Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jraf
    • By jraf 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 49Posts
    • 13Thanks
    jraf
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Nationwide Refer a friend and receive £200 new referral procedure 24th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,

Since the previous thread is full of posters requesting personal details to be sent over the PM system I thought that this really warrants a new thread.

The much-loved refer a friend incentive at Nationwide has had a had a complete overhaul at Nationwide. You still get £200 - thats £100 for the new customer and £100 for the current customer but the way in which you are referred is completely different. It still works and on existing and new customer who has not been recommended previously. Only available on FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus Account. Cash Card and FlexOne account holders are not eligible for this offer.

Full details here http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Terms and conditions http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions

You need to:
    Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

Previously, account holders needed to fill in a form with their friend's full name, date of birth and email address. Under the new system, account holders simply need to request a unique referral link at the time of referring to send to the person they wish to recommend. This link will be valid for 90 days for one friend only. Nationwide will generate the link in 1-2 working days. If you want to be referred now, simply PM a Nationwide customer (such as myself) and request a referral link. No personal details are required! I think this will make some people more comfortable being referred by a stranger online. I'm sure we will all learn more about the process as we start using it. I requested my first link yesterday so I'll report back once I've been through the complete procedure.

Please PM me for a unique and valid referral link
    UPDATE (29/7/2017): I currently have 2 valid referral links ready to go out.
    First come, first serve.

See below for more details:
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/landing-page/recommend-a-friend

Last edited by jraf; 29-07-2017 at 6:12 PM.
Page 3
    • Restlesshair
    • By Restlesshair 30th Aug 17, 6:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Restlesshair
    Hello!

Offering the same as the above. £100 for you and me.

Message me if you want a referral :-)

Jules
    • cuthbertlilly
    • By cuthbertlilly 3rd Sep 17, 9:19 AM
    • 724 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    cuthbertlilly
    Good morning all,
    I'm offering a Nationwide referral, 100 each as above. PM me for a referral.

Cuthbert
    • tentonine
    • By tentonine 6th Sep 17, 10:27 AM
    • 269 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    tentonine
    I also have referrals available for a £100 bonus when you switch to a Nationwide current account, under the same conditions as others mentioned here.

I have several available for this year, as I can make this offer on behalf of relatives too.

Please send me a private message for a referral link.
    Last edited by tentonine; 06-09-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Removal of extra offer (not allowed)
    • blindman
    • By blindman 6th Sep 17, 11:04 AM
    • 4,961 Posts
    • 3,999 Thanks
    blindman
    As a bonus, I will send you £12.50 extra when I have received my money from Nationwide. I can pay by your choice of Paypal or UK bank transfer. Please send me a private message to take advantage of this offer.
    Originally posted by tentonine
    Not allowed
    See Post 2

So I would suggest you edit the post beofre Browntoa comes along and deletes it
    • tentonine
    • By tentonine 6th Sep 17, 11:11 AM
    • 269 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    tentonine
    Thanks blindman - I carefully read the first post and the sticky post for the general rules for referral threads, but didn't notice the extra conditions in post 2.
    Last edited by tentonine; 06-09-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    • dominik_15
    • By dominik_15 8th Sep 17, 1:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dominik_15
    Hello all, if anyone would like a referral link please sand me a message with your e-mail address. 5 available.
    • mutley74
    • By mutley74 8th Sep 17, 2:11 PM
    • 3,680 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    mutley74
    With my referral you will earn £100 by switching your account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account.
    You will receive the £100 within 30 days of a successful switch.

Once referred you need to-within 90 days:-
    Switch a current account to a Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account using their full switching service. (This will close your old account)
    Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    Not close the account for 3 months

If you would like me to refer you so that you can get £100 switch bonus then send me a PM!
    • jamie9090
    • By jamie9090 8th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    jamie9090
    Hi, as above - I am a FlexDirect customer and have referred a friend in the past with no problems.

Here is a referral link:
    https://portal.nationet.com/forms/bespoke/raf/recommended?code=1504-8982-42LO-P9DB-1

You'll need to complete your switch application, then you'll be given a switch code. Enter the code at the link above and we should each get £100 by the 20th of the month following your switch.

Thanks
    Last edited by jamie9090; 11-09-2017 at 3:47 PM.
    • Daopera
    • By Daopera 12th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Daopera
    Hi!

I can also refer you and we'll each get £100

Just message me and I'll send you a link!

Thanks
    • Abbey1991
    • By Abbey1991 14th Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Abbey1991
    I would also be very happy to refer someone! Please PM if interested
    • ckevin
    • By ckevin 15th Sep 17, 5:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckevin
    Hello, I am also happy to make referrals for anyone who are interested in switching to Nationwide. You can earn £100 by switching your account to Nationwide FlexAccount, FlexDirect or a FlexPlus account with my referral link! Please send a PM to me with your email address.
    Last edited by ckevin; 15-09-2017 at 5:25 PM. Reason: Add more details
    • aks220443
    • By aks220443 16th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aks220443
    Nationwide referral
    Hi - Can you send me a Nationwide £200 referral link?
    • Retro_Bunny
    • By Retro_Bunny 19th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Retro_Bunny
    Double your £100 for opening a Nationwide FlexDirect current account.

I'll explain. Firstly I want to open a FlexDirect account myself, and need a referral.
    But, I'm also a Nationwide Mortgage customer, able to make refer-a-friend myself (but obviously can't refer myself)

1. I create a link for you to open a FlexDirect account and we both make £100.
    2. Once your account is open, you do a refer-a-friend for me to open a FlexDirect account and we both make another £100.

Hence £200 for you and £200 for me (for a little bit of work and time).

I can do this twice with two people, as my wife also wants a FlexDirect account. Please pm. Only one left - last chance for £200 as opposed to £100

Please note that this is within the forum rules, as I am not offering any cash top-up or additional incentive to refer someone. Merely offering to refer them, and them to refer me, which is what this thread is about.
    Last edited by Retro_Bunny; 22-09-2017 at 8:18 AM.
    --- Warning: Grumpy Old Man in Training ---
    • armistice
    • By armistice 20th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    armistice
    Just to confirm this worked for me.
    I wanted to post back here to confirm my experience.
    The Nationwide flex direct account offers 5% interest (up-to £2,500), linked 5% regular saver. I had already decided to switch to the account when I discovered this thread.
    Nationwide is unusual in that the only way to receive an account opening bonus is to be referred by an existing account holder.
    I PM'd one of the posters on this thread and received a simple link to click on within a few hours. Clicking the link took me to the application form which was easy to complete and within 10 minutes or so my new account had been setup and the switch from my old account initiated. The whole process was painless and straightforward. In my view, the flex direct account is perfect for me, I'm finally receiving interest on my balance.
    The £100 bonus appeared in my account bang on time on the 20th of the month after my switch completed.
    Overall I can happily recommend the account and service.
    As I'm now an account holder, I can also recommend a friend for the £100 bonus and have a unique link (valid until 18th Dec) to send to the first person to PM me.
    • FairyShazza
    • By FairyShazza 22nd Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 3,010 Thanks
    FairyShazza
    I am happy to do a bulk standard referral for anyone wishing to join Nationwide (I can vouch for them - they are the best bank I've ever been with)

This will work as per the conditions of the offer set by Nationwide (i.e both of us will receive £100)

You need to:
    * Switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service. This includes closure of your old account.
    * Transfer at least 2 direct debits
    * Not close the account for 3 months

If anyone wants me to refer them, I will need your:
    * First name and last name
    * Date of birth (so NW can track the referral)
    * Email address (so I get confirmation of referral which I can forward onto you.)
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    • TuppenceHapenny
    • By TuppenceHapenny 23rd Sep 17, 4:12 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    TuppenceHapenny
    23/09/2017 - Friend referrals available
    Dear all,

I have a number of friend referral links available to anyone wanting to switch their current account to Nationwide (FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus only).
    If you would like to use one of the links, we should each get a £100 switch bonus within 30 days of a successful switch.

You need to do the following within 90 days of the date the referral link was issued:
    - switch a current account to Nationwide using their full switching service (this will close your old account);
    - transfer at least 2 direct debits.
    You also need to keep the account for at least 3 months (otherwise Nationwide can reclaim the payment).

Note that you can switch to an existing Nationwide current account (it doesn't necessarily need to be a new account).

Please PM me and I can send one of the links I have.

UPDATE 25/09/2017 - all my links still available
    Last edited by TuppenceHapenny; Yesterday at 4:45 PM. Reason: Updated information given
    • skater_kat
    • By skater_kat 23rd Sep 17, 4:30 PM
    • 698 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    skater_kat
    nationwide £100 referral
    please PM me for a referral link, just done this myself with no problems. Yay!
    • SavvySaver007
    • By SavvySaver007 23rd Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    SavvySaver007
    Hi all! Quick question on this - grateful if anyone can advise. I have my mortgage with Nationwide and was looking to refer some friends to make some cash. I don't have any current/savings accounts with Nationwide, only my mortgage, so could anyone tell me how I will receive the £100 referral fee? Is there an option for me to input bank details so it can be paid to my account with another bank?

Cheers for any info!
    Target: Pay off mortgage in 2017!
    As at 25.09.17: £13,800/£66,000 left to pay
    Emergency Fund: £1,500/£3,000
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 23rd Sep 17, 10:08 PM
    • 29,400 Posts
    • 17,187 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    grateful if anyone can advise.
    Originally posted by SavvySaver007
    Check out the referral form on their website.
    • KatEgger
    • By KatEgger 23rd Sep 17, 11:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KatEgger
    Please PM me if you would like me to refer you to Nationwide and get your £100.00 switch bonus I have 5 referrals left.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin