Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,337Posts
    • 27,995Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 93
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 4th Oct 17, 12:40 AM
    • 26,842 Posts
    • 14,550 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Tv ads for video games that donít show any gameplay. To name one the latest ad for fifa 18.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 4th Oct 17, 2:20 AM
    • 3,682 Posts
    • 3,011 Thanks
    dekaspace
    So my neighbour who made the silly decision to have laminate flooring despite having energetic kids still in single digit ages has been getting more and more loud, woken 6am yesterday, 7am Sunday and last night I had nose from 4pm-7pm when I decided I had enough and went for a walk.

At one point I heard at least 2 kids per room in each room of house, running and dropping things, slamming doors, kids screaming as if they hurt themselves or just wanted attention and just laughter from adults.

Its not much sense really, they make a lot of noise in term time and next to none in summer (maybe the kids wear themselves out when playing in garden or travelling) Sometimes its so bad I can't tell if its someone doing DIY or kids slamming toys into walls.

Did discuss it with them 6 months ago as it peaked around Easter before going quiet over summer and noise literally day 1 of school.

Did hear a few domestic arguments too right before kids went back to school.

Thats more of a rant maybe? Or getting something off my chest.

Anyway on actual irritating, I missed bus by no more than 1 minute (assuming bus didn't leave early) so had 30 minutes to wait, just after I got there some kids no older than 12 turned up and started being loud, the boy for the whole 30 minutes just constantly spat at ground, their conversations were like who they "got off" with over the weekend (this was girls by the way) and how much alcohol they drank, then they saw a friend of theirs and got a cigarette and decided to share it, and the boy turned to me and went "fat """""""

Typical, 30 minutes of those little "darlings"
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 4th Oct 17, 2:29 AM
    • 7,281 Posts
    • 16,168 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Had to put up with a lunchtime dentist appointment to get a filling only for them to just put in a temporary one. I have to go back in 3 weeks to get the job done properly and guess what itís a lunchtime appointment again.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    What's the problem with a lunchtime appt?
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Oct 17, 8:48 AM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,342 Thanks
    Pyxis
    . Or, you can shoot a bowl of egg whites to create an easy meringue.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    How does that work, then?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 4th Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    • 23,100 Posts
    • 59,804 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I think it's an Iplayer problem. My internet is generally pretty fast and I can watch netflix/amazon/4od without any problems but I can't watch anything on Iplayer without it stopping to buffer several times. I don't know why, there's probably a fancy technical term to explain why Iplayer is a bit rubbish.
    Originally posted by fairy lights

It's the same with the Kodi stick. I Was watching Pitch Perfect when it started freezing. It ended up with the sub-titles five minutes in front of action!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 4th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 1,325 Posts
    • 7,379 Thanks
    Wednesday2000

Excuse me! If they were flying, then they weren't spiders!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Whatever they are, I want them to leave me alone!

Anyway on actual irritating, I missed bus by no more than 1 minute (assuming bus didn't leave early) so had 30 minutes to wait, just after I got there some kids no older than 12 turned up and started being loud, the boy for the whole 30 minutes just constantly spat at ground, their conversations were like who they "got off" with over the weekend (this was girls by the way) and how much alcohol they drank, then they saw a friend of theirs and got a cigarette and decided to share it, and the boy turned to me and went "fat """""""
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    They sound charming!
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 4th Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,279 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    People who sniff incessantly.

BLOW YOUR ******* NOSE!
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 4th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 23,100 Posts
    • 59,804 Thanks
    pollypenny

BLOW YOUR ******* NOSE!
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus

You've just made me sniff!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 4th Oct 17, 12:16 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,279 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    As long as you don't work in the same office as me that's fine
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 4th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 1,325 Posts
    • 7,379 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    It made me sniff as well!
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • dontone
    • By dontone 4th Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 3,883 Posts
    • 11,769 Thanks
    dontone

BLOW YOUR ******* NOSE!
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    lol, you don't work in the same office as Mr Dontone, do you? Apparently they have inherited a 'sniffer' who has driven everybody mad the last couple of weeks he has been with them.
    So much so, that the powers that be are moving him somewhere else. The others in the office have even nick-named him 'Sid Snot'
    But, I agree, that is a very annoying habit.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 4th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 1,464 Posts
    • 4,201 Thanks
    Izadora
    I've taken to having to put headphones in both ears (I normally only have one in so that I can hear if someone's calling me) and turning the radio right up as the bloke who sits opposite me doesn't just sniff, it's a full-on snorting noise and it's disgusting. If I make it to the end of the week without throwing a box of tissues or screaming at him it'll be a miracle!!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,342 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It made me sniff as well!
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    Now I'm sniffing, too!

What a suggestible lot!

Or perhaps we're just ultra-sociable!

If someone's sniffing a lot near me, I usually offer them a tissue. Sometimes they're really grateful, as they didn't have one. Otherwise, it's a gentle way of telling them that they're being a bl00dy nuisance!

Sniffing's one thing, but snorting repeatedly is just gross in the extreme.

My granny used to sniff. It was almost a sort of tic, but it was a soft, gentle sort of sniff, not much more than an intake of breath through the nose, and wasn't annoying. It was just her.
    I'd forgotten that!
    She died when I was a child, so I don't have many memories of her!
    Last edited by Pyxis; 04-10-2017 at 2:27 PM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 4th Oct 17, 2:27 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    Now I'm sniffing, too!

What a suggestible lot!

Or perhaps we're just ultra-sociable!

If someone's sniffing a lot near me, I usually offer them a tissue. Sometimes they're really grateful, as they didn't have one. Otherwise, it's a gentle way of telling them that they're being a bl00dy nuisance!

Sniffing's one thing, but snorting repeatedly is just gross in the extreme.

My granny used to sniff. It was almost a sort of tic, but it was a soft, gentle sort of sniff, and wasn't annoying. It was just her.
    I'd forgotten that!
    She died when I was a child, so I don't have many memories of her!

Not a used crusty green tissue I hope
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 4th Oct 17, 2:46 PM
    • 1,464 Posts
    • 4,201 Thanks
    Izadora
    I once offered a tissue to a man on a train and his response was "Oh, I'm alright thanks, it'll stop in a minute."

He looked a bit shocked when I said "Or you could just blow your nose." but he did at least take a tissue at that point. He may not have been grateful but the woman who was sitting opposite me smiled and mouthed "nicely played" at me
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Oct 17, 2:50 PM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,342 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Not a used crusty green tissue I hope
    Originally posted by colinw
    Blimmin' cheek!

No, a nicely folded, fresh one, thank you!

Scented with lavender grown on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro by the brides of Swahili tribesmen, and picked at dawn with the dew still on. They then roll the stems against their burnished thighs so that the buds drop off and are then dried in the morning sun.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 4th Oct 17, 2:53 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    Blimmin' cheek!

No, a nicely folded, fresh one, thank you!

Scented with lavender grown on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro by the brides of Swahili tribesmen, and picked at dawn with the dew still on. They then roll the stems against their burnished thighs so that the buds drop off and are then dried in the morning sun.
    Well I suppose the lavender makes it ok then
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Oct 17, 3:23 PM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,342 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Well I suppose the lavender makes it ok then
    Originally posted by colinw
    If, after all that, they are still sniffing, they get clocked one wiv me 'andbag!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 4th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    If, after all that, they are still sniffing, they get clocked one wiv me 'andbag!
    It is only right tough love
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,342 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Ok, so.........
    Ok.

So, I spent an hour preparing stuff for a casserole.

Finally got it in the oven , and spent a while clearing up.

After an hour and a half, I added more ingredients.

After another hour, I went to get it out of the oven.

As I was getting it out, the casserole dish slipped, and in trying to save it, I caught my hand on the hot oven shelf, the shock of which caused the dish to slip even more, and a load of the contents of the dish spilled onto the drop-down oven door, and into the oven, and under the oven, and onto the floor.

Spent a few minutes with my hand under the cold tap, then wrapped it in wet kitchen towel to keep cooling it.

Most of the 'bits' of the casserole were on the oven door, so I was able to salvage those, but then spent another half-hour cleaning up the liquid mess, but it will need another going over later.

I decanted some of the casserole into a plastic box and heated it up again, to eat.

And after all that, the casserole was horrible.

And I have a very sore blister from the burn on my hand.

I am not a happy bunny.

Which is ironic, as it was a rabbit casserole.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter