Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coodums
    • By Coodums 26th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Coodums
    TOTO Energy Company
    • 26th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    TOTO Energy Company 26th Jun 17 at 8:46 PM
    This is the worst company I have ever had dealings with. They rip you off and their customer service is appalling. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM!
Page 1
    • daryah
    • By daryah 29th Aug 17, 11:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    daryah
    • 29th Aug 17, 11:15 AM
    Frauds?
    • 29th Aug 17, 11:15 AM
    There is definitely something fishy going on here...

They came up as a result in moneysupermarket comparisons but NOT uswitch - does moneysupermarket actually vet its suppliers?
    They have a very good rating on Trustpilot (7.8), but I noticed the reviews were split between 5 stars and 1 stars - fake reviews?
    They claim they can take over my SSE smart meter as it is "SECURE branded", or they can install their own smart meter. My meter is branded Elster and SECURE are not a brand based on some googling I did . Been told by SSE that my (SMETS2) meter needs to be (software) upgraded to be compatible with (DCC) core network before other suppliers can actually use the same meter - timeline unknown and/or unreliable.

They are a very new company established late 2016.
    Has anyone used these guys and had their smart meter taken over or had a meter installed by them?

For me, they are far too new to get into a 12 month contract, but now I am also questioning the other websites (above) they have affiliated themselves with...
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 29th Aug 17, 12:01 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:01 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:01 PM

They came up as a result in moneysupermarket comparisons but NOT uswitch - does moneysupermarket actually vet its suppliers?
    They have a very good rating on Trustpilot (7.8), but I noticed the reviews were split between 5 stars and 1 stars - fake reviews?
    They claim they can take over my SSE smart meter as it is "SECURE branded", or they can install their own smart meter. My meter is branded Elster and SECURE are not a brand based on some googling I did . Been told by SSE that my (SMETS2) meter needs to be (software) upgraded to be compatible with (DCC) core network before other suppliers can actually use the same meter - timeline unknown and/or unreliable.

They are a very new company established late 2016.
    Has anyone used these guys and had their smart meter taken over or had a meter installed by them?

For me, they are far too new to get into a 12 month contract, but now I am also questioning the other websites (above) they have affiliated themselves with...
    Originally posted by daryah
    Doubt that you have a SMETS2 Smart Meter, could be the SSE person you spoke too was clueless. What Toto meant , AFAIK, is that if your Smart meter was Secure brand they can do a COS Gain and it will carry on working, but as it appears not to be they'd need to instal a new smart meter if you wanted a Smart meter with Toto.

By the way my Googling must be better than yours

http://www.securemeters.com/index.php/global/
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 29th Aug 17, 12:03 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:03 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:03 PM
    This is the worst company I have ever had dealings with. They rip you off and their customer service is appalling. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM!
    Originally posted by Coodums
    Strong words but what is the evidence to back up your claim? It would help others thinking of switching to this supplier.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 29th Aug 17, 12:09 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:09 PM
    • 29th Aug 17, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by daryah
    As a rule, Price Comparison Websites (PCW) do not 'vet' suppliers. They do not have the resources or knowledge to do so. They are nothing more than a referral site: no PCW has links to any supplier. When you transfer to XXXEnergy, it becomes your supplier and, I am afraid, your problem if things go wrong.

For collective switches, I am sure that some due diligence goes on before the deal is offered. For example, does the winning supplier have enough CS resources etc to manage a large influx of customers? Even then, when things go wrong, switchers are very much on their own.
    • The Bairns
    • By The Bairns 17th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    The Bairns
    • 17th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    TOTO Energy
    • 17th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    I have just switched to TOTO.
    My finding so far is that their communication is certainly not at all efficient or business like.
    And I would go as far as saying it is certainly verging on being totally incompetent.
    Failure to respond to several emails and phone calls that I deemed as needing fairly prompt action.
    My wording to them could not have been any stronger without actually swearing.
    Let's see how they go for a wee while and then I may take stronger measures.
    • Michaelw
    • By Michaelw 18th Oct 17, 3:32 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Michaelw
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:32 AM
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:32 AM
    I had contact problems.The phone wasn't answered or someone rang six hours later or not at all.I didnt have any problems with the card/key prepayment which arrived on time.

There is mention on the web about companies that start up with teething problems so that could be because of the customer sevice finding its feet.They were cheap at the time but being relient on what can be problamatic outdoor gas meter I felt it would be best stay with one of the bigger companies.
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    • 23rd Nov 17, 11:46 AM
    Introducing TOTO!
    • 23rd Nov 17, 11:46 AM
    Hello,

We at TOTO work hard to provide the best possible experience for all our customers. We're a fast growing company that prides itself on providing industry leading customer service and experience.

To keep on improving, we need the help of all our customers. We understand we don’t always get it right but are committed to continuously improve the level of service we provide.

We're currently fitting 10% of all the Smart Meters in the UK. Our ambition is to provide smart energy at smart prices through a simple switching experience. We're working hard to change and improve the way we look after our customers which we can only do with your help and feedback.

Our online Help & Support has the answers to a lot of questions you may have. Contact us via Livechat, Webform, Facebook, e-mail or call us on 03332107070.

Should you want to make a complaint, e-mail us at Complaints@totoenergy.com, we’re always happy to help.

Thanks,

Jack – TOTO Customer Care Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 23rd Nov 17, 11:58 AM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 23rd Nov 17, 11:58 AM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 11:58 AM

We're currently fitting 10% of all the Smart Meters in the UK.
    Originally posted by Jack - TOTO energy
    Am I reading this correctly, there are 50 plus energy suppliers in the market - all of whom have to fit smart meters by 2020 - and you are claiming that Toto is fitting 10% of them? Where is the evidence for this claim? Are they SMETS 1 or SMETS 2 meters that you are fitting?
    • Bark01
    • By Bark01 23rd Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    Bark01
    Am I reading this correctly, there are 50 plus energy suppliers in the market - all of whom have to fit smart meters by 2020 - and you are claiming that Toto is fitting 10% of them? Where is the evidence for this claim? Are they SMETS 1 or SMETS 2 meters that you are fitting?
    Originally posted by Hengus
    I was about to post something similar on the other Toto thread. Over 1 million smart meters are being installed per quarter at the moment.

I very much doubt Toto has the capacity to install 100k meters per quarter (or the customer numbers to do it). Unless they are also a third party meter install company and are installing meters for other suppliers.

Wow... Just read their google reviews, they sound like a terrible company to do business with.
    Last edited by Bark01; 23-11-2017 at 4:20 PM.
    • mr_accountant
    • By mr_accountant 23rd Nov 17, 9:27 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    mr_accountant
    I was about to post something similar on the other Toto thread. Over 1 million smart meters are being installed per quarter at the moment.

I very much doubt Toto has the capacity to install 100k meters per quarter (or the customer numbers to do it). Unless they are also a third party meter install company and are installing meters for other suppliers.

Wow... Just read their google reviews, they sound like a terrible company to do business with.
    Originally posted by Bark01
    as a 'customer' i can confirm yes they are terrible, 90 minute call waiting times, never respond to emails, incorrect bills despite sending monthly readings, website is hopeless, total lack of customer service, thats why im leaving, not to save much money but the CS is appalling, i would say unacceptable, 1 bill in 6months thats after leaving a 1 star review on trustpilot, the bill they did send was wrong, sums them up. lots of other (small) problems but i cant be bothered to write a dissertation this evening

i cant wait to see the final bill they will make a mess of that as well
    Last edited by mr_accountant; 23-11-2017 at 9:30 PM.
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Hello Hengus,

We are currently fitting SMETS 1 meters into our customer's homes. This 10% statistic was provided by Main Industry Bodies in a presentation shared with TOTO.

Hope this helps!
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • jammeister
    • By jammeister 29th Nov 17, 11:09 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    jammeister
    Beyond useless / utterly hopeless
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.
  • Jack - TOTO energy
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.
    Originally posted by jammeister
    We're sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with TOTO.

We understand that we haven't provide you with the customer service you deserve and that is unacceptable. If you could provide me with details privately I will investigate your account personally and ensure communication is consistent!

Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into account to continuously try to improve the level of customer service we provide.
    Verified Company
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,134Users online

Martin's Twitter