Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Reue
    • By Reue 27th Jun 17, 3:43 PM
    • 467Posts
    • 361Thanks
    Reue
    NTK contains no discount info
    • 27th Jun 17, 3:43 PM
    NTK contains no discount info 27th Jun 17 at 3:43 PM
    If the NTK only specifies the full charge (£100) with no reference to the discounted charge on a windscreen ticket (£60) does that make it in breach of POFA 8 2 (g) - inform the keeper of any discount offered for prompt payment and the arrangements for the resolution of disputes or complaints that are available;

Does this invalidate the NTK in any way and if so is it worth relying upon this fact in any communications back?

Thanks.
Page 2
    • Reue
    • By Reue 13th Jul 17, 8:29 AM
    • 467 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    Reue
    Coupon, you must be psychic as his response was exactly as predicted:

Thank you for your email regarding this matter. DVLA looks primarily to the Accredited Trade Associations to monitor the behaviour of parking companies and their appeals process. Therefore I would suggest contacting the IPC to raise your concerns and allow them to investigate.

If the IPC do not assist you with this, please let DVLA know and we can consider what involvement we may have.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 3:07 PM
    • 48,196 Posts
    • 61,669 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The IPC will not assist you but jump through the hoops.

And please write to your MP and Trading Standards now.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Reue
    • By Reue 19th Jul 17, 9:44 AM
    • 467 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    Reue
    The IPC will not assist you but jump through the hoops.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Reply from Mr Dunford:

I am not aware that DVLA has banned this process but there is no legal requirement for the keeper to name the driver upon appeal. As the appeals process is a matter for the Accredited Trade Associations to manage, I have raised this with the International Parking Community for their comments.

Once I have received a response, I will provide a reply to yourself.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 17, 10:49 AM
    • 48,196 Posts
    • 61,669 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The DVLA and BPA jointly wrote to all parking companies before the IPC even existed, reminding them that certain conduct was a serious breach. One was about misleading an appellant that the driver's name/address was a requirement of any appeal.

This email in question was from 2012/2013 I think (could have been earlier, not later) and on the NoToMob website, but I can't find it now.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,463Posts Today

9,115Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin