Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,132Posts
    • 27,180Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 25
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 11th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 17,005 Posts
    • 44,701 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    So for the second week in a row, whilst walking across the park to go swimming i've had a group of kids shout at me and tell me i'm a fat !!!!!. Don;t get me wrong i've been fatter longer than the brats have been alive but it still makes me feel like crap. Its not like i'm not aware of the fact i'm fat (hence trying to do some exercise to lose weight). Its why i stopped doing couch to 5k cos i got sick of little brats making comments. I was bullied badly in school and every comment just takes me back there. Which is ridiculous i'm a 30 year old woman i shouldn't care what kids say. But it still hurts
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    weight lost: 1lbs
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 11th Jul 17, 9:55 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 15,699 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    So for the second week in a row, whilst walking across the park to go swimming i've had a group of kids shout at me and tell me i'm a fat !!!!!. Don;t get me wrong i've been fatter longer than the brats have been alive but it still makes me feel like crap. Its not like i'm not aware of the fact i'm fat (hence trying to do some exercise to lose weight). Its why i stopped doing couch to 5k cos i got sick of little brats making comments. I was bullied badly in school and every comment just takes me back there. Which is ridiculous i'm a 30 year old woman i shouldn't care what kids say. But it still hurts
    Originally posted by xXMessedUpXx
    Rise above it MU!! I know it's no consolation but what do these little !!!!!s know about life and what will they ever learn?
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 11th Jul 17, 10:28 PM
    • 8,132 Posts
    • 27,180 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I have eaten EVERYTHING. I don't know if we're close to the full moon and my transformation is almost upon me, but I've been ravenously hungry and managed to eat a whole pizza (cheese feast, stuffed crust), followed by a Yorkie, followed by toast.
    I'm not going to be able to do my jeans up tomorrow.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 11th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 8,132 Posts
    • 27,180 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Little do they know that in a few short years life and hormones will have played their part and some of them will be fat in turn. It's mother natures karma
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Jul 17, 10:31 PM
    • 29,617 Posts
    • 108,840 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I have eaten EVERYTHING. I don't know if we're close to the full moon and my transformation is almost upon me, but I've been ravenously hungry and managed to eat a whole pizza (cheese feast, stuffed crust), followed by a Yorkie, followed by toast.
    I'm not going to be able to do my jeans up tomorrow.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    There was a sci-fi series once, where there was a very subtle alien invasion, and the female humans were getting impregnated by the aliens and then they were ravenously hungry all the time, and the alien foetuses were growing really quickly and so you feared the worst, and then the series ended and they didn't commission another one.
    Bustards.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 11th Jul 17, 10:58 PM
    • 7,237 Posts
    • 13,244 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    There's even a Wikipedia page devoted to it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grunting_in_tennis
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Some of these noises these tennis players make, you wonder do they make similar noises in the bedroom department?
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 11th Jul 17, 11:01 PM
    • 7,237 Posts
    • 13,244 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    What the blazes?
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    Look minging.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Jul 17, 12:48 AM
    • 26,462 Posts
    • 14,233 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The workmen have damaged something electrical and Southern Electric have come to repair it. Our electric won't have to be switched off but the repair is outside my house. The damage was done at lunchtime, they've been outside, 3 vans, since 3pm. All they've done is stand around effing and jeffing and ordering their chinese. The work is going to start at 11pm and will take about 4 hours

I understand not doing it at dinner time but it happened at 1ish. The building work will resume at 7.30am, it's going to be a long night and day
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    We have been subjected to people taking several weeks just to do next doors garden, putting paving stones down etc. It's not a very big garden either. To be fair they are volunteers I think.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Jul 17, 12:52 AM
    • 26,462 Posts
    • 14,233 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I feel like I am being followed around the forum well I know I am and it's starting to get irritating, the best thing would be to ignore it but now it's starting to bug me....
    Originally posted by colinw
    I get this if I ever post in a thread related to welfare. I get the same plonkers talking rubbish, twisting my words etc.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 12th Jul 17, 1:14 AM
    • 4,151 Posts
    • 8,762 Thanks
    minimad1970
    We have been subjected to people taking several weeks just to do next doors garden, putting paving stones down etc. It's not a very big garden either. To be fair they are volunteers I think.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    The electric work is being done, I can barely hear my tv over the noise of the drilling. The ongoing building/renovations are going to be another 20 weeks.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Jul 17, 7:18 AM
    • 29,617 Posts
    • 108,840 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Very irritated at being woken up at 2am by neighbour's dripping gutter. Could even hear it over the radio. Couldn't get back to sleep for ages.

Apparently, fish sausages were made in mediaeval times.

This is a mediaeval fish sausage recipe:-

Source [Koge Bog, Martin Forest (trans.)]: LV - To make sausage of chopped fish. If you want to make sausage of this fish then take cloves, nutmeg flowers, small raisins, saffron and mix it with each other. Make of it sausages each one finger long and put in seething water and let well seethe. When they are well cooked take them up and put over them a brown sauce. Take thin ale, vinegar and gingerbread, let this well seethe and throw in herbs to taste. If you want it quite good take good wine and small raisins (called corinths). UNQUOTE

There a lot of recipes for them online, and some sound nice.

They are made in Japan, and seem to be a traditional dish in Scotland.

They were introduced during the First World War too.

I don't know why I've never heard of them, in that case.
    (The ones in those packets look horrid, though. Even though they've been sterilised! )

By the way, 'corinths' is thought to be the origin of the word 'currant'.
    Interesting, rather than irritating.
    Just saying.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jul 17, 8:24 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Don't let them get to you! I need to lose a lot of weight myself and when I see other overweight people at least trying (like couch to 5k), I admire them for at least having the get up and go plus courage to do it!
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 12th Jul 17, 9:04 AM
    • 7,070 Posts
    • 19,105 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Still feeling less than my usual self but horrified by fish sausage photos, much intrigued by medieval recipe (saffron? Ye gods status foodstuff or what!) & wishing I could hug you MU!
    Them little mouthy blighters will eventually reap what they are sewing, but in the meantime, keep on walking, swimming, living a healthy (and intelligently MSE!) lifestyle and plan to enjoy the best revenge - a life well lived.
    Of course it hurts, but in the long term their folly will hurt them far more. Even as it don't half sting you at the time, but do plan for the long game.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 12th Jul 17, 10:26 AM
    • 1,411 Posts
    • 4,052 Thanks
    Izadora
    MU - I know it doesn't make it hurt any less but try to remind yourself that you'll always be lovely, whatever your size, and they'll always be stupid little !!!!!s.

I'm irritated by how much it rained last night/this morning. I'm going to a festival tomorrow and am worried that the whole site's going to turn into a churned up bog.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 12th Jul 17, 11:38 AM
    • 3,384 Posts
    • 5,789 Thanks
    avogadro
    Sadly, people with weight problems seem to be the latest fashionable thing to 'bash'. (It used to be single mothers). The media has a lot to answer for. I hope you won't let it put you off going for your swim MU. Exercise releases feel-good endorphins.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Jul 17, 12:07 PM
    • 2,050 Posts
    • 8,451 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The correct retort is "I can lose weight but you will always be ugly"
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2631.8
    This week 71.4
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    • 29,617 Posts
    • 108,840 Thanks
    Pyxis
    the correct retort is "i can lose weight but you will always be ugly"
    Originally posted by wizard of id

beating the capitals censor
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Jul 17, 1:18 PM
    • 8,132 Posts
    • 27,180 Thanks
    fairy lights
    The correct retort is "I can lose weight but you will always be ugly"
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Or if you really want to be savage: "I may be fat, but if I wanted to I could !!!! your dad and make you my step child"
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Jul 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2,050 Posts
    • 8,451 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I am still too well off to qualify for any benefits
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2631.8
    This week 71.4
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 12th Jul 17, 3:03 PM
    • 7,237 Posts
    • 13,244 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    The amount of Thank You Teacher crap we sell.

One of my friends is a teacher and they have asked pupils not to give presents. The school didn't reveal the reason to parents. She told me last year, one of them received 28 TYT mugs with 5 designs.

I know that some think the teachers are ungrateful but how would you like it yourself. Then its storing them!

I seen loads of TYT stuff in charity shops
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,001Posts Today

6,220Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin