Debate House Prices

Since the Forum relaunch, in order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

The Nice People Thread, No.16: A Universe of Niceness.

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    She probably thought that if you're going to butter up that cucumber for some "single man time out" ...you might've wished to have chosen something a little alcoholic :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    I'm too young to hear this! :rotfl:

And CK, what with buttered cucumbers and coke, I'm seriously starting to worry about you! :eek:
    :rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,046
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Pyxis wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I'm too young to hear this! :rotfl:

And CK, what with buttered cucumbers and coke, I'm seriously starting to worry about you! :eek:
    :rotfl:

There are no buttered cucumbers, the butter is in a box and the cucumber is separate, so the only issue is Pastures' mind. I'd expect this from some here, but not PN ;):D

The cola is this, it tastes actually a lot like Pepsi but is 42p a bottle, not about £1.50.
    💙💛 💔
  • Pyxis
    Forumite
    edited 29 June 2017 at 6:50PM
    CKhalvashi wrote: »
    There are no buttered cucumbers, the butter is in a box and the cucumber is separate, so the only issue is Pastures' mind. I'd expect this from some here, but not PN ;):D

The cola is this, it tastes actually a lot like Pepsi but is 42p a bottle, not about £1.50.

It must be that seagull! :D
    It must have hypnotised Pastures!
    And all that walking the plank!
    Enough to send anyone into cucumber fantasy-land!

Do you reckon Cumberbatch was originally cucumber-patch?

500lolcukes.jpg
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,046
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I can't find anything to replace my love of P Max.... and I don't buy bottles as they flatten so easily. I'm also not sure if a 2l bottle will fit in my fridge door (not quite wide enough) .... but next time I'm in there and remember I'll try it!

I currently restrict how much PMax I buy because it's not a cheap drink, even though I only buy it at "lowest prices"... e.g. 4 330ml cans £1 today.

If it does the job .... I could afford to always have fizzy pop in the house :)

If I were you, I'd give it a go at that price.

The worst that can happen is you don't like it, however the best is that you've saved a lot of money in the long run.

I get through a bottle every 3-4 days, so just bought 2 for the week as I forgot on Monday.
    💙💛 💔
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 29 June 2017 at 8:20PM
    My room is a through lounge which basically means that the wall between the lounge and dining room has been removed though not by us it was like it when we bought the house. We have added a conservatory that replaced the lean to thingy that was falling down when we bought the house and continued to fall down slowly for the next 20 year until we at last got a round tuit. The dining room end is full of musical instruments all piled up which are overflow from upstairs or waiting to be serviced or donated. You can see the floor in places.

Time for a trumpet joke. I like to have the odd change from violas.

Q What is the difference between a trumpet and a cornet. ( For indication of size of cornet think Brassed Off)

A You can get more washing in a trumpet case.
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,389
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    D
    Random question .... my living room doesn't look very big to me .... but it's full of mismatched furniture bits and a general detritus of clutter and general items that I might/sometimes use daily (e.g. 3 pairs of shoes and some wellies, my shopping bags, the last 6 books I held in my hand, correspondence I need to deal with) .... you know ....the "homely clutter" of somebody who doesn't "tidy up" as nothing's actually got a "proper place" for it to live in.... might as well leave things out as continually faff around tucking everything away in its spot.

How big is your living room/space (excluding the kitchen end bit if you're open plan)? How much floorspace do you actually have in your 1-3 living rooms?

I'm kind of trying to gauge whether mine's large/small/average .... and, once I've knocked a wall down, whether it'll be large/small/average.

On paper I'd say mine is currently "large" and will become "massive" ... so what've you got?

I'd say currently on the large side of average :)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Nikkster wrote: »
    I'd say on the large side of average :)

YOU missus .... are definitely coming to stay next year....
    Definitely.

No work duties. Just sand and chips.

Unless you really don't want to/can't, of course.... I'd not wish you to feel "forced" and backed into a corner.
  • Nikkster
    Forumite
    YOU missus .... are definitely coming to stay next year....
    Definitely.

No work duties. Just sand and chips.

Unless you really don't want to/can't, of course.... I'd not wish you to feel "forced" and backed into a corner.

And salty sea dogs?? :D Actually, I'm kind of tenmpted to come down this year... I maybe need a couple of days away. And I can bring my own sleeping arrangements ;) And working for someone else is alway's easier than doing your own work!
  • Pyxis
    Forumite
    edited 30 June 2017 at 5:45AM
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    My room is a through lounge which basically means that the wall between the lounge and dining room has been removed though not by us it was like it when we bought the house. We have added a conservatory that replaced the lean to thingy that was falling down when we bought the house and continued to fall down slowly for the next 20 year until we at last got a round tuit. The dining room end is full of musical instruments all piled up which are overflow from upstairs or waiting to be serviced or donated. You can see the floor in places.

(Part deleted).

I do like your musical instrument jokes! :D
    Have you got any clarinet jokes?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Nikkster
    Forumite
    House is chocca full of clutter.... but if you can accept it's a doss-house of hoarder clutter you're welcome to a spot. I've a "good campbed" you can use (somebody bought it, used it once, then gave it to me as they're a serial buyer of stuff they don't actually need).

I can move a lot of the clutter into my room ... I've been accumulating "stuff that might come in handy" and random large finds - and lobbing them into the front room, which still doesn't have any actual curtains :)

My house looks like something from a documentry. And I'm not taliking Grand Designs :eek::eek::eek: Would be great to see your again too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure