Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kellyp
    • By kellyp 26th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    • 132Posts
    • 24Thanks
    kellyp
    Suddenly can't get yahoo mail on iPhone
    • 26th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    Suddenly can't get yahoo mail on iPhone 26th Jun 17 at 9:44 PM
    I need help!

My phone and iPad have suddenly just decided to stop getting mail from my yahoo account. I can send mail but cannot receive anything. I've tried deleting my account and reinstalling and also rebooting the phone but to no avail. Any ideas anyone?!

Not getting any error messages. Seems to take ages for it to do "checking for mail". Almost like it doesn't finish the job. Odd it's effecting more than one device. I can receive emails via the yahoo mail app just not the iPhone app - been working fine for last 5 years!

Thanks
    Last edited by kellyp; 26-06-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Page 1
    • emptybox
    • By emptybox 27th Jun 17, 12:49 AM
    • 274 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    emptybox
    • 27th Jun 17, 12:49 AM
    • 27th Jun 17, 12:49 AM
    You may well need to go to your account info via the Yahoo webpage and set up special "app passwords" for your iphone and ipad apps.
    It's under your username>Account info>Account security>Manage app passwords

They are usually in the format of groups of characters separated by spaces.
    You then have to go back to the app and use that password rather then your Yahoo password.

I'd set up one of these passwords for the Android Mail app, but yesterday it stopped working, so I had to go back and generate a new password, which worked.

Worth a try anyway.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 10th Jul 17, 1:34 AM
    • 15,296 Posts
    • 38,398 Thanks
    elsien
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:34 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:34 AM
    I'm having this problem as well, and have managed to get an app password, however it tells me to go into my iphone settings for mail, Tap "Account" to update your account info then copy the app password above and paste it into the password field.
    Which would be fine except when I go into the account information page there isn't a password field unless I'm missing the bleeding obvious. (Iphone 5)
    Help!
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

347Posts Today

4,813Users online

Martin's Twitter