Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,354Posts
    • 28,062Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 96
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 7th Oct 17, 12:28 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 3,022 Thanks
    ceredigion
    WUM's .
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker

• MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th Oct 17, 12:29 PM
    • 11,575 Posts
    • 15,169 Thanks
    MothballsWallet

Originally posted by ceredigion
    Wind Up Merchants.
    Married to an immigrant.
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Oct 17, 12:38 PM
    • 2,461 Posts
    • 9,708 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    When someone else's dog barks at my dog first, I am somehow to blame when my dog starts barking back
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3189.5
    This week 56.1
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 2,461 Posts
    • 9,708 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    TV listings
    I thought that I had found an episode of Columbo that I'd never seen but it was just that the description of the episode was totally wrong

This week 56.1
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Oct 17, 6:14 PM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,584 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    When people ask for help and you offer but they donít even acknowledge you with a thankyou.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 7th Oct 17, 8:06 PM
    • 7,412 Posts
    • 13,613 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Dad bought me an ankle support wrap for my leg pain just above my ankle. Helps with the pain, but I can't wear it with any shoes, including slippers. Yet the packaging shows a foot wearing the wrap in a shoe.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 2,461 Posts
    • 9,708 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Dad bought me an ankle support wrap for my leg pain just above my ankle. Helps with the pain, but I can't wear it with any shoes, including slippers. Yet the packaging shows a foot wearing the wrap in a shoe.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    You should get a 'walking boot' like what I got when I broke my ankle.
    Ugly as sin but I was able to walk with it on where as I couldn't without it.

This week 56.1
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 7th Oct 17, 10:14 PM
    • 7,412 Posts
    • 13,613 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    You should get a 'walking boot' like what I got when I broke my ankle.
    Ugly as sin but I was able to walk with it on where as I couldn't without it.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I know the thing you mean. I doubt I am able to wear it for work - for H&S reasons.
    I'm don't want to spend more time off sick. Hopefully, my employer will treat it as an re-occuring absence for the same problem though its lower down. The leg problems never went away fully.

I have no idea what it could be. I don't want to immobile as my poor dad will have my mum as well with a bad leg. Her's is much worse - had knee arthroscopy to repair torn cartilage two weeks ago and awaiting hip replacement on the same leg.
    Last edited by ScarletMarble; 07-10-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 7th Oct 17, 11:41 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,808 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Loads and loads of Irritations today. Loads.

Too irritated to explain.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Oct 17, 11:58 PM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,584 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Why does the ipad keypad keep replacing the letter you type with the alternate character on that key? I am sick of having words full of numbers and symbols.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 8th Oct 17, 6:59 AM
    • 4,043 Posts
    • 8,339 Thanks
    uberalles
    Why does the ipad keypad keep replacing the letter you type with the alternate character on that key? I am sick of having words full of numbers and symbols.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Are you Prince reincarnated d*nn@ju#ki@?
    Lost fears of love come flooding back, every time you cry gives me a little heart attack
    There's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    Grab a little pickle & a little slap & tickle, you have to throw a stone to get the pool to ripple.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,808 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Mine doesn't do that, but it does keep leaving letters out, especially from the lowest row of letters.

This can lead to some very strange autocarroting going on!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 13,011 Posts
    • 49,445 Thanks
    joansgirl
    It's IOS 11
    I know a few people having the same problem, not only is it frustrating for the person using the device, it's also blooming irritating trying to decipher a seemingly coded message

It also sucks yer battery dry very quickly I'm told. I haven't installed it on my devices yet and I'm not going to until I absolutely have to
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 50,865 Posts
    • 138,966 Thanks
    colinw
    Originally posted by uberalles
    yes itís Ios11 a new feature which I think you can disable in settings in the keyboard bit, my iPad totally hung this morning..could be ios11 as well
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Oct 17, 3:14 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,808 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It's IOS 11
    I know a few people having the same problem, not only is it frustrating for the person using the device, it's also blooming irritating trying to decipher a seemingly coded message

It also sucks yer battery dry very quickly I'm told. I haven't installed it on my devices yet and I'm not going to until I absolutely have to
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Thanks for the warning.... I was going to install it today, but shan't now.

What's the new feature?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 2,461 Posts
    • 9,708 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Typical Sunday morning around these parts is still sticking in my craw

Broken glass, half eaten takeaways and spewings on the pavements all over the place just to show that the local teenagers had their usual 'wonderfull' time.

This week 56.1
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Oct 17, 6:39 PM
    • 13,011 Posts
    • 49,445 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Thanks for the warning.... I was going to install it today, but shan't now.

What's the new feature?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Erm...on the keyboard the letters have numbers or symbols on the same key that are activated by swiping the letters downwards (I think) and of course sometimes it basically types what it wants I have also heard that a lot of older apps no longer work on IOS 11. Apple are trying to take over the world

Typical Sunday morning around these parts is still sticking in my craw

Broken glass, half eaten takeaways and spewings on the pavements all over the place just to show that the local teenagers had their usual 'wonderfull' time.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    One of the places I worked in the past, on a Monday night the youngsters used to chat and judge how good a weekend they'd had by how many times they'd been sick and where, what colour it was and how big a hangover they'd had
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,584 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Originally posted by uberalles
    Well I am short and lack tal3n5 so maybe. I have left that word as it is to show what my annoyance is like.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Oct 17, 6:50 PM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,584 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    It's IOS 11

Originally posted by joansgirl
    I havent noticed a battery issue yet. On the previous iOS we would get issues with the keypad, it used to auto correct words to another word that could not possibly fit into the sentence.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 8th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 3,022 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Can't decide if I am more irritated by posters asking a question that has been asked 100's of times, or posters dragging up a long forgotten old threads.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

1,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin