Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,140Posts
    • 27,206Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 91
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 1st Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 2,131 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Baw, it's awful losing money. I find the new notes a lot more slippery than the old ones too.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 1st Oct 17, 10:02 AM
    • 2,333 Posts
    • 2,869 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Irritated by.
    The constant Americanisation of the English language.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 1st Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 29,645 Posts
    • 108,941 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Irritated by.
    The constant Americanisation of the English language.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Hear hear!

I just this minute winced when I heard an English person on the TV news say "A to Zee".
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 1st Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 29,645 Posts
    • 108,941 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Baw, it's awful losing money. I find the new notes a lot more slippery than the old ones too.
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    Yes. They are Great Escape notes. They bounce.

I have a small purse, and I fold my notes into four, so that they go in a compartment. The new fivers keep bouncing out and unfolding.

The twenty was an old one, though. I was stupid. I never hold my money in my hand, especially when I'm holding a bag in the same hand. Don't know what I was thinking of.
    The horrid thing was that I noticed within minutes, but it was nowhere in the shop.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 1st Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    • 8,140 Posts
    • 27,206 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The cats have had a meeting and all agreed that they don't like the expensive, good quality food I've just bulk bought and from now on will only eat the cheapest supermarket own brands.
    I've tried telling them that there are street cats who would be bloody grateful for that food but they scream at me to stop lecturing them and storm out, slamming the catflap behind them.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 1st Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 2,333 Posts
    • 2,869 Thanks
    ceredigion
    The cats have had a meeting and all agreed that they don't like the expensive, good quality food I've just bulk bought and from now on will only eat the cheapest supermarket own brands.
    I've tried telling them that there are street cats who would be bloody grateful for that food but they scream at me to stop lecturing them and storm out, slamming the catflap behind them.
    Originally posted by fairy lights

Do they go and take there frustration out on the neighbours car.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5720037
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 1st Oct 17, 11:03 AM
    • 8,140 Posts
    • 27,206 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Oh no, my cats were brought up right and wouldn't dream of causing reckless vandalism.
    One of them did get accused of murdering a sparrow once but his name was cleared when it became apparent he had an alibi - at the time of the murder he was three doors down beating up a persian.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 1st Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 15,699 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I saw that thread and wondered what sort of crap paint job the car had for a cat to be able to scratch it!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 1st Oct 17, 12:12 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 8,497 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Why does pain feel worse and seem to hang about for longer when you get older?
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2631.8
    This week 71.4
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 1st Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 29,645 Posts
    • 108,941 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I bet they also miaow "it's so unfairrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!".

You could try mixing it 50/50 with the cheap food and see if that works. Don't let them see you mixing it, though!

Ps. Whatever you do, don't get rid of the expensive food. If you do, the minute it's gone, they will decide they don't like the cheap food after all, and will refuse to eat it.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 1st Oct 17, 1:48 PM
    • 12,584 Posts
    • 48,124 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Re-formatted documents that don't quite work
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 1st Oct 17, 4:18 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 15,699 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Why does pain feel worse and seem to hang about for longer when you get older?
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Or why the 'cure' for pain is sometimes just another type of pain . .
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 1st Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 8,497 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Fire engines drove into my scheme 3 different times today with their sirens going and horns blaring, the irritating thing is that I can't find out why

This week 71.4
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 2nd Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 8,140 Posts
    • 27,206 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Those stupid useless perforations on the cardboard on the back of a pack of toothbrushes. Are they actually intended to help open the pack or are they just there for decoration? Are we expected to keep Stanley knife blades next to the toothpaste for when we need to access a new toothbrush?
    Standing in the bathroom at 7am desperately clawing at cardboard doesn't set the week off to a good start.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 2nd Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    • 12,584 Posts
    • 48,124 Thanks
    joansgirl
    It's been one of those days where although I haven't really stopped since I got up, I feel I've achieved nothing. Hate days like that
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • colinw
    • By colinw 2nd Oct 17, 2:12 PM
    • 50,273 Posts
    • 137,403 Thanks
    colinw
    Those stupid useless perforations on the cardboard on the back of a pack of toothbrushes. Are they actually intended to help open the pack or are they just there for decoration? Are we expected to keep Stanley knife blades next to the toothpaste for when we need to access a new toothbrush?
    Standing in the bathroom at 7am desperately clawing at cardboard doesn't set the week off to a good start.
    little known fact but that is Van Gogh lost his ear
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 2nd Oct 17, 8:20 PM
    • 8,140 Posts
    • 27,206 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Jamie Oliver is irritating me again. Watching his '15 minute meals' and he cooked one meal where he placed a whole chicken on to an oven shelf and let the fats and juices drip down on to the potatoes in the tray below.
    A. In what world is a chicken going to roast in 15 minutes?
    B. The fats and juices from that chicken aren't going to drip down in to the tray below in an orderly fashion, they're going to spit all over the oven. Maybe the meal only takes 15 minutes to prepare but cleaning the oven afterwards is going to take a damn sight longer.
    C. I've got a slight headache and I'm blaming that on Jamie Oliver too.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 2nd Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    • 50,273 Posts
    • 137,403 Thanks
    colinw
    Jamie Oliver is irritating me again. Watching his '15 minute meals' and he cooked one meal where he placed a whole chicken on to an oven shelf and let the fats and juices drip down on to the potatoes in the tray below.
    A. In what world is a chicken going to roast in 15 minutes?
    B. The fats and juices from that chicken aren't going to drip down in to the tray below in an orderly fashion, they're going to spit all over the oven. Maybe the meal only takes 15 minutes to prepare but cleaning the oven afterwards is going to take a damn sight longer.
    C. I've got a slight headache and I'm blaming that on Jamie Oliver too.
    His mouth annoys me it's a very cockney mouth like the West Ham left back used to have Joe Cole
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 2nd Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 8,497 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Noticed this evening that a booth which has not had a working phone in it for over 3 years still has a working light on.

This week 71.4
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 3rd Oct 17, 9:38 AM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 5,969 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I'm so sick of reading the attacks on the Labour party and the Conservative party.

Can't we just all agree that they are both hopeless?
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin