Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • manoir
    • By manoir 24th Jun 17, 9:37 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    manoir
    Engagement ring tips
    • 24th Jun 17, 9:37 AM
    Engagement ring tips 24th Jun 17 at 9:37 AM
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get an engagement ring soon and I'm completely overwhelmed with the whole 4 C's and certification and what I'm looking for.

My girlfriend and I have talked about it in the past (we've been together for 6 years so it's come up) and I know she would rather be surprised than go get it with me.

Style wise she likes dainty things, she's quite slim and I know she is not after a huge rock. I'm pretty sure I'm after a solitaire ring and I know she has a preference white gold.

I'm going to go to Hatton Gardens today and I'm afraid that I might not be able to find much with I like with my budget of between £1000-£1750. I don't expect to buy anything just want to have a look today and am not in any rush

Any tips that might help?
Page 2
    • tealady
    • By tealady 11th Jul 17, 5:49 PM
    • 2,701 Posts
    • 3,177 Thanks
    tealady
    Hi
    Why not have a look at on line sites together to get ideas of what she may like. Or pay a visit to the jewellery quarter in Birmingham to see if one can be custom made?
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,331Posts Today

8,300Users online

Martin's Twitter