Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 51Posts
    • 13Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure 24th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,

Since the previous thread is full of posters requesting personal details to be sent over the PM system I thought that this really warrants a new thread.

The much-loved refer a friend incentive at Nationwide has had a had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. You still get £200 - thats £100 for the new customer and £100 for the current customer but the way in which you are referred is completely different. It still works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (such as myself) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

Please PM me for a unique and valid referral link
    UPDATE (21/10/2017): I have 10 fresh valid referral links ready to go out.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Last edited by jraf; 20-10-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Page 4
    • Bivley
    • By Bivley 26th Sep 17, 12:42 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    Bivley
    If you would like to take advantage of the £100 Nationwide current account switch offer, I have 5 referral links/codes all set up and ready to be used sitting in my inbox. Simply PM me and I will get one to you in an instance!
    Last edited by Bivley; 21-10-2017 at 1:50 PM.
    • david78
    • By david78 26th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 583 Thanks
    david78
    I also have a referral link available. Private Message (PM) me if you would like to use it it. The incentive for you is a free £100. I would get £100 too.
    Last edited by david78; 27-09-2017 at 7:30 AM.
    • JT1000
    • By JT1000 29th Sep 17, 10:33 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    JT1000
    I have a referral link available for the nationwide switch incentive. Send me a Private Message if you would like to use it.
    • DIYhelp76
    • By DIYhelp76 29th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DIYhelp76
    Hello,

Please consider using my referral link if you plan to open a Nationwide account. We would each earn £100 on a successful account opening.

Please send me a private message if interested.
    • deutsch
    • By deutsch 29th Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    deutsch
    You will receive the £100 within 30 days of a successful switch.
    Originally posted by littlesheepy
    I used littlesheepy's referral and we're both due to get £100!

Now that I've joined the club, I have 5 referrals waiting to be taken.

Private message me please and I will share with you my referral link. Thanks and muchly appreciated for reading this / choosing me.
    • Cotta
    • By Cotta 30th Sep 17, 1:35 AM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 979 Thanks
    Cotta
    I would love to refer someone to Nationwide, if interested please pm me.
    • Tom Brine
    • By Tom Brine 3rd Oct 17, 10:55 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Tom Brine
    Not wanting to swamp the page but I have three refferals left for this year.

If someone would like to switch to Nationwide and earn them selves £100 in doing so pm me and Ill arrange to get the link emailed across.

Thanks
    • debtorwithaquestion
    • By debtorwithaquestion 10th Oct 17, 1:21 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    debtorwithaquestion
    Hey all,

I have 5 referrals to give as I’ve not referred anyone yet

PM me if you want me to refer you
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 10th Oct 17, 2:32 PM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,364 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I also have 4 referrals to give if anyone is interested

Thank you x
    DFW £1388.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £511.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    • Kiran801
    • By Kiran801 11th Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kiran801
    I have 5 referrals left if anyone is interested.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 12th Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    • 1,027 Posts
    • 586 Thanks
    nic_c
    If anyone wants a referral link for £100 to switch to Nationwide, please PM me.

Information & FAQ at: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Remember: when considering using a referral link please support regular contributors here If not me, there are others here who are also regular posters that you can use, thank you.

I have generated 1 link that expires 10 Jan 2018a new link that expires 15th Jan 2018, as my first has been used. Once that is used or expires I will generate another. Excluding any holidays, I am usually on MSE daily so should reply to any PM (personal message) within 24 hrs. To send me a PM simply select the option when clicking on my username to the left of this post.

Please note you will need 2 Direct Debits that you need to transfer. Cashback is paid after 30 days and the account needs to be kept open for 3 months otherwise it may be clawed back.
    Last edited by nic_c; 20-10-2017 at 7:22 PM.
    • jadejie
    • By jadejie 13th Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    jadejie
    Got 5 referral left. PM me if you need any. thanks.
    • Technoholic
    • By Technoholic 15th Oct 17, 6:21 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Technoholic
    Anyone who needs a referral please let me know, got a full set available
    • philgee
    • By philgee 16th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    • 1,237 Posts
    • 35,401 Thanks
    philgee
    Hi,

If you're thinking of joining Nationwide and opening a current account, I'd be very grateful if you would consider using my referral - we'll get £100 each, subject to the t&c's being met.

Please PM me and I'll send you the link and code to use. I have 5 available currently and I'll remove this post when they have gone.

Thanks

Phil
    • Elljay
    • By Elljay 17th Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 571 Posts
    • 744 Thanks
    Elljay
    Hello

I have a number of friend referral links available to anyone wanting to switch their current account to Nationwide (FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus only).
    If you would like to use one of the links, we should each get a £100 switch bonus within 30 days of a successful switch.

You need to do the following within 90 days of the date the referral link was issued:
    - switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service (this is very easy but will close your old account);
    - transfer at least 2 direct debits.
    You also need to keep the account for at least 3 months (otherwise Nationwide can reclaim the payment).

I can also highly recommend Nationwide as a bank. I've been a very happy customer for many years!

PM me if you are interested.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 22nd Oct 17, 9:44 PM
    • 4,128 Posts
    • 1,263 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    Hi,

I've got five £100 referral links available for anyone opening/switching to a FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus account with 2 direct debits.

Just private message me for more info!
    • christiem94
    • By christiem94 23rd Oct 17, 9:29 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    christiem94
    I've never done one of these before but I have a referral link ready to use, so private message me if you would like to give it a go!
    • HungryHippo42
    • By HungryHippo42 24th Oct 17, 2:25 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HungryHippo42
    Hi, I am currently raising money for a volunteering project. I am with nationwide and still have recommendations to use so if you are interested message me and we can each get £100.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,542Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin