Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 10_66
    • By 10_66 28th Jun 17, 7:26 AM
    • 2,622Posts
    • 973Thanks
    10_66
    Hotmail.co.uk email account - help please!
    • 28th Jun 17, 7:26 AM
    Hotmail.co.uk email account - help please! 28th Jun 17 at 7:26 AM
    I tried to log in to my hotmail.co.uk account this morning but every time it fails with a message saying "something went wrong" error message MSSPError=-2146232060" there were a string of other numbers and letters when I clicked on more details. I access my log in page by just going to hotmail.com (which takes me to login.live.com). My OH has successfully logged into their hotmail account, so it's obviously a problem with my email account.

Does anyone know how I can contact, please? I've tried to find how to contact them but so far have only come up with an Outlook support page, that specifically says for help only for Hotmail.com and Outlook.com. Heaven knows what I'll do if I can't access my account, I need urgent access to it

Edit: I've now managed to log on, but I'd still like to know how you get in touch with Hotmail just in case I need it again. How do I back up my contacts and emails from Hotmail? I do a computer back up every so often, but I'm not sure that this would back up my Hotmail contacts etc?

Last edited by 10_66; 28-06-2017 at 8:01 AM.
Page 1
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 28th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 3,280 Posts
    • 1,488 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    • 28th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 28th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    How do I back up my contacts and emails from Hotmail?
    Originally posted by 10_66
    A bulletproof way of backing up email is (free)
    http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home-email-archiving.aspx
    Help here. https://help.mailstore.com/en/home/MailStore_Home_Help

It makes a copy of all your Hotmail on local PC, irrespective of how your Hotmail is setup.

Contacts. Logon to Hotmail. Look for People -> Manage -> Export contacts
    Last edited by grumpycrab; 28-06-2017 at 8:38 AM.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature because somebody complained that the information contained within it was too helpful.
    • SLDB
    • By SLDB 4th Aug 17, 10:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SLDB
    • 4th Aug 17, 10:00 AM
    • 4th Aug 17, 10:00 AM
    Hello I would like to contact them too. Did anyone have a number. I think hotmail co uk may have been compromised. Urgent help please
    • donnac2558
    • By donnac2558 4th Aug 17, 12:34 PM
    • 2,371 Posts
    • 1,971 Thanks
    donnac2558
    • 4th Aug 17, 12:34 PM
    • 4th Aug 17, 12:34 PM
    I got the message last week. Retried and got straight into my account with no problems since.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 19th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 3,634 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 19th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 19th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    Originally posted by RebeccaSuggests
    Must try harder.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 19th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 2,215 Posts
    • 1,943 Thanks
    giraffe69
    • 19th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    • 19th Sep 17, 3:39 PM
    There is a problem at present. Plenty of articles about it.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/email-problems-hotmail-outlook-may-last-another-24-hours/
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 19th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 8,300 Posts
    • 6,263 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 19th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    • 19th Sep 17, 5:09 PM
    Originally posted by giraffe69
    Yes but this thread was resurrected by a spammer
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    • 31,947 Posts
    • 37,678 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    Get in touch with technicians of Hotmail Support Team UK through dialing toll free Hotmail Customer Service Number UK. They are well qualified and skilled to provide the proper solution for any kind of Hotmail/Outlook account issues. Contact their support team and get the correct solution to solve the problem.
    Originally posted by TechnicalAnnie
    This is a fake support site , not Hotmail

Will scam you for £100's and install malware on your pc

SCAM
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,474Posts Today

6,157Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin