Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,019Posts
    • 26,737Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 77
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 49,893 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    colinw
    Seeing people repeat the same behaviour over and over again and always blaming other people for the consequences of their actions
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th Sep 17, 7:18 PM
    • 11,199 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Just started switching energy supplier because my current fix is coming to an end.

The irritation? Comparison sites have to tell you the estimated savings per year for each tariff even though it can be complete BS and you need to look at the unit rates and standing charges to compare properly.

You need a spreadsheet to track this stuff, or a bl00dy supercomputer!
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Sep 17, 7:31 PM
    • 49,893 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    colinw
    Just started switching energy supplier because my current fix is coming to an end.

The irritation? Comparison sites have to tell you the estimated savings per year for each tariff even though it can be complete BS and you need to look at the unit rates and standing charges to compare properly.

Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    OVO are not too bad, maybe not the cheapest but quite consistent and they pay interest on any amount you are in credit
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th Sep 17, 7:43 PM
    • 11,199 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Well, the comparisons didn't even list OVO for me in the top 5 that I looked at, but they did have Avro, who I've just initiated a switch to.
    Married to an immigrant.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Sep 17, 7:47 PM
    • 49,893 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    colinw
    Well, the comparisons didn't even list OVO for me in the top 5 that I looked at, but they did have Avro, who I've just initiated a switch to.
    There style is not to do the eye catching deals that grab you in then rise in price, they keep the price pretty consistent though
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th Sep 17, 8:04 PM
    • 11,199 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    There style is not to do the eye catching deals that grab you in then rise in price, they keep the price pretty consistent though
    Originally posted by colinw
    I've got a 12 month fix with Avro though, so the unit prices & standing charges will be the same for the year ahead.
    Married to an immigrant.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Sep 17, 8:29 PM
    • 49,893 Posts
    • 136,474 Thanks
    colinw
    I've got a 12 month fix with Avro though, so the unit prices & standing charges will be the same for the year ahead.
    Well done OVO are designed for boring people like me!
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 7th Sep 17, 8:34 PM
    • 7,066 Posts
    • 15,587 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    The blister on my lip burst overnight and brother was that sore no sleep since 3am and still sore now.
    I'm now finding it difficult to eat & drink because of the sore on my lip.

I would like someone to kiss it better but I doubt if I could muster a pucker
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Persistent indigestion, nausea and generally feeling rubbish
    Originally posted by joansgirl

Hideous, unfair pain in my shoulder! Felt like I'd broken my collar bone earlier!

Laid up with a HWB and a thoroughly good spray of Ralgex so now the cats are glaring at me from a distance - ordinarily they'd all come and join me on the sofa but they hate the smell and they distrust aerosols!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 7th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    • 4,109 Posts
    • 8,696 Thanks
    minimad1970
    More terrifying than irritating, the sneaky ads for IT that just keep on popping up on tv. I hate clowns
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 7th Sep 17, 10:38 PM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 5,254 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    More terrifying than irritating, the sneaky ads for IT that just keep on popping up on tv. I hate clowns
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    The specsavers ad with the clown nearly made me wet myself laughing earlier
    Girls do it better....
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 8th Sep 17, 7:25 AM
    • 983 Posts
    • 5,046 Thanks
    Wednesday2000

We have to do that next month, why do they make it so complicated?!
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • pipkin71
    • By pipkin71 8th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    • 18,840 Posts
    • 82,729 Thanks
    pipkin71
    Laptop is updating and taking forever. Irritating as I want to get on with some work
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 8th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 8,019 Posts
    • 26,737 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I'm back. I hope everyone has been appropriately irritated in my absense.
    My current irritation is that the tumble dryer has decided to go on strike and now there's not a surface in the house that doesn't have holiday laundry hung over it.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Sep 17, 7:00 PM
    • 12,417 Posts
    • 47,530 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I'm back. I hope everyone has been appropriately irritated in my absense.
    My current irritation is that the tumble dryer has decided to go on strike and now there's not a surface in the house that doesn't have holiday laundry hung over it.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Welcome back! It hasn't been the same without you

Seriously, hope you had a good holiday
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 8th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    • 11,199 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Well done OVO are designed for boring people like me!
    Originally posted by colinw
    It's more complicated because you need to use your annual consumption figures to get the best comparison results - and to that for gas, you have to convert your gas meter readings to kWh from either cubic metres (m3) or cubic feet (ft3).

That calculation needs the calorific value which you can get from the National Grid website for your region and can change on a daily basis.

This is why I built a spreadsheet to do all this - it even impressed Mrs MbW
    Married to an immigrant.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    • 26,308 Posts
    • 14,070 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Currently worried I am going to get robbed of a pound by Amazon. Checked my bank account, the money hasn't gone out yet but balance available is £1 less than what I would expect it to be.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 8th Sep 17, 10:12 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 13,029 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Looking for footsies/ no show socks that don't fall off.

They are needed for flats
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 9th Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,994 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The TV listings mag that I use has gone up in price AND they have changed the layout dropping some of the channels that I watch
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2338.5
    This week 87.8
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 9th Sep 17, 1:22 PM
    • 1,229 Posts
    • 2,083 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Currently irritated that every time I see this thread I read it as 'what's irrigating you?'
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 9th Sep 17, 2:07 PM
    • 11,199 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Realising I wrote "and to that for gas, you have to convert your gas" in post #1535 when I mean to say "and to do that for gas, you have to convert your gas".

I CBA to go back and change it
    Married to an immigrant.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,839Posts Today

8,334Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin