Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 7,826Posts
    • 25,748Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 28
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 14th Jul 17, 12:05 PM
    • 11,985 Posts
    • 46,016 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I have stuck with John Lewis the last few years as they have a good reputation and the price has not been bad really....and House Insurance is something I don't really want to take to many risks on.
    Originally posted by colinw
    I couldn't get any house insurance for 5 years so any insurance is good insurance for me

Actually I do get quite a good deal from an over 50's insurer, which is of absolutely no use to Fairy Lights or Penitent I suspect
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 14th Jul 17, 12:24 PM
    • 726 Posts
    • 3,604 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I feel a bit sick today, not sure if it is something I ate or the humid weather, or both.
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th Jul 17, 1:57 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 6,715 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Far too much moneysaving type posting going on on this thread

Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1751.1
    This week 69.6
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 1,226 Posts
    • 3,595 Thanks
    Penitent
    Sorry Penitent I did not even know you were after it as well...
    Ignore me, I'm a grumpy cow today.

I couldn't get any house insurance for 5 years so any insurance is good insurance for me

Actually I do get quite a good deal from an over 50's insurer, which is of absolutely no use to Fairy Lights or Penitent I suspect
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    The insurance policy belongs to an over 50, I just deal with all her money stuff. Maybe next time around I'll have located my ability to focus and I can check out the over 50 policies too. I just wish they'd make all the what-it-covers bits easier to compare. The current policy is about 15 pages long!

I had to call up about one of the bills a couple of months back and I have to say I'm her since everything's in her name. Next phone call I had to make was about my ESA--I accidentally gave them the wrong name. I'm surprised I didn't end up with a fraud investigation.

Far too much moneysaving type posting going on on this thread

Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Ah, but it's irritating moneysaving, so it's okay.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jul 17, 3:13 PM
    • 1,226 Posts
    • 3,595 Thanks
    Penitent
    My sleep pattern has joined my motivation on its holidays. Lack of sleep is making me dozy and nauseous, but not nauseous enough to take the anti-nausea tablet, which also makes me dozy. I don't think any of us want to see what a double-dose of dozy looks like.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 7,826 Posts
    • 25,748 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Probably not the best thing to say on this thread, but one of my irritations has gone!

I followed earlier advice on here and did my home insurance online, through a cashback site. I ended up staying with the same company, but by taking a new policy out instead of renewing and going through a cashback site saved over £35.

Thanks everybody if I haven't thanked you individually already.
    Originally posted by Bula Ciorapescu
    That's a yellow card for posting about not being irritated on the 'what's irritating you' thread.
    We don't take kindly you people being un-irritated round here.
    You'd better be back in here by the end of the day with some genuine irritations or...or...Martin Lewis will come round and tickle you with a feather.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 49,321 Posts
    • 134,897 Thanks
    colinw
    Ignore me, I'm a grumpy cow today.

The insurance policy belongs to an over 50, I just deal with all her money stuff. Maybe next time around I'll have located my ability to focus and I can check out the over 50 policies too. I just wish they'd make all the what-it-covers bits easier to compare. The current policy is about 15 pages long!

I had to call up about one of the bills a couple of months back and I have to say I'm her since everything's in her name. Next phone call I had to make was about my ESA--I accidentally gave them the wrong name. I'm surprised I didn't end up with a fraud investigation.

Ah, but it's irritating moneysaving, so it's okay.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I insist on apologising anyway it's easy to be taken the wrong way on here....
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 14th Jul 17, 3:38 PM
    • 6,780 Posts
    • 14,792 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Bloody hell, woman, are they having a growth spurt?
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Not mine unfortunately but the original poster with the escapee boobies is no longer with us!

A really amusing poster - poof! Gone! in the blink of an eye!
    Hell in a handcart either way.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Jul 17, 3:48 PM
    • 49,321 Posts
    • 134,897 Thanks
    colinw
    Not mine unfortunately but the original poster with the escapee boobies is no longer with us!

Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Maybe too amusing for some posters sadly Bonkers it is!
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,226 Posts
    • 3,595 Thanks
    Penitent

Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Oh! Thought you'd broke another bra!

I've come to the conclusion that one should treat new posters like hamsters--enjoy their company while they're here, but don't be surprised if you get up one morning to an empty cage.

I know some of them are AEs/users with multiple accounts, but as long as they aren't being awful to people, I've stopped caring.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Jul 17, 4:04 PM
    • 7,826 Posts
    • 25,748 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Oh for gods sake!
    Why do the genuinely awful trolly schemy lovey AE's stay forever, but the good ones are gone in a flash?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jul 17, 4:04 PM
    • 1,226 Posts
    • 3,595 Thanks
    Penitent
    Dirt bikes (again). I need to move to a spiral cul-de-sac, they seem to love long, straight roads.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jul 17, 4:13 PM
    • 1,226 Posts
    • 3,595 Thanks
    Penitent
    Oh for gods sake!
    Why do the genuinely awful trolly schemy lovey AE's stay forever, but the good ones are gone in a flash?
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    My guess would be the awful schemey ones don't like the competition. Or they just enjoy doing it for some reason?

I really don't get how they manage to get them PPRd, though, when they haven't said anything offensive. I thought their usual trick was to bait someone into losing their rag, then report the (justifiably) angry posts. IIRC, that's how they got T-who-shall-not-be-named. I guess they've got a new trick now.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Jul 17, 4:22 PM
    • 49,321 Posts
    • 134,897 Thanks
    colinw
    Oh for gods sake!
    Thing is I know who is doing it and have watched them in action....they have a new target now...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Jul 17, 4:31 PM
    • 7,826 Posts
    • 25,748 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Thing is I know who is doing it and have watched them in action....they have a new target now...
    But how do they do it? who's the new target? If they get me I'm going to come back as "industrial lighting rig".
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 14th Jul 17, 6:36 PM
    • 11,985 Posts
    • 46,016 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Disappointed more than irritated

The resident pair of swans on our lake. After the resident male spent most of February seeing off an interloping male our pair disappeared, I assumed to make cygnets. However, they didn't reappear after a few weeks and I started to get worried.

Then one evening a few weeks ago I caught sight of them on a neighbouring fishing lake, the female was just getting into the water, the male was standing guard. I then assumed they had relocated to have their young on a much cleaner lake and the young were already in the water, out of my line of sight. (The Anglers Association pay for an oxygenator to be used on their lakes to ward off the blue/green algae that invades every summer, thus giving better quality, cleaner water in the fishing lakes).

But.....they have now reappeared on the main lake....no young

I can only assume they either didn't manage to reproduce or the mahoosive pikes in the fishing lakes ate the babies
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Jul 17, 6:53 PM
    • 27,216 Posts
    • 98,921 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I insist on apologising anyway it's easy to be taken the wrong way on here....
    Crumbs! Tell me about it!

But how do they do it? who's the new target? If they get me I'm going to come back as "industrial lighting rig".
    Or as Heathrow Airport!

Last edited by Pyxis; 14-07-2017 at 6:56 PM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 14th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 7,835 Posts
    • 13,208 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Nothing is irritating me one jot; all is serene and I look forward to new adventures in the weekend.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 6,715 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    A couple of minor irritations to get in before this thread goes the way of it's predecesors.

Made jam today and it has not set properly so I may have to boil it up again.

The dog just jumped up at me while I was injecting my insulin and the needle broke, I managed to get it out with tweezers but it was very messy and I'm not sure just how much insulin got into my system.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1751.1
    This week 69.6
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 14th Jul 17, 7:33 PM
    • 7,835 Posts
    • 13,208 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    A couple of minor irritations to get in before this thread goes the way of it's predecesors.

Made jam today and it has not set properly so I may have to boil it up again.

The dog just jumped up at me while I was injecting my insulin and the needle broke, I managed to get it out with tweezers but it was very messy and I'm not sure just how much insulin got into my system.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Ouch! Hope you're OK.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

1,834Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin