Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • G99999
    • By G99999 27th Jun 17, 10:12 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 3Thanks
    G99999
    Smart Parking ANPR Lease car
    • 27th Jun 17, 10:12 PM
    Smart Parking ANPR Lease car 27th Jun 17 at 10:12 PM
    Hi
    Hoping for some advice. I have read the newbies guide (about five times!) and would just like to check I am sending the correct appeal details at the correct time. I lease a vehicle from Arval. They have past my details onto Smart Parking (and charged me an admin fee) Today I received a PCN in the post from Smart Parking 12 days after the aledged contravention. The claim is that the vehicle was parked for 3hr 10 mins in a 3hr only private car park. Could someone please advise if this is this the correct response to send through their website (I obviously need to change names etc)....and should I send straight away. Thanks

Dear Sir,

Parking Charge Notice [0123456789]: Vehicle Registration [AA11ABC]

I refer to the above-detailed Parking Charge Notice (“PCN”) issued to me by Highview Parking Ltd (“Highview”) as a Notice to Hirer. I confirm that as the hirer of this vehicle, I am its keeper for the purpose of the corresponding definition under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (“POFA”) and I write to formally challenge the validity of this PCN.

You will no doubt be familiar with the strict requirements of Schedule 4 of POFA to be followed in order for a parking operator to be able to invoke keeper liability for a Parking Charge. There are a number of reasons why Highview’s Notice to Hirer did not comply with POFA; in order that you may understand why, I suggest that you carefully study the details of Paragraphs 13 and 14 of Schedule 4 in particular.

Given that Highview has forfeited its right to keeper liability, please confirm that you shall now cancel this charge. Alternatively, should you choose to reject my challenge, please provide me with details of the Independent Appeals Service (POPLA), their contact details and a unique POPLA appeal reference so that I may escalate the matter to POPLA.

Thank you for your cooperation and I look forward to receiving your response within the relevant timescales specified under the British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice.

Yours faithfully,

[Insert squiggle as signature]
Page 1
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 27th Jun 17, 11:12 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 1,516 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    • 27th Jun 17, 11:12 PM
    • 27th Jun 17, 11:12 PM
    Yep, that'll do - you just need to change Highview to Smart.

It's possible that Smart may cancel at the first stage. Even if they don't, they won't bother contesting a well-constructed submission to POPLA.

Don't forget to notify Arval that you will require them to credit back their admin fee once Smart have cancelled the PCN.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    • 50,150 Posts
    • 63,524 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    • 27th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    The claim is that the vehicle was parked for 3hr 10 mins in a 3hr only private car park.
    They are shockingly bad. They know full well they must allow at least ten minutes grace period.

Could someone please advise if this is this the correct response to send through their website (I obviously need to change names etc)....and should I send straight away.
    Yes, that's right, and submit it online (NOT by post) with the names changed to 'Smart' straight away. If there is a dropdown menu on the appeals page, choose 'hirer' or 'lessee' or 'keeper' or 'other'.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DonLa
    • By DonLa 9th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DonLa
    • 9th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    Hi,
    Looking for some advice I have received a PCN from smart parking ltd dated 4/7/2017 the date of which the unauthorised parking allegedly happened was 30/5/2017. Wanting £100 but if I pay before "18th July it will be reduced to £60". I did purchase a 3 hour ticket I did go over by 15 mins then went back and purchased another ticket for an hour and left the car park before this ticket ran out. I also lease this vehicle through my work plus smart parking ltd actually sent the PCN to the wrong address to someone who lives over the road to me they only handed me this today. I really need advice what to do should I just ignore this or should I appeal ??
    • G99999
    • By G99999 21st Jul 17, 4:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    G99999
    • 21st Jul 17, 4:57 PM
    • 21st Jul 17, 4:57 PM
    Email received ..... thanks everyone !

Thank you for your recent communication.

I have noted the points you raised and would like to confirm that we are cancelling the Parking Charge Notice.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Smart Parking Ltd
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jul 17, 12:01 AM
    • 50,150 Posts
    • 63,524 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 23rd Jul 17, 12:01 AM
    • 23rd Jul 17, 12:01 AM

Dear Sir,

Parking Charge Notice [0123456789]: Vehicle Registration [AA11ABC]

I refer to the above-detailed Parking Charge Notice (“PCN”) issued to me by xxxxxxxxxx Parking Ltd, as a Notice to Hirer. I confirm that as the hirer of this vehicle, I am its keeper for the purpose of the corresponding definition under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (“POFA”) and I write to formally challenge the validity of this PCN.

You will no doubt be familiar with the strict requirements of Schedule 4 of POFA to be followed in order for a parking operator to be able to invoke keeper liability for a Parking Charge. There are a number of reasons why xxxxxxxxxxx’s Notice to Hirer did not comply with POFA; in order that you may understand why, I suggest that you carefully study the details of Paragraphs 13 and 14 of Schedule 4 in particular.

Given that xxxxxxxxxxx has forfeited its right to keeper liability, please confirm that you shall now cancel this charge. Alternatively, should you choose to reject my challenge, please provide me with details of the Independent Appeals Service (POPLA), their contact details and a unique POPLA appeal reference so that I may escalate the matter to POPLA.

Thank you for your cooperation and I look forward to receiving your response within the relevant timescales specified under the British Parking Association Ltd Code of Practice.

Yours faithfully,

[Insert squiggle as signature]
    Originally posted by G99999

The above appeal will usually work first time v any BPA parking firm regarding a hire/lease car.

Well done!

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,766Posts Today

9,021Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Interesting well argued take on the Uber situation from a black cab driver... https://t.co/c1I5ta0jde

• Follow Martin