Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • golfloverv6
    • By golfloverv6 27th Jun 17, 8:14 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    golfloverv6
    Mortgages for people with bad credit
    • 27th Jun 17, 8:14 AM
    Mortgages for people with bad credit 27th Jun 17 at 8:14 AM
    Hi all,

We are first time buyer look for a mortgages of £50,000 to buy our council house which we have lived in for 10 years.

Our credit score is not good but we in the process so paying off all of are debts, which total £2500, we now have the income to repay our debts and buy our home, as I was made jobless after the charity I work at suddenly closed down.

Are there any mortgages lenders which could help us?
Page 1
    • Jemima09
    • By Jemima09 27th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Jemima09
    • 27th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 27th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    I had a few old (satisfied) defaults when I got my mortgage 2 years ago. I ended up with Aldermore, they have a good policy on debts as long as they're over a certain age. Mine were all actually paid off though so I don't know where you stand with some still being active. Worth seeing a broker as they'll have more info on which options would be available.
    Debt Free and Very Very Proud! - DMP mutual support member 315
    Debts at May 09 (LBM) £20,675 : Dec 13 £ZERO!!

My next challenge is to tackle the other pounds.. 70lb to lose
    Joined SW Jan 15 : 51 / 70 lost
    • ACG
    • By ACG 27th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 15,404 Posts
    • 7,787 Thanks
    ACG
    • 27th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 27th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    I dot think Aldermore do Right to buy - unless their policy has changed.

There is not really enough information to go off, ignore your credit score. The important bit is the information in your credit report (ie what payments have you missed, how many, when etc). It would be worthwhile getting your credit report in to a Mortgage broker to take a look for you.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Chrissy4761
    • By Chrissy4761 17th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Chrissy4761
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    Bad Credit Mortgages
    • 17th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    I have out grown my home which l brought in 2010 an av had 3 children. I'm in need of a 3 bedroomed house also my credit score is low. Who can l go to, to get a mortgage for a new house. I feel your pain it is stressful trying to find someone
    • zx81
    • By zx81 17th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 13,192 Posts
    • 13,509 Thanks
    zx81
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:07 PM
    I'm in need of a 3 bedroomed house also my credit score is low.
    Originally posted by Chrissy4761
    The second point has no bearing on the first. Or anything else.

What is on your credit files?
    • CD*
    • By CD* 17th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CD*
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    Yes.

Find yourself a good whole of market Mortgage Broker.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

1,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin