09/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Jo Blogs
    • By Jo Blogs 9th Jul 17, 11:33 AM
    • 751 Posts
    • 2,593 Thanks
    Jo Blogs
    Good morning everyone

So very sorry to hear about your loss thrifty - sending you a big hug

Well today will be busy and I certainly won't be shopping or spending. far too much to catch up on, and now the Frugalwood's email has arrived - Look forward to getting my teeth into that later - 'Frugality gives you options' - I like the sound of that and yes, it's true .

Today will be NSD & ED No. 9

Wishing you all a wonderful day!
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44 for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 Sept NSDs 4/15CCCChl 9/12 months
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
    • SkintTeacher
    • By SkintTeacher 9th Jul 17, 4:24 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 1,872 Thanks
    SkintTeacher
    race for life -
    Done

Amazing atmosphere. Bit tired now but straight into half marathon training after an imposed rest due to end of term madness next week
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 9th Jul 17, 5:01 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 1,974 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Today I am grateful
    For the internet and being able to communicate with the world
    For living in such a lovely area. I am beginning to appreciate it more and more.

I am also greatful for the fact that I feel like some negative part of me has lifted. I am still in the situation with my children and I would prefer not to be. Its painful to apart from your kids for whatever reason. At least I can rest a little easier knowing that they are safe and healthy.

I spent today but it means I should have a few no spend days in a row.
    #545- SPC
    Homeowner by 40
    August Nsd 1/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

2,447Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin