Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 63Posts
    • 17Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure 24th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,

Since the previous thread is full of posters requesting personal details to be sent over the PM system I thought that this really warrants a new thread.

The much-loved refer a friend incentive at Nationwide has had a had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. You still get £200 - thats £100 for the new customer and £100 for the current customer but the way in which you are referred is completely different. It still works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (such as myself) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

Please PM me for a unique and valid referral link
    UPDATE (6/1/2018): I have 5 fresh valid referral links ready to go out.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Last edited by jraf; 06-01-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Page 7
    • hgt
    • By hgt 4th Jan 18, 5:39 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    hgt
    A quick question please, if anyone knows...

I am already a Nationwide current account holder (sole name) and have already taken advantage of the referral offer as I got somebody to refer me when I opened the account a few years back.

I want to open a joint FlexPlus account with my girlfriend, she is not a Nationwide customer and never has been.

Would I be able to refer her to Nationwide and get her to open a FlexPlus in her sole name (and switch from a previous account etc). Then once we both got the referral bonus, could we then submit the form to get the account changed from sole to joint?

Many thanks in advance!
    • toddy111
    • By toddy111 4th Jan 18, 11:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    toddy111
    EDIT: I have now received a link so please don't message me one. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------

Hi. I inboxed a user in this thread and asked for a referral code but they have been unable to obtain one.

Please could someone send me one?

I will use the code of the first person to send me the link regardless of contribution level etc. - I.e. First come, first served.

Thanks

---------------------------------------
    Last edited by toddy111; 05-01-2018 at 12:21 AM.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 4th Jan 18, 11:55 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    darren72
    Hi. I inboxed a user in this thread and asked for a referral code but they have been unable to obtain one.

Please could someone send me one?

I will use the code of the first person to send me the link regardless of contribution level etc. - I.e. First come, first served.

Thanks
    Originally posted by toddy111
    PM sent!

Thanks
    • cfw1994
    • By cfw1994 5th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    cfw1994
    How flippin' useless are Nationwide in doing this sort of thing?

Wanted to help my sister out (who has been royally shafted for too long by Lloyds!).
    Got the refer-a-friend code on 25th Oct. Of course she was slow to move, but went in today to let the branch help her switch....and the code apparently failed. Lady in the branch could not see why.
    social media team offered to call me....left me hanging for 30 minutes (despite saying "is now a good time to call"!), then said if they sent a request, it would take 5 days - a new code should only take 2 for ME to generate!

I've requested a new code and we will try again, but if they cannot get that right I am a little nervous at recommending Nationwide to her: will the switch itself really work and be done in a week, will we discover other issues with them.....I've only used them as a subsidiary account, not a main one.

Ho hum. First World Problems, I guess!
    • xcelchik9
    • By xcelchik9 5th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    xcelchik9
    Refer a friend - link request
    EDIT: I've received a link, thanks everyone!

Hi everyone,

Could someone please PM a link for the Refer a friend program for the Nationwide Flexdirect account?

I will use the first link that arrives, thank you!

Natalia
    Last edited by xcelchik9; 17-01-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 5th Jan 18, 7:45 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    darren72
    Hi everyone,

Could someone please PM a link for the Refer a friend program for the Nationwide Flexdirect account?

I will use the first link that arrives, thank you!

Natalia
    Originally posted by xcelchik9
    PM Sent!

Thanks
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 7th Jan 18, 3:05 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Netherspark
    I recently joined Nationwide via someone's code and I have a fresh batch of referral links to give out.

PM me or reply here and I'll gladly send you a link.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 07-01-2018 at 3:15 AM.
    • Adam_G2
    • By Adam_G2 8th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adam_G2
    Hi Guys, I've got 5 Referrals ready, drop me a PM if you want one I'll zip it straight over!

Thanks, Adam
    • benrpatterson
    • By benrpatterson 9th Jan 18, 9:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    benrpatterson
    Hi all, I've also just made the switch via a referral from here.

One of the easiest switches I've done I'd say.

If like me you've exhausted all the other bank switches, then this is the next one for you!

Please PM if you'd like a referral

Thanks
    Ben
    • slackda
    • By slackda 10th Jan 18, 7:12 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    slackda
    Can any one hook me up with a referral link?
    • darren72
    • By darren72 10th Jan 18, 7:18 PM
    • 1,091 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    darren72
    Can any one hook me up with a referral link?
    Originally posted by slackda
    PM Sent!

Thanks
    • littlesheepy
    • By littlesheepy 10th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    littlesheepy
    When you send someone a referral link, is there a way of doing via pm instead of forwarding the actual nationwide email to an email address please?
    Wins 2014 - LG 42" TV, Surround sound system, Stark infantry shield, 12 months Sky TV package
    • benrpatterson
    • By benrpatterson 10th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    benrpatterson
    Well...
    Hi there, you could just copy and paste the contents of the email into a PM.

If the link doesnít convert correctly, just right click on the link and chose Copy Link and paste that into the PM!

Good luck
    • littlesheepy
    • By littlesheepy 10th Jan 18, 8:21 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    littlesheepy
    Hi there, you could just copy and paste the contents of the email into a PM.

If the link doesnít convert correctly, just right click on the link and chose Copy Link and paste that into the PM!

Good luck
    Originally posted by benrpatterson
    Brill, thank you
    Wins 2014 - LG 42" TV, Surround sound system, Stark infantry shield, 12 months Sky TV package
    • MAinline421
    • By MAinline421 10th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MAinline421
    Long time 'lurker', first time poster. I have 5 free referral links available for anyone interested, PM me. I will respond quickly. (I'd recommend Nationwide anyway as they're a building society rather than a bank).
    Last edited by MAinline421; 11-01-2018 at 1:24 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,819Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin