Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Emilyrob
    • By Emilyrob 24th Jun 17, 9:30 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Emilyrob
    Loan amount has been put in account but I don't know which lender & rates?!
    • 24th Jun 17, 9:30 AM
    Loan amount has been put in account but I don't know which lender & rates?! 24th Jun 17 at 9:30 AM
    Hi, I applied for a handful of personal loan's Monday evening and all were either declined or pending contact for more information. However, on Wednesday the applied for loan amount appeared in my account but I have had no email confirmation, no written confirmation and no calls. The only information the bank can find are these

Description- Jaber Fraraj Jabe

Reference-Family exp*TFR

I have logged into all account created when applying and they all still say declined and I have also checked my credit report and all credit checks made were those of those same companies who declined.

I am too worried about rates and interest to spend the money but can't think of anyway to find out the lender and the rates?? Especially as if they are too high I will have to cancel bur can't if I don't know the company! Please help!!

Thanks
Page 2
    • JJG
    • By JJG 24th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 324 Thanks
    JJG
    Be careful this stinks of a scam. I wouldn't be surprised if you are contacted shortly by someone claiming they transferred an amount in you in error and could you return it by bank transfer. After which the first payment is refunded due fraud. Leaving you £3k out of pocket.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 25th Jun 17, 2:12 PM
    • 8,868 Posts
    • 12,877 Thanks
    meer53
    Report it to your bank as an unrecognised credit. They can deal with it in the same way as a debit.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 26th Jun 17, 9:46 AM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 1,771 Thanks
    Candyapple
    I'd definitely put it aside for now and wait and see.
    Originally posted by fozmcfc
    Bad advice. If it turns out to be a scam, by withdrawing the funds it makes OP look complicit.

Be careful this stinks of a scam. I wouldn't be surprised if you are contacted shortly by someone claiming they transferred an amount in you in error and could you return it by bank transfer. After which the first payment is refunded due fraud. Leaving you £3k out of pocket.
    Originally posted by JJG
    ^^This 100%. Emily you need to tread carefully otherwise if it is a scam, now that you've notified your bank, they may place a CIFAS marker against you for misuse of facility.

What bank do you bank with?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 26th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 1,882 Thanks
    AndyPix
    +1 for this being the beginnings of a scam ..

You will most likely be contacted by somebody asking you to transfer the funds into a different account.
    The same happened to one of my friends, albeit not after plugging his bank details into loads of random sites :/
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • Max Jordan
    • By Max Jordan 27th Jun 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Max Jordan
    get your credit file asap and keep an eye on the new credit agreements when it updates
    • Emilyrob
    • By Emilyrob 5th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Emilyrob
    Thanks for your reply. The money was removed today by barclays because of an aparant mispayment by another barclays customer. The money was in a separate savings account. Barclays transfered it from that and into the current account where they then took the full amount. However because I had spent 450 they took that 450 from an unplanned overdraft which I'm not going to be charged for, although the bank told me previously that it wasn't a mispayment because there's no account details attached to the payment. I really don't agree with how this has been dealt with by the bank but not even sure if there's anything I can do about it.
    • CKhalvashi
    • By CKhalvashi 5th Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    • 8,726 Posts
    • 24,555 Thanks
    CKhalvashi
    Thanks for your reply. The money was removed today by barclays because of an aparant mispayment by another barclays customer. The money was in a separate savings account. Barclays transfered it from that and into the current account where they then took the full amount. However because I had spent 450 they took that 450 from an unplanned overdraft which I'm not going to be charged for, although the bank told me previously that it wasn't a mispayment because there's no account details attached to the payment. I really don't agree with how this has been dealt with by the bank but not even sure if there's anything I can do about it.
    Originally posted by Emilyrob
    The bank have acted completely correctly in this instance.

It looks like it being a family expenses transfer was correct.
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Call me Remainer or Romaniac, but not Remoaner. It's insulting and I have the right to have my voice heard too.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 5th Jul 17, 6:24 PM
    • 1,328 Posts
    • 5,533 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    Originally posted by Emilyrob
    So not what you were advised to do, and indeed said you had done in posts 19 and 20

No, the bank have acted reasonabley, and you always knew the money was not yours
    Downsized and mortgage free
    Oct 17 grocery challenge £130.57/£150
    • thomathy
    • By thomathy 5th Jul 17, 6:37 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    thomathy
    Well done, Barclays.

I bet Jaber is very relieved at the return of his mislaid family expenses transfer. Imagine being on the other side of that typing error, having sent off almost £3,000 to a family member, only to find that it had gone to another account by mistake.

Sounds like good, fast action by the bank to resolve a problem not at all of their making. There is no other possible correct solution, they have done everything right.
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 5th Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    • 1,957 Posts
    • 2,909 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    What do you think the bank ought to do? Let you keep the £450?
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 5th Jul 17, 7:13 PM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    Check if the bank has any Direct Debits or Standing Orders set up. They can be a licence to take money ; but if nothing is live, then you haven't ( yet ) got a loan.

This forum is full of people who will give detailed technical advice, and others who will express great sympathy. It is very difficult to be doing both ; sometimes the analytical half of the brain has to block out the human element of the story.
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 5th Jul 17, 11:25 PM
    • 1,957 Posts
    • 2,909 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    There's others who actually read to the end of the thread before posting.
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 6th Jul 17, 10:34 PM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    To ScorpiondeRooftrouser, I did read the outcome ; I'm preempting the OP getting another "bank error in your favour" deposit, or anyone else finding themselves in the same situation.
    • fozmcfc
    • By fozmcfc 8th Jul 17, 8:30 PM
    • 2,995 Posts
    • 2,182 Thanks
    fozmcfc
    Bad advice. If it turns out to be a scam, by withdrawing the funds it makes OP look complicit.

^^This 100%. Emily you need to tread carefully otherwise if it is a scam, now that you've notified your bank, they may place a CIFAS marker against you for misuse of facility.

What bank do you bank with?
    Originally posted by Candyapple
    Well it would seems, I was correct.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin