Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,272Posts
    • 27,699Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 27
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 13th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    • 7,341 Posts
    • 13,480 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Had a phone call from work asking me to work tomorrow, instead of Saturday as there is a S&D bug going round. I had to turn it down as got a medical appointment and something else going on.

I am hoping I am not going to get this. There was another S&D bug 13 months ago and so far, the colleagues that had it then, including me, haven't been affected.

The bug is going around the area and not just my work.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 4,461 Thanks
    Penitent
    I've just found out that some people genuinely get het up about ILiveHere articles. It's like getting worked up about an Onion or NewsThump article.

Also, there's something I can't get my head round and it's driving me nuts. My phone alarm goes off at 5pm to remind me to take my meds. Today, I accidentally took the meds at 12pm, before realising I'd meant to take paracetamol for my back (brain said "take pills", body picked up wrong ones). 5pm has been and gone. My alarm didn't go off. How did my phone know what I did?!

Edit: Y'know, on second thought, it's entirely possible that it did go off at the right time, I clicked it off, and have since completely forgotten doing it. Really not all here today. Early night?
    Last edited by Penitent; 13-07-2017 at 6:16 PM.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 13th Jul 17, 6:25 PM
    • 12,786 Posts
    • 48,738 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I've just found out that some people genuinely get het up about ILiveHere articles. It's like getting worked up about an Onion or NewsThump article.

Also, there's something I can't get my head round and it's driving me nuts. My phone alarm goes off at 5pm to remind me to take my meds. Today, I accidentally took the meds at 12pm, before realising I'd meant to take paracetamol for my back (brain said "take pills", body picked up wrong ones). 5pm has been and gone. My alarm didn't go off. How did my phone know what I did?!

Edit: Y'know, on second thought, it's entirely possible that it did go off at the right time, I clicked it off, and have since completely forgotten doing it. Really not all here today. Early night?
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I've probably said this before but are you me? It sounds like the type of thing I'd do
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 13th Jul 17, 6:28 PM
    • 12,786 Posts
    • 48,738 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I'm irritated now because I forgot to post this just now.

I have a sprawling Lavender plant in the front garden. It's what I would call "gone over" i.e. past it's best, and desperately needs cutting back. However, there are several bees buzzing round it so maybe it still has something to offer?

It looks so untidy but I won't deprive the bees so will turn a blind eye
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jul 17, 7:20 PM
    • 7,207 Posts
    • 15,924 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker

I have a sprawling Lavender plant in the front garden. It's what I would call "gone over" i.e. past it's best, and desperately needs cutting back. However, there are several bees buzzing round it so maybe it still has something to offer?

Originally posted by joansgirl
    My lavender has gone all leggy too - it deserves better than my sporadic attention!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 13th Jul 17, 7:22 PM
    • 7,207 Posts
    • 15,924 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    My little moan is people who don't know how to indicate on double mini roundabouts and people who aren't ready to pull away on traffic light controlled roundabouts!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 13th Jul 17, 9:59 PM
    • 2,378 Posts
    • 2,965 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Irritating , another poster on a different thread , not you lot on here. You are all alright ( well most of the time ) . I've just upset them anyway. So if I'm not around tomorrow, its been nice knowing you.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 13th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    • 8,272 Posts
    • 27,699 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Irritating , another poster on a different thread , not you lot on here. You are all alright ( well most of the time ) . I've just upset them anyway. So if I'm not around tomorrow, its been nice knowing you.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    There are some oversensitive cockwombles on the forum at the moment, don't let it get you down. (Not to mention the ridiculous ppr'ing, reporting type rules)
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 13th Jul 17, 10:40 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    gonebust

Originally posted by joansgirl

Let it go this season then cut it right back ,

I used to have a south facing front garden given over to car parking and all I could grow around the edges was lavender. Once the summer was over I cut the flowers and gave them to neighbours then cut the bushes right back. English lavender is pretty hardy, I'm no gardener , it always survived
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 13th Jul 17, 10:48 PM
    • 26,758 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Square-line down pipes ?
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Do you mean the pipes are square rather than round? Yes they are. Although I think they were previously round.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 13th Jul 17, 10:50 PM
    • 26,758 Posts
    • 14,423 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    It's more that the heavy drops fall onto the plastic drain cover, which, being over a hole, makes the sound resonate.
    I reckon if I put a plant pot of earth on the drain cover, for the drops to fall onto, it should solve the problem.
    Hopefully she won't mind.
    I'll have to wait until it next rains, though.

I know she has had a couple of men look at it, fiddle with the gutter, and it still happens. Crazy.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    At our front it it is like a waterfall onto the sheltered area in front of the door.
    • creative gal
    • By creative gal 14th Jul 17, 6:14 AM
    • 72 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    creative gal
    Getting woken up by my husband's alarm clock this morning, as he wakes up about 45 minutes before me. Just as well I had an early night last night.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jul 17, 10:23 AM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 4,461 Thanks
    Penitent
    Shiny laptop screen + dark film. No idea what's happening 'cause all I can see is my own ugly mug.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 14th Jul 17, 10:25 AM
    • 7,156 Posts
    • 19,506 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Having had time off sick & hauled back into work & at last on leave, husband is feeling puny & doesn't want to do anything!
    (Oh aye, & It's My Fault for giving him this bug.)
    • hunters
    • By hunters 14th Jul 17, 10:39 AM
    • 698 Posts
    • 1,978 Thanks
    hunters
    Well another day off, got up earlyish and trimmed some greenery in the garden. Now I'm irritated because on my day off yesterday I didn't do much! Feel it was wasted, irritated that I still haven't sorted out house insurance either. Maybe today .. or tomorrow ... or the next day, oops! That's Sunday, so another excuse not to.
    Originally posted by Bula Ciorapescu
    Goodness a few people needing to renew their house insurance, try reading the Insurance Board up that way ^^ and if I were you I'd use a cash back site and do it all online.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Jul 17, 10:50 AM
    • 50,651 Posts
    • 138,345 Thanks
    colinw
    Goodness a few people needing to renew their house insurance, try reading the Insurance Board up that way ^^ and if I were you I'd use a cash back site and do it all online.
    Originally posted by hunters
    Yes a few needing to renew their house insurance at the moment
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th Jul 17, 11:05 AM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 4,461 Thanks
    Penitent
    Originally posted by hunters
    In my case, I know all the stuff I'm supposed to do, I just don't have the faculties to compare all the small print stuff at the moment. I know she's happy with what she's covered for with the current one and I don't want to risk switching and it turning out she's not covered for something she wants.

Yes a few needing to renew their house insurance at the moment
    Originally posted by colinw
    I only saw two of us. Considering the number of people with insurance, the number who will need to renew in any given month and the number of people who post here, I don't think it's that weird that two of us would have the same renewal month. Am I missing something?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Jul 17, 11:17 AM
    • 50,651 Posts
    • 138,345 Thanks
    colinw
    In my case, I know all the stuff I'm supposed to do, I just don't have the faculties to compare all the small print stuff at the moment. I know she's happy with what she's covered for with the current one and I don't want to risk switching and it turning out she's not covered for something she wants.

I only saw two of us. Considering the number of people with insurance, the number who will need to renew in any given month and the number of people who post here, I don't think it's that weird that two of us would have the same renewal month. Am I missing something?
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Sorry Penitent I did not even know you were after it as well...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 14th Jul 17, 11:53 AM
    • 8,272 Posts
    • 27,699 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Actually now you've mentioned it my buildings insurance is due for renewal in September, so I should really start looking in to it now. I'm with Churchill at the moment and the one time we had to make a claim they were an absolute nightmare to deal with so want to move to someone less rage inducing.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Jul 17, 12:02 PM
    • 50,651 Posts
    • 138,345 Thanks
    colinw
    Actually now you've mentioned it my buildings insurance is due for renewal in September, so I should really start looking in to it now. I'm with Churchill at the moment and the one time we had to make a claim they were an absolute nightmare to deal with so want to move to someone less rage inducing.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I have stuck with John Lewis the last few years as they have a good reputation and the price has not been bad really....and House Insurance is something I don't really want to take to many risks on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,443Posts Today

8,344Users online

Martin's Twitter