Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,013Posts
    • 26,714Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 76
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 4th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 11,201 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Lemon slices with fish and chips get discarded by us and as I look around I think alot of people do the same.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Oh god no! Mrs MbW cooks fish in the oven with a slice of lemon inside the fish! It's gorgeous!

We love fish in this house. And I love tartare sauce with it too!

Maybe it's because I grew up within an hour's drive of 3 different fishing ports and my parents bought good quality fish from actual fishmongers.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 4th Sep 17, 6:32 PM
    • 11,201 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I think it is all about being reasonable, yes tilt it back a bit so you can relax which is what I normally do but to fling it right back so the person behind has practically no room is just totally selfish. They should design it so it can not go back too far, this was a bit of an older plane though.
    Originally posted by colinw
    Be glad it wasn't a Soviet plane - those seats have only 2 settings - bolt upright and lay flat

And, yes, I've been on enough Soviet-built airplanes to see this for myself
    Married to an immigrant.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 4th Sep 17, 6:34 PM
    • 11,201 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Could have been even worse.........his seat could have been this one! ...........

Or this one..........

Originally posted by Pyxis
    The second one's got to be Aeroflot's site fritzing itself....
    Married to an immigrant.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 4th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 11,201 Posts
    • 14,718 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    My irritation
    So, I've got an irritation to share.

I had a missed call on my home phone and, for once, a message was left.

So, I listened to it and it was someone calling from a letting agent called A****** B******* - I had hired them to manage letting my house while I was in New Zealand - asking if I had any properties I wanted to let through them.

Let's just say I didn't have a great experience with them and last dealt with them in 2007, so even if I was a landlord, I wouldn't use them.

So, 10 years later, they still have my details on file - I've contacted the ICO to ask if that's okay or not.

I so hope I can send them a whacking great invoice for holding onto my details for so long without my permission.
    Married to an immigrant.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 4th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Normally when I am out & about, I try to make eye contact and greet everyone (adults) that I meet (usually going the other way), I generally get a response from most folk, I tend to ignore yoofs, kids and earphone wearers though.
    Today I tried not greeting anyone unless I knew them already just to see how many folk would greet me first.

Not a single bloody one
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2338.5
    This week 87.8
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 4th Sep 17, 9:02 PM
    • 26,307 Posts
    • 14,068 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Getting sleepy watching tv so I go to bed then can't get to sleep. This has happened a few times lately.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 5th Sep 17, 8:46 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Transfer time between banks

Going one direction it is instant but going the other way between the same 2 banks and accounts takes 4 days
    If I had known this I would have started the process 4 days earlier rather than have my account overdrawn by £17 for 4 days, thank goodnes for the free £100 overdraught.

This week 87.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 5th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    My bottom lip was frozen this morning in an effort to cure was called a blood vessel cluster and it has been damn sore all afternoon and evening, I don't see me getting much sleep tonight and as I am a teeth grinder, what's the betting that I bite into the (still) swollen lip at some point

This week 87.8
    • JIL
    • By JIL 5th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    • 2,726 Posts
    • 18,471 Thanks
    JIL
    I held the door open for a young lad at work today, he is 19. As he passed I accidentally caught his arm. I apologised. He answered, " don't worry about it my darling"

He is 30 years younger than me, I am not his darling. I am irritated as I was so taken aback I did not respond. I feel I will have to recreate the moment another day, just to respond.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 6th Sep 17, 8:23 AM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    My bottom lip was frozen this morning in an effort to cure was called a blood vessel cluster and it has been damn sore all afternoon and evening, I don't see me getting much sleep tonight and as I am a teeth grinder, what's the betting that I bite into the (still) swollen lip at some point
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Well I was right in as much as I never got much sleep but at least I did not bite into the blister that has formed on my lip.

I will possibly have to go through all this again in about 6 weeks time or even worse if this procedure doesn't work

This week 87.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 6th Sep 17, 8:25 AM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I held the door open for a young lad at work today, he is 19. As he passed I accidentally caught his arm. I apologised. He answered, " don't worry about it my darling"

He is 30 years younger than me, I am not his darling. I am irritated as I was so taken aback I did not respond. I feel I will have to recreate the moment another day, just to respond.
    Originally posted by JIL
    You are onto a winner there Jil, just remember that 19 goes into 49 more times that 49 goes into 19

This week 87.8
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Sep 17, 12:24 AM
    • 26,307 Posts
    • 14,068 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The Americanisation of our education system. For example the last year of school being called year 11 rather than 5th year secondary school.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 7th Sep 17, 9:09 AM
    • 7,063 Posts
    • 15,571 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    The Americanisation of our education system. For example the last year of school being called year 11 rather than 5th year secondary school.
    It confuses the heck out of me - especially as I went to private school and we had Lower Fourth. Middle Fourth, Upper Fourth, Lower Fifth, Upper Fifth, Lower Sixth and Upper Sixth . .

I never knew what year my kids were supposed to be in!!

Then they had a Principal instead of a Head, terms became semesters and bi-weekly assessments . . .
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 7th Sep 17, 1:03 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 5,003 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I had to make a phonecall and the woman on the phone said I didn't sound 41 but that I sounded much younger. People always think I'm younger in real life too. I don't know why as I don't think I look young and I'm not even short! People talk to me as if they are talking to someone much younger. It's annoying.
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I had to make a phonecall and the woman on the phone said I didn't sound 41 but that I sounded much younger. People always think I'm younger in real life too. I don't know why as I don't think I look young and I'm not even short! People talk to me as if they are talking to someone much younger. It's annoying.
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    Gives me an idea for a thread

This week 87.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 1,888 Posts
    • 7,966 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The blister on my lip burst overnight and brother was that sore no sleep since 3am and still sore now.
    I'm now finding it difficult to eat & drink because of the sore on my lip.

I would like someone to kiss it better but I doubt if I could muster a pucker

This week 87.8
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Sep 17, 5:16 PM
    • 12,415 Posts
    • 47,524 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Persistent indigestion, nausea and generally feeling rubbish
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 7th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    That bugs me too, but nowhere near as much as school proms now being standard in Britain.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Sep 17, 6:36 PM
    • 26,307 Posts
    • 14,068 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    That bugs me too, but nowhere near as much as school proms now being standard in Britain.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Yeah, it was school disco in the school hall when I was there. No limos, no expensive hired clothing. You wore your own clothes. If I was at school now I would boycott the prom.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 26,307 Posts
    • 14,068 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Wanting to buy something for £15 on Amazon to discover I will be charged for delivery unless I spend £20.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

4,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin