Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 7,824Posts
    • 25,731Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 29
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th Jul 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 6,691 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Ouch! Hope you're OK.
    Originally posted by Dreamnine
    As I said, I got it out but messy

The needle itself is 0.25mm dia by 6mm long and of course it was right in when it broke so I had to do a bit of digging with the tweezers and that was what caused the mess

No worse really than taking a slither out of your finger but with this one there was nothing actually above the skin.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1681.5
    This week 64.8
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 14th Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    • 7,801 Posts
    • 13,154 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Reminds me of a year ago in hospital with nurses trying to put in a line...if they failed twice (fairly common) then someone else had to have a go.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Happyhousewife
    • By Happyhousewife 15th Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Happyhousewife
    My hernia has popped out 5 times today! Luckily I'm seeing the surgeon Tuesday as I can't go on like this for much longer ��
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 15th Jul 17, 12:59 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 6,691 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Hypocrites
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1681.5
    This week 64.8
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 15th Jul 17, 7:12 PM
    • 2,383 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Stuff you Now TV, I was going to activate the entertainment pass but if you can't be bothered to add subtitles then Kodi box or download Game of Thrones it is.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 15th Jul 17, 7:18 PM
    • 6,776 Posts
    • 14,779 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Stuff you Now TV, I was going to activate the entertainment pass but if you can't be bothered to add subtitles then Kodi box or download Game of Thrones it is.
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    I get irritated that I can't read substitles if I lay on my side - varifocals!!

It's !!!! getting old!!
    Hell in a handcart either way.
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 15th Jul 17, 7:57 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Irritated by my laziness and procrastination.. another Saturday where nothing has got done

• coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 15th Jul 17, 8:01 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I get irritated that I can't read substitles if I lay on my side - varifocals!!

It's !!!! getting old!!
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Oh yea, my sight has gone down the pan this year. Holding things at arms length to read smallprint with contact lenses in, taking glasses off and holding smallprint 1.5 inches away from face when not wearing C/Ls, getting totally dazzled by direct sunlight, taking ages to adapt to darkness, etc.
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 15th Jul 17, 8:18 PM
    • 26,959 Posts
    • 78,706 Thanks
    jackieb
    Irritated by my laziness and procrastination.. another Saturday where nothing has got done

Originally posted by coffeehound
    Ooh I was going to put this. Not that you were irritating me. I was doing it to myself I had nowhere to go today and I was full of good intentions. I never even got dressed. Weather was awful though, dark and dreary all day.

We must've needed it
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 15th Jul 17, 8:29 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I never even got dressed. Weather was awful though, dark and dreary all day.
    Originally posted by jackieb
    Ha, snap, still in my PJs

We must've needed it
    Originally posted by jackieb
    Good philosophy, I agree
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 15th Jul 17, 8:58 PM
    • 6,776 Posts
    • 14,779 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Oh yea, my sight has gone down the pan this year. Holding things at arms length to read smallprint with contact lenses in, taking glasses off and holding smallprint 1.5 inches away from face when not wearing C/Ls, getting totally dazzled by direct sunlight, taking ages to adapt to darkness, etc.
    It;s gotten so bad I actually booked my self a sight test and a contact lenses trial ( and a Clarins makeover)
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 15th Jul 17, 9:52 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    coffeehound
    It;s gotten so bad I actually booked my self a sight test and a contact lenses trial ( and a Clarins makeover)
    Carrot-and-stick approach — sounds like a plan
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 15th Jul 17, 9:53 PM
    • 2,205 Posts
    • 2,537 Thanks
    ceredigion

Thought it was just me. Completely given up trying to read the paper, i just cant do it. Cant quite accept it enough just yet to actually make the appointment. I kind of suspect , my other half will drag me there before long. Whether i like it or not. Im just not that old yet anyway.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 15th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 6,776 Posts
    • 14,779 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Thought it was just me. Completely given up trying to read the paper, i just cant do it. Cant quite accept it enough just yet to actually make the appointment. I kind of suspect , my other half will drag me there before long. Whether i like it or not. Im just not that old yet anyway.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    It might be that your arms are not the right length!
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 15th Jul 17, 10:30 PM
    • 6,776 Posts
    • 14,779 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I did get told I looked sexy with my glasses on top of my head . . . but I couldn't see who said it!
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Jul 17, 10:14 AM
    • 11,983 Posts
    • 46,006 Thanks
    joansgirl
    2 hours of sleep just ain't doing it for me today
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 16th Jul 17, 11:56 AM
    • 12,007 Posts
    • 11,384 Thanks
    Chris25
    flippin' fed up with waiting around to find out if where the rest of my son's order is - the order that should have been delivered Friday afternoon
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 16th Jul 17, 1:23 PM
    • 7,801 Posts
    • 13,154 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    I'm running out of juice but didn't think to go to the vape shop today. The shop below me sells juice but it's low quality Chinese stuff.

Not going out again.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th Jul 17, 1:43 PM
    • 11,983 Posts
    • 46,006 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Butterfly trapped in the conservatory, time to go catch it
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 16th Jul 17, 1:46 PM
    • 989 Posts
    • 2,552 Thanks
    helcat26
    Have you tried doing a mono contact lens trial Coffeehound and Old Mother Tucker?
    Did not think it would work but it is brill.
    You wear 1 contact lens (in my case for reading) and the brain adapts and processes the information so you can have simultaneous short and long sight.
    You adapt really quickly.
    Ask the optician - SS do free trial on this.

I was just fed up with needed umpteen reading glasses and putting them on taking them off all the time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,193Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin