Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 58Posts
    • 16Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure 24th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,

Since the previous thread is full of posters requesting personal details to be sent over the PM system I thought that this really warrants a new thread.

The much-loved refer a friend incentive at Nationwide has had a had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. You still get £200 - thats £100 for the new customer and £100 for the current customer but the way in which you are referred is completely different. It still works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (such as myself) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

Please PM me for a unique and valid referral link
    UPDATE (21/10/2017): I have 10 fresh valid referral links ready to go out.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Last edited by jraf; 20-10-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Page 6
    • muryn
    • By muryn 23rd Nov 17, 10:49 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    muryn
    £100 referral to anyone who wants to SWITCH to nationwide
    I just opened my account via switch/recommendation service and it's DEAD easy!

Got my £100 so can you - message me for the link (link includes the code and that's all you need) - I don't need any of your personal details!!!

I opened the FLEXDIRECT (free of charge) account which offers the best interest on the market (5%) but you can open flexPLUS (£13 p/m) which offers some nice extra benefits

Regards
    M

Info:
    1. Switch a current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account using their full switching service. (This will close your old account)
    2. Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    3. Not close the account for 3 months
    • ajenkinson
    • By ajenkinson 25th Nov 17, 5:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ajenkinson
    Referral for £100 each
    Hi
    A new offer being referred to Nationwide

If i refer you, you will earn £100 by switching your account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account.
    You will receive the £100 within 30 days of a successful switch.

Once I refer you, within 90 days you must
    Switch a current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account using their full switching service. (This will close your old account)
    You must transfer at least 2 direct debits
    You cannot close the account for 3 months

HOW IT WORKS
    I recieve a referal link from Nationwide which I then sne dto you and you complete the switch as stated in the information above.

If you would like me to refer you so that you can get £100 switch bonus then send me a PM.

PS I am a student and this would help me out massively
    • bloggs19
    • By bloggs19 26th Nov 17, 10:03 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bloggs19
    Referral for £100 each - just in time for the new year!
    I've held a Nationwide Flex Direct Current Account for just over a year and originally found the switching service to be a breeze. Further, the FlexDirect Account netted me 5% interest on £2500 for 12 months, although they are reducing the interest rate in January 2018.

I am able to generate a referral link for anyone interested.

Here's how it works:
    • Switch one of your current accounts to a Nationwide FlexPlus, FlexDirect or FlexAccount current account.
    • 2 active Direct Debits must be switched over.
    • The switch must be completed within 90 days of the referral link being generated.
    • And you cannot close the account for 3 months.

Once the switch has been completed, the money will be credited within 30 days.

Just PM for a link and I will happily provide!
    • gazza85
    • By gazza85 6th Dec 17, 12:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gazza85
    Nationwide Refer a Friend - £100
    Hi,

If you'd like me to refer you for the £100 switch bonus please send me a PM.

You will need to;
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months
    • benrpatterson
    • By benrpatterson 6th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    benrpatterson
    Yes Please
    Hi Gazza, it would not let me PM you. Can you PM me please? Thanks
    • n743
    • By n743 8th Dec 17, 2:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    n743
    Hello! I will refer anyone so inclined. I will send you a fresh link so that you have the full three months to sort it out.
    • magicmat
    • By magicmat 13th Dec 17, 12:41 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    magicmat
    Does anybody know... I had a Flex direct account 2 years ago. If I get a referral to a Nationwide FlexPlus account, would we get the £100 bonus?
    • littlesheepy
    • By littlesheepy 13th Dec 17, 4:16 AM
    • 505 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    littlesheepy
    Does anybody know... I had a Flex direct account 2 years ago. If I get a referral to a Nationwide FlexPlus account, would we get the £100 bonus?
    Originally posted by magicmat
    The only thing I can see in the terms and conditions is relating to if you'd received money for switching before "11. The recommended friend is entitled to only one payment even if they switch more than one account to us or if more than one recommender recommends them.".
    Or this
    "Can I recommend someone who already has a Nationwide current account? - Yes, you can. If theyíre using a non-Nationwide current account for things like Direct Debits or salary payments, but they have a FlexAccount, FlexPlus or FlexDirect current account with us, they need to complete a full Current Account Switch. They'll also need to transfer at least two Direct Debits across as part of the switch to qualify for the offer. See the terms and conditions for more details."
    Wins 2014 - LG 42" TV, Surround sound system, Stark infantry shield, 12 months Sky TV package
    • blindman
    • By blindman 13th Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    • 4,989 Posts
    • 4,022 Thanks
    blindman
    Originally posted by magicmat
    Yes, because even if you have had\hold a Nationwide account so long as you switch another non Nationwide into it or a new Nationwide account it still qualifies.

Mrs B switched her non Nationwide account into her existing one and she got the £100

Happy to refer, just PM me...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,510Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter