Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,141Posts
    • 27,209Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 98
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Oct 17, 12:58 PM
    • 29,659 Posts
    • 108,982 Thanks
    Pyxis
    B&Q and their massive bits of wood
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    They used to have a sawing-up service. Is it still there?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    • 29,659 Posts
    • 108,982 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It was a bloke in an Indian call centre, who claimed to be from our energy supplier and said he needed to confirm a few details before they generate our next bill. Some waffle about our online meter reading submissions not going through correctly. He had all of the company address details and our MPAN number, and just wanted me to give him a meter reading and confirm our meter number...
    I was on the verge of giving it to him when I suddenly thought "that's not right, our energy supplier has it's call centres based in the UK" and hung up.

A bit of googling reveals it's a scam, they trick you in to giving them your meter number and then have all the details they need to change your energy supplier
    Because they sound so genuine you go along with whatever they're telling you and end up in a contract you can't get out of.

I didn't even suspect it was a scam because it didn't occur to me how a scam involving meter numbers would work
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Ooh! Thanks for the tip-off!

Might be worth opening a thread on it, so as to warn others who won't have read this thread.

The moral seems to be, don't believe anything from any phone call whatsoever, however plausible it sounds.
    How depressing, though.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 11th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 50,275 Posts
    • 137,409 Thanks
    colinw
    Women complaining about massive wood...what next
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    • 29,659 Posts
    • 108,982 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by colinw
    Sometimes nice things come in smaller packages.

I mean, a huge great box with a vacuum cleaner in it?

Or a tiny box with a diamond?

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 12,585 Posts
    • 48,130 Thanks
    joansgirl
    They used to have a sawing-up service. Is it still there?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Not in my one

Sometimes nice things come in smaller packages.

I mean, a huge great box with a vacuum cleaner in it?

Or a tiny box with a diamond?

To be honest.....the vacuum cleaner, every time
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 11th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 7,243 Posts
    • 13,267 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Had two calls from two companies. One was asking me do I want a prepayment electricity meter. Why on earth would I want to do that when it costs more?

The other one was for a boiler upgrade. I said I don't have a boiler and ended the call. The same guy rang back mins later calling me a lying b!!ch
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 29,659 Posts
    • 108,982 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Not in my one

To be honest.....the vacuum cleaner, every time
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    There's always one!

And not very MSE........

beacause you could alway sell the diamond and buy three of four vacuums!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 29,659 Posts
    • 108,982 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Had two calls from two companies. One was asking me do I want a prepayment electricity meter. Why on earth would I want to do that when it costs more?

The other one was for a boiler upgrade. I said I don't have a boiler and ended the call. The same guy rang back mins later calling me a lying b!!ch
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble

He really did that?

Massive complaint from you then!

How did he know you weren't in one of those complexes where the heating is included and the boiler is centralised?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Izadora
    • By Izadora 11th Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 4,062 Thanks
    Izadora
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    If there's nothing to make it clear which company is using that number you can find out from the Ofcom website who the range holder is and report it to the Telecoms company which own the number. Give them details of the call and they should then be able to block the number.

:you could alway sell the diamond and buy three of four vacuums!
    Hmmm, it would depend on the size of the diamond and the vacuum you wanted to buy - it'd have to be a pretty big diamond if you wanted three or four Dysons!!

I'm irritated by the fact that I have pretty much no work to do and am so bored that the day is dragging. It feels like it should be at least next Thursday by now!!
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Oct 17, 12:50 AM
    • 26,479 Posts
    • 14,252 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Smokers.
    being annoyed that they can’t inflict it on you indoors they seem to seek out places they can inflict it on as many people as possible, bus stops, doorways etc. I would Like just for once to be able to wait for a bus without smoke being blown in my face. I include the electronic versions as well.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th Oct 17, 6:10 PM
    • 3,473 Posts
    • 2,816 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Smokers.
    being annoyed that they can’t inflict it on you indoors they seem to seek out places they can inflict it on as many people as possible, bus stops, doorways etc. I would Like just for once to be able to wait for a bus without smoke being blown in my face. I include the electronic versions as well.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie

I'm fine with smokers unless its in my face, no problems with ecigs unless its cloud in my face,.

Anyway my annoyance today was I was at butchers this time last week and got a meat pack, they missed out multiple items and the first chance I had to go in was Saturday as was working, but was exhausted and they were closed Sunday so went in Monday.

They were closed and no opening times in the window, so went in Tuesday.

Despite it being 3.30 and they close at 5 they were out of stock of the main thing that was missing from order, but offered me one of the things they had, I declined saying it would complicate things so rather get everything at once (that and the meat pack lasts weeks anyway so rather wait till I needed it)

Was busy yesterday so went in today and was rudely spoken to about how they gave me the missing things on Tuesday, and I denied this and was told multiple times I did, and how they gave me a back (at first) then told they left a bag on the counter,

Well even if that was true, when I told the guy I would come back in on Tuesday I walked straight out, and the store was empty so unless he turned his back to me when I said that and did it without checking I was still in the store then that didn't happen!

Its put me off going in but its a shame as got a good deal there before.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Oct 17, 6:12 PM
    • 50,275 Posts
    • 137,409 Thanks
    colinw
    Boris Johnson is really getting on my tits at the moment, the buffoon helped get us in the Brexit mess with his naked ambition @nd BS he #pun, now he seems to think he can use the same BS on the EU negotiators.

Last edited by colinw; 12-10-2017 at 6:14 PM.
    • bunk bed
    • By bunk bed 12th Oct 17, 6:37 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    bunk bed
    Oh no, a Remoaner on the thread!

We've been splitting the bill with Europe for this shared meal we've all been partaking in for years. Only trouble is, when you split the cost of a group meal, there's always one or two greedy piggies, and the rest of us just have a small first course or a dessert.

That and Europe's ridiculous bureaucrats and their ridiculous laws. It's because of them that we pay tax on tampons, FGS. The sooner we leave the better!

Anyway my gripe is my local library. They have c0cked up my reservations and charged me for something I no longer want. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that libraries are for losers!!! I'm buying my books in future, and I'll sell the ones I no longer want to keep.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Oct 17, 7:03 PM
    • 50,275 Posts
    • 137,409 Thanks
    colinw
    Oh no, a Remoaner on the thread!

We've been splitting the bill with Europe for this shared meal we've all been partaking in for years. Only trouble is, when you split the cost of a group meal, there's always one or two greedy piggies, and the rest of us just have a small first course or a dessert.

That and Europe's ridiculous bureaucrats and their ridiculous laws. It's because of them that we pay tax on tampons, FGS. The sooner we leave the better!

Anyway my gripe is my local library. They have c0cked up my reservations and charged me for something I no longer want. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that libraries are for losers!!! I'm buying my books in future, and I'll sell the ones I no longer want to keep.
    Originally posted by bunk bed

Yes a remoaner and proud of it it is more that buffoon that annoys me though
    • bunk bed
    • By bunk bed 12th Oct 17, 7:05 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    bunk bed
    Just wait till he's PM..
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    • 50,275 Posts
    • 137,409 Thanks
    colinw
    Just wait till he's PM..
    Originally posted by bunk bed
    Yes him here and the orange Buffoon in the US
    • bunk bed
    • By bunk bed 12th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    bunk bed
    Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson actually put his name down for POTUS last year. He was born in the U.S. though he's got this image of himself as an English eccentric.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Oct 17, 7:15 PM
    • 29,659 Posts
    • 108,982 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yes a remoaner and proud of it it is more that buffoon that annoys me though
    Yes, the lies, lies and more lies. I hate lies.

More than that, I hate hypocrites, and he is one so very big hypocrite.
    Hypocrites, Hot-air bags, and Honey-monsters * - what a beautiful world we live in.
    Not.

Plus I burnt my chips.

(* Translation: The B, Kim thing, Trump)

And I was in such a good mood earlier today.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Chris25
    • By Chris25 13th Oct 17, 3:37 PM
    • 12,587 Posts
    • 12,239 Thanks
    Chris25
    I'm starting to get really hacked off with various companies which send a second email a short time after the first, stating "oops, we messed up".

No you didn't! You're just sending the second one to try to get more attention without it seeming that you're sending out too much mail!!
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 13th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 4,062 Thanks
    Izadora
    No you didn't! You're just sending the second one to try to get more attention without it seeming that you're sending out too much mail!!
    Originally posted by Chris25
    I'm irritated by the fact that I'm so stupid that I hadn't realised that's what they're doing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

6,600Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin