Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SN3D
    • By SN3D 28th Jun 17, 10:12 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 5Thanks
    SN3D
    Minster Baywatch Parking Charge
    • 28th Jun 17, 10:12 PM
    Minster Baywatch Parking Charge 28th Jun 17 at 10:12 PM
    Hi all

I received this PCN from Minster Baywatch 2 days ago and it reads as follows:

The letter states.......

We have recently written to you regarding charge ref 123456789. We note that despite our attempts to encourage you to satisfy the notice, both at the lower amount of 60 which was valid for 14 days of the date of the aforementioned letter and then the higher amount of 100 which was valid for a further 14 days, giving you 28days in which to satisfy the notice, no payment has been received and no arrangement to pay has been agreed.
    (As in my original post we never received the first 2 letters they state were sent)

As such this notice has now been passed to our internal collections team, this has resulted in an additional charge of 55 being applied bringing the total liability on this notice to 155.00

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
    You need to pay the amount of 155, no later than 19.12.16. You can do this via our website minsterbaywatch or by phoning our team on tel number 01904 612277 who will be able to discuss available payment options with you.

WHAT IF YOU DON'T PAY WHAT YOU OWE
    In accordance with schedule 4 of the protection of Freedoms Act 2012, you are liable for this charge as such if you have not agreed a payment schedule with us by 19.12.16 we will not be able to prevent further action being taken against you.

Please be aware if payment is not received by the aforementioned date the charge will be passed to an external debt collection or our solicitors to recover any amount outstanding.

This is the ONLY letter I have received from MB despite their claims they have tried to contact me before.

After reading the newbies section FAQ I sent them the template appeal letter via email the very next day.

This morning I received this reply:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

However, please be aware that the deadline to appeal the charge has passed. Driverís are afforded 28 days to appeal from the date when the NTK is issued. We are therefore not processing this submission as an appeal.

Kind Regards,

Amelia

Minster Baywatch Team

I would appreciate any advice as to what I should do next as I'm stressing about paying it. I really don't want any CCJ's .

Many thanks
Page 2
    • trefoiled
    • By trefoiled 22nd Dec 17, 4:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    trefoiled
    Ticket with the same company
    Hi there,
    apologies to jump on this thread, but I'm not sure where I stand with a ticket with the same company.

I received a letter on the 11th of December charging me £60 for parking in a private car park in York on the 2nd of November, it contained several photographs of my car.
    Basically, I was loading on a narrow road and pulled into a two space car bay to avoid blocking the road. I did not notice any signs at the time and as I was in and out I saw no problem, I didn't notice anyone around and no ticket was applied to my car so I assumed all to be fine.

Do I have any grounds to appeal as I was loading? I have been back to the bay and the sign is very clear but why wasn't a ticket applied to my car. Any help would be much appreciated!
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 22nd Dec 17, 5:27 PM
    • 8,019 Posts
    • 8,210 Thanks
    pogofish
    Hi there,
    apologies to jump on this thread, but I'm not sure where I stand with a ticket with the same company.
    Originally posted by trefoiled
    You clearly agreed to the forum policy on spamming/bumping/hijacking threads as part of your signup, so you already know that this isn't the place and as you now have your own thread in the right place, attracting good advice, editing-out/deleting your post here would be best.
    Last edited by pogofish; 22-12-2017 at 5:29 PM.
    • Raks990
    • By Raks990 6th Jan 18, 3:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Raks990
    SN3D what happend to your claim ??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,764Posts Today

9,002Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• This is perhaps the most ridiculous tool I've seen online, it values your name based on what a sample of 500,000 ea? https://t.co/39sRBJrLt3

• RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• Follow Martin