Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 7,818Posts
    • 25,691Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 26
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Jul 17, 3:11 PM
    • 7,818 Posts
    • 25,691 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Mclateface, enjoying his new role as supervisor keeps telling me to do work I've already done (because I turn up on time )
    Which is irritating because then it looks like I'm only getting stuff done because of his superior management skills, and he looks like he's being really proactive and good at his job when all he's doing is basically naming stuff I've done anyway.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Jul 17, 3:40 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    Penitent
    Mclateface, enjoying his new role as supervisor keeps telling me to do work I've already done (because I turn up on time )
    Which is irritating because then it looks like I'm only getting stuff done because of his superior management skills, and he looks like he's being really proactive and good at his job when all he's doing is basically naming stuff I've done anyway.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Sounds like more of a postactive management style than a proactive one.

One of my former managers had a Buckaroo style of management. He'd see how much work he could pile onto people before they kicked (or broke).
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Jul 17, 6:28 PM
    • 25,891 Posts
    • 13,699 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Very irritated at being woken up at 2am by neighbour's dripping gutter. Could even hear it over the radio. Couldn't get back to sleep for ages.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Ours does this every time it rains. We have had workman out and it makes no difference. We even got new guttering last year and it still happens.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 12th Jul 17, 6:32 PM
    • 11,973 Posts
    • 45,983 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Very irritated at being woken up at 2am by neighbour's dripping gutter. Could even hear it over the radio. Couldn't get back to sleep for ages.
    I have a similar issue with my neighbours TV aerial Slightest bit of wind and it rattles and bangs, vibrates right down the chimney
    Last edited by joansgirl; 12-07-2017 at 6:37 PM.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Jul 17, 6:40 PM
    • 27,189 Posts
    • 98,785 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Ours does this every time it rains. We have had workman out and it makes no difference. We even got new guttering last year and it still happens.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I have a similar issue with my neighbours TV aerial Slightest bit of wind and it rattles and bangs, vibrates right down the chimney
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    It's more that the heavy drops fall onto the plastic drain cover, which, being over a hole, makes the sound resonate.
    I reckon if I put a plant pot of earth on the drain cover, for the drops to fall onto, it should solve the problem.
    Hopefully she won't mind.
    I'll have to wait until it next rains, though.

I know she has had a couple of men look at it, fiddle with the gutter, and it still happens. Crazy.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 12th Jul 17, 8:09 PM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 1,713 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Embace the ear plugs, Pyx (What are they doing?)

(The ones in those packets look horrid, though. Even though they've been sterilised! )
    There's a word you don't want to see associated with fish sausages.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    • 1,514 Posts
    • 6,675 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The hard skin on my left heel split overnight last night and has been very painfull all day
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1681.5
    This week 64.8
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 12th Jul 17, 8:49 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    gonebust
    Or if you really want to be savage: "I may be fat, but if I wanted to I could !!!! your dad and make you my step child"
    I just soaked my screen in Diet Coke reading that one
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 12th Jul 17, 8:52 PM
    • 2,204 Posts
    • 2,535 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Originally posted by donnajunkie

Square-line down pipes ?
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 12th Jul 17, 9:05 PM
    • 3,976 Posts
    • 8,444 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I've had hiccups for about 20 minutes, the kind that hurt
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Jul 17, 10:45 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    Penitent
    I accidentally stayed up too late and seem to have found myself in a silly mood. Logging off before I embarrass myself further.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Jul 17, 9:40 AM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    Penitent
    Pharmacy told me that if I called to let them know I had a paid-for scrip coming, they'd make sure the delivery bloke had change. I called them to let them know. Delivery bloke had no idea I needed to pay and wasn't even sure how much the charge is. Thankfully, he had a bit of change in his pocket and I knew how much I needed to pay. What was the point of getting me to call?

I have the most astounding ability to injure myself while doing absolutely nothing. I seem to have done something atrocious to my back during the night. Must have slept in a weird position. This + feeling rough due to staying up too late = grumpy Penitent.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 13th Jul 17, 10:05 AM
    • 7,818 Posts
    • 25,691 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Sounds like more of a postactive management style than a proactive one.

One of my former managers had a Buckaroo style of management. He'd see how much work he could pile onto people before they kicked (or broke).
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I don't know much about management styles but that sounds about right.
    He's even got new supervisor body language - he leans back in his chair and puts his hands behind his head and basically just sits there like that, god knows what thoughts are running through his head...what to get for lunch, probably.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Jul 17, 10:36 AM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    Penitent
    I don't know much about management styles but that sounds about right.
    He's even got new supervisor body language - he leans back in his chair and puts his hands behind his head and basically just sits there like that, god knows what thoughts are running through his head...what to get for lunch, probably.
    Ha! Neither do I. The proactive one is the only "real" one, the others are just my own "affectionate" labels.
    • gonebust
    • By gonebust 13th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    gonebust
    Having to decide what to make for dinner

Every flipping day I have to not only decide what to have but to cook it as well. Every flipping day

So today I say what will we have for dinner and the only suggestion coming my way is " something nice".
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 13th Jul 17, 11:25 AM
    • 7,818 Posts
    • 25,691 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Having to decide what to make for dinner

Every flipping day I have to not only decide what to have but to cook it as well. Every flipping day

So today I say what will we have for dinner and the only suggestion coming my way is " something nice".
    Originally posted by gonebust
    Start doing beans on toast every day - I'm sure the suggestions will start to flow after a week or two
    • Sheel
    • By Sheel 13th Jul 17, 12:25 PM
    • 44,786 Posts
    • 40,094 Thanks
    Sheel
    Start doing beans on toast every day - I'm sure the suggestions will start to flow after a week or two
    After all those beans it wouldn't be the only thing flowing!
    Not long now
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 13th Jul 17, 2:17 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    Nuisance calls. This one number has been calling me every day for a long time now and at different times of day. It's obviously a recording so clearly you can't reason with it but it's so annoying because I don't know how to stop it.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Jul 17, 3:44 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 3,545 Thanks
    Penitent
    I can't decide where to go for my home insurance.
    Originally posted by Bula Ciorapescu
    I'm having the same problem. I'm having trouble making sure all the quotes come with the same T&Cs. I know it's not very money-saving, but I'm probably going to let ours auto-renew.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 13th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    • 6,784 Posts
    • 12,456 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Nuisance calls. This one number has been calling me every day for a long time now and at different times of day. It's obviously a recording so clearly you can't reason with it but it's so annoying because I don't know how to stop it.
    Originally posted by Piscean1991
    Normally if you listen to the recorded call, there is an option "if you wish to remove your number from our list - please press (a number). The number you press varies. If you can hold on for an extra 20-30 seconds.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

388Posts Today

4,478Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin