Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • slinga
    • By slinga 28th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    • 1,070Posts
    • 217Thanks
    slinga
    0 WOW
    First Class flights.
    • 28th Jun 17, 10:35 AM
    0 WOW
    First Class flights. 28th Jun 17 at 10:35 AM
    We live in the Far East for 6 months and UK for 6 months.
    Recently we've been travelling on Vietnam Airlines Business Class which has very good deals but a 3 hour or more stopover in Hanoi or HCMC.
    I've been thinking of trying a flight in First Class and wonder what others experiences might be.
    Thai come out cheapest although timings not the best.
    Emirates look OK and we like the Airbus 380 which seems a very quiet plane on Emirates.

The missus says BA FC hasn't got good reviews although as it would be non stop I find it attractive.

I've been checking the prices through the Matrix website but can't see how to book the prices they show. Any ideas on this or a website which allows you to book the prices they give??

Anyone got any comments??
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
Page 2
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 9th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 6,851 Posts
    • 8,437 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    Thanks. But how are they better.

A FC seat is a FC seat.
    Originally posted by slinga
    Well if you want to travel internally in the USA I think you'd discover this really isn't the case.

Perhaps Google YouTube video of Emirates latest offering and compare to, say, BA.
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 10th Jul 17, 6:10 PM
    • 2,160 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    fifeken
    Thanks. But how are they better.

A FC seat is a FC seat.
    Cabin pressure is the equivalent of a lower altitude then "older" aircraft, and they maintain a higher humidity. This leaves you feeling more refreshed at the end of your flight.
    • slinga
    • By slinga 11th Jul 17, 8:50 AM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    slinga
    New aircraft types are quieter and the air quality better, you arrive feeling less tired.
    I've flown long haul on A380, B747, B772 and B787 aircraft recently and the A380 and B787 flights were much better.
    A great seat in business on a new aircraft type is very good.

Compare the Swissair fare with A380 services on BA and SQ from SIN in businesss and first.
    Originally posted by richardw
    Not sure exactly what you mean or how/what to compare.

Does a 'cheap' FC fare mean you've got a great deal or that the service won't include stuff or be as FC as other more expensive FC.

Qantas do a good fare as well.

We've managed to change our start point from Singapore to Heathrow so fares are much cheaper anyway.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 11th Jul 17, 9:26 AM
    • 18,094 Posts
    • 7,422 Thanks
    richardw
    Swissair is only giving you FC from Zurich to Singapore, London to Zurich is in short haul business.

Qantas is via Dubai and Dubai to Singapore is on Emirates, look for the A380 flights.

This business class https://youtu.be/zP7f0VjHwPE looks good.
    Last edited by richardw; 11-07-2017 at 9:46 AM.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • Blue264
    • By Blue264 12th Jul 17, 11:38 AM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    Blue264
    Can't find a way to add my own photos, but the emirates First class product is the only one I've seen so far that I like to be honest. The first class on many other airlines is often just a slightly glorified version of Business class, whereas Emirates and Qatar are totally different.

https://www.emirates.com/english/experience/cabin-features/first-class.aspx
    • slinga
    • By slinga 12th Jul 17, 1:21 PM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    slinga
    We've now booked Swissair.
    It's the cheapest we've found.
    Be interesting to compare it to Vietnam Airways Business Class which we've been using from Changi to LHR for the past 4 years.

Air miles on Sky team (Vietnam Airlines) was pretty useless, imo.

One world was great when we used it to book hotels and car hire.

Although we had airmiles with Star alliances years ago they ran out before we used them.
    How easy are airmiles with Star Alliance to use and can you use them for various deals?
    • Blue264
    • By Blue264 12th Jul 17, 3:29 PM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    Blue264
    We've now booked Swissair.
    It's the cheapest we've found.
    Hope you report back because I'd be interested to see what you think of their first class product. And a little word to the wise...it's Swiss. Swissair ceased operations on 2002
    • richardw
    • By richardw 12th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    • 18,094 Posts
    • 7,422 Thanks
    richardw
    Was Swiss first cheaper than Singapore airlines business class?

Are you on a Swiss CS100/300 aircraft between London and Zurich?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • slinga
    • By slinga 12th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    slinga
    Was Swiss first cheaper than Singapore airlines business class?

Are you on a Swiss CS100/300 aircraft between London and Zurich?
    Originally posted by richardw
    Cost was near enough the same.

Airbus 320 to Zurich

If the return originates in Singapore then the flights are much more expensive but SQ BC is much cheaper than Swiss FC.
    Last edited by slinga; 12-07-2017 at 6:31 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,207Posts Today

6,839Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin