Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 27th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    • 62Posts
    • 20Thanks
    hineyb
    UKPC/Debt Recovery plus
    • 27th Jun 17, 8:41 AM
    UKPC/Debt Recovery plus 27th Jun 17 at 8:41 AM
    Hi Guys,

Been a while since i been in here as i have won all of them easily since taking all your advice, but now ive got to one where something odd has happened, maybe a new approach from UKPC, They are basically ignoring my appeals, so i sent an appeal once the NTK came through, and it was done online, received receipt of them receiving it, then heard nothing, checked my appeal on ukpc website and it said nothing like i hadnt appealed, so i sent an appeal again saying i sent an appeal and havent heard from you, on this basis i assume you have accepted your error an cancelled the ticket, thanks.

Didnt hear anything (its for a friend) he messaged me and said what happened with that ticket, so i checked on ukpc site and it now says its with debt recovery plus!?

Can they do this without sending a popla number!?

Im confused as to what they are doing now? this hasnt happened to be before

Anyone else had similar?

Cheers guys!
    Last edited by hineyb; 18-07-2017 at 9:15 AM.
Page 2
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Jul 17, 9:46 AM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,500 Thanks
    Quentin
    Read up the newbies faq thread near the top of the page.

Your friend is in the debt collecting stage - during which they have up to 6 years to commence legal action.

See http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663 about ignoring drp

He can keep complaining but don't expect too much as #19
    Last edited by Quentin; 06-07-2017 at 9:48 AM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Jul 17, 10:16 AM
    • 5,669 Posts
    • 7,322 Thanks
    beamerguy
    No reply from either BPA of UKPC?

Any ideas on where to go or what to do next!?

These people are laughable!
    Originally posted by hineyb
    It is a great shame that the BPA has lost all credibility. They are
    not worthy of their position.

However you need to write to them again, this time ask them
    why they are ignoring you ?

UKPC are just ignorant and as it is your right to appeal to POPLA,
    then a further letter to the DVLA telling Dunford that it appears
    UKPC are ignoring you and denied you the right to appeal and you insist he intervenes

The point of this is the famous "paper trail"

This is prime for a judge to see if UKPC are stupid enough to
    take you to court.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jul 17, 10:34 AM
    • 14,054 Posts
    • 22,078 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Any ideas on where to go or what to do next!?
    Wait patiently. You only sent the letters a few days ago!

You got a quick reply from the DVLA because it was a fob-off - dead easy to turn those around by return.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 06-07-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 6th Jul 17, 10:41 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    Ok i will wait, i mean, if it was me, i wouldnt be bothered and would happily wait for UKPC (if they dared) to take me to court, but as its for my friend, hes not as clued up on this sort of thing. ive never had to figh one of these without a POPLA code, I normally always get the POPLA code and beat them there with ease, This time my friend got a ticket, called me and i said do not pay it, he kept saying its only £30 i might aswell, i said no dont let them win.

Now its at £160 and i know hes losing faith in me!! i just want a POPLA code so i can be done with them, i guess i will just keep telling him to chill, but the more letters he gets the more scared he will get!! hmmm
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    • 14,054 Posts
    • 22,078 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    On what date did you email the initial appeal to UKPC?

Did you provide them with the name and postal address of the keeper?

Did you cross reference the vehicle registration number and PCN reference number in the email?

Was it done in the keeper's name?

Sorry these are all basic questions (not covered in any previous post from a quick back-review), but a PPC doesn't need any excuse to not send a POPLA code.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Jul 17, 10:49 AM
    • 5,669 Posts
    • 7,322 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Ok i will wait, i mean, if it was me, i wouldnt be bothered and would happily wait for UKPC (if they dared) to take me to court, but as its for my friend, hes not as clued up on this sort of thing. ive never had to figh one of these without a POPLA code, I normally always get the POPLA code and beat them there with ease, This time my friend got a ticket, called me and i said do not pay it, he kept saying its only £30 i might aswell, i said no dont let them win.

Now its at £160 and i know hes losing faith in me!! i just want a POPLA code so i can be done with them, i guess i will just keep telling him to chill, but the more letters he gets the more scared he will get!! hmmm
    Originally posted by hineyb
    It's only £160 BECAUSE DRP got involved, £60 to them if you pay which of course you will not
    The £60 scam charge from DRP will not be passed back to UKPC
    when DRP tell UKPC that they failed.

DRP operate a "no win no fee" system so no costs will be passed
    back to UKPC as they (DRP) did not win

Put the DRP muppets out of your mind. All DRP letters please keep to show
    to a judge if it goes that far
    Last edited by beamerguy; 06-07-2017 at 11:00 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 6th Jul 17, 10:51 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    On what date did you email the initial appeal to UKPC? - 13/03/2017 of which they emailed saying they had received it.

Did you provide them with the name and postal address of the keeper? Yes, although they already had it as thats where the NTK was sent.

Did you cross reference the vehicle registration number and PCN reference number in the email? I did that on the UKPC website?

Was it done in the keeper's name? Yes
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Jul 17, 10:52 AM
    • 14,054 Posts
    • 22,078 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Thx for clarification. So it's await the BPA response. I doubt you'll get anything from UKPC.

• hineyb
    • By hineyb 11th Jul 17, 9:14 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    Hi Guys,

Still no response from any of them?

Shall i send a chaser email? :S
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jul 17, 6:00 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 62,485 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Follow up the BPA and DVLA and tell them you have emailed UKPC who are ignoring you and this is not good enough.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hineyb
    • By hineyb 12th Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    Have sent that message to DVLA now, cc'd in BPA and UKPC,

Hopefully this will give them both a kick up the !!!!!
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 14th Jul 17, 9:30 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    so i got a reply from BPA... hmmmmmmmmmm

BPA-11652

Good morning,

Thank you for your emails.

In reviewing our records it would appear as though we did not receive your original email dated 4th July 2017.

As a membership association we are only able to address enquiries in relation to alleged non-compliance with the BPA Code of Practice. We are not set up to deal with disputes from the general public about parking or control. Nor are we a regulatory body. Therefore, the Code does not provide a way for a driver to challenge how a landowner or operator has applied parking control and enforcement on private land. Any challenge or appeal is a matter for the landowners or operators procedure, with the option of taking it to POPLA, and or the courts. We will not get involved in the arbitration of a dispute between an operator and an individual.

We have contacted the operator to request further information in relation to your appeal and once received we shall be in touch.

Thank you for your patience whilst this is being looked into.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Briody
    Compliance Investigations Officer
    British Parking Association

What do we think of this? surely by them not allowing me to appeal they are breaking the code of practice?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Jul 17, 12:09 PM
    • 2,291 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    fisherjim
    You do have to wonder at the competence of the staff employed by the BPA:

As a membership association we are only able to address enquiries in relation to alleged non-compliance with the BPA Code of Practice.

That's what you complained about isn't it?
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    • 5,669 Posts
    • 7,322 Thanks
    beamerguy
    You do have to wonder at the competence of the staff employed by the BPA:

As a membership association we are only able to address enquiries in relation to alleged non-compliance with the BPA Code of Practice.

That's what you complained about isn't it?
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    I agree fisher ...... all the other waffle is pointless

I despair with how unprofessional the BPA is, a child would
    probably give a better reply.

The BPA are certainly on par with the scam IPC

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 1:13 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 62,485 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    With the BPA, what you have to do is ignore the larger paragraph as that's saying nothing at all. What they've done is used a standard email fob-off template, but squeezed in something useful:

We have contacted the operator to request further information in relation to your appeal and once received we shall be in touch.
    So, that's what they are doing. Clear as mud but it's there when you know what to ignore in the email.

Wait to hear back and chase them up after a fortnight if you hear nothing.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jul 17, 1:36 PM
    • 14,054 Posts
    • 22,078 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Nor are we a regulatory body.
    If you're up to causing some ripples, why not write to David Dunford of the DVLA and ask him, if the BPA are not a regulatory body, just who exactly is overseeing the private parking industry. And given the millions it is sucking from motorists and the alarm and distress it is causing, surely the DVLA cannot blindly let this go on without some form of day-to-day supervisory mechanism in place.

Who/which body is considering the needs of the general public, which is being steamrollered via threat, intimidation and spurious legal cases against them? It is clear from the BPA response that they have absolutely no interest whatsoever in providing even a modicum of support to the British public.

• hineyb
    • By hineyb 14th Jul 17, 3:28 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    Hey guys thanks for your replies, Coupon - thats what i got from the letter to be honest, i just thought the rest was embarrassing on their behalf, they should have just said sorry you have been treated this way and not been giving your right to appeal, we have contacted UKPC regarding this to see as to why and the we will take relevant action and be in touch shorty, would have atleast made them sound 10x better in my opinion

I think i may just write to David and say that!!

I also wrote to the landowner to inform them and see if i can get it cancelled that way.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 62,485 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    be in touch shorty, would have at least made them sound 10x better in my opinion
    A bit rude to the vertically challenged, though!

• hineyb
    • By hineyb 14th Jul 17, 5:10 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    A bit rude to the vertically challenged, though!

Originally posted by Coupon-mad

Hahaha i like that!
    • hineyb
    • By hineyb 16th Jul 17, 8:41 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    hineyb
    Hi guys

Just received the 2nd one of these?

Plan = Carry on ignoring and wait for BPA?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,193Posts Today

9,616Users online

Martin's Twitter