Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 7,971Posts
    • 26,562Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 22
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 9th Jul 17, 6:10 PM
    • 2,438 Posts
    • 2,383 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Bought a pack of 8 razor blades a few weeks ago, opens up pack to change blade on my razor, does not fit, I only ended up buying wrong ones, bought mach 3 instead of fusion.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th Jul 17, 6:32 PM
    • 12,204 Posts
    • 46,740 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I'm hungry, I want food but the extra heat generated by the cooker may cause me to spontaneously combust
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 28,149 Posts
    • 102,727 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I'm hungry, I want food but the extra heat generated by the cooker may cause me to spontaneously combust
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Microwave?

Salad sarnie?

Or open the back door while the oven is on?

Or get a takeaway?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Jul 17, 6:44 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th Jul 17, 6:55 PM
    • 12,204 Posts
    • 46,740 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Microwave?

Salad sarnie?

Or open the back door while the oven is on?

Or get a takeaway?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Nothing microwaveable here

No salad, can't eat it, it causes too much indigestion

Back door IS open but I think it's warmer outside than it is in here

Takeaway????????? That's not very is it Pyxis? Wash your mouth out!

Think I'll settle for a cheese sarnie although the bread may cause problems tomorrow
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 49,607 Posts
    • 135,747 Thanks
    colinw
    Bought a pack of 8 razor blades a few weeks ago, opens up pack to change blade on my razor, does not fit, I only ended up buying wrong ones, bought mach 3 instead of fusion.
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    Razor blade nightmare I have about 50 packets I can offer you a good price
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 10th Jul 17, 8:39 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    Dreamt someone was singing Ye Banks and Braes and now I can't get it out of my head.

Homesickness. Woke up feeling homesick and made the mistake of looking on Right Move at all the things I could buy outright back home, but some days I can't even open the door to put rubbish out, so moving 150 miles away isn't going to happen any time soon.

I'm also really frustrated with the DWP. I've been in the assessment phase of ESA since April last year and it's going to be at least another 3 months until I'm assessed. You're meant to be assessed within 13 weeks, but home visits are taking upwards of 18 months here. I'm fed up of being in limbo. I just want it over with so I know one way or the other.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 10th Jul 17, 6:46 PM
    • 3,702 Posts
    • 10,751 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone's irritations'

Been to the post office and if I go early in the morning, I always seem to get the one serving who always gets it wrong.
    I had one parcel, and said (in plain English) 'Can I send this 2nd class signed for please?' She repeated '2nd class signed, okay'
    So we weighed the thing, she started typing, stuck the sticker on and I noticed that she hadn't done the signed for sticker and said 'I asked for signed for'
    And she replied 'oh, I didn't hear that bit'.............. SHE REPEATED IT FFS!!
    Makes me wonder how many other requests she gets wrong 'cos she either gets distracted by people waffling on about pork pies, or it's like she's away with the fairies.
    Then at the supermarket, I went to the self serving till (I know...) and tried to scan cheese slices. It came up with 'price check' so one of the assistants came to correct it, and then said to me - 'why does it say nappies?' How the fudge do I know? I never have had to buy nappies (she even looked inside my shopping trolley - which is fair enough, but asking me why it said nappies came across a bit numptyish. Never mind.
    Grumbles over - carry on
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 10th Jul 17, 7:17 PM
    • 7,971 Posts
    • 26,562 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Had chips for tea but they didn't taste as good as they smelled and now I feel an overwhelming sense of regret and hopelessness.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 10th Jul 17, 7:25 PM
    • 28,149 Posts
    • 102,727 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Had chips for tea but they didn't taste as good as they smelled and now I feel an overwhelming sense of regret and hopelessness.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Poor fairy lights; first a duff malt loaf, and then suicide-inducing chips.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 10th Jul 17, 8:47 PM
    • 1,697 Posts
    • 7,417 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Irresponsible dog owner

Out walking with my dog (on lead) and from behind a bush came a terrier type dog (not on lead) and with teeth bared made a lunge for my dogs throat, luckily my dog was quick enough and got out of the way. After what seemed like a lifetime the owner of the other dog arrived and dragged it away.
    His only words to me were "yes he is a bit wary of other dogs that are ON a lead".
    I was left standing there speechless with steam coming out of my ears
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 2027.6
    This week 70.3
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 10th Jul 17, 8:58 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Trying to solve a mystery. Night vision camera on elderly parents of a friend, showing what looks like a ghost.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 10th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    I want to go to bed and read for a bit, but I've finally found an entertaining wind-up thread and I want to see what crap he comes out with next.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 10th Jul 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    avogadro
    I want to go to bed and read for a bit, but I've finally found an entertaining wind-up thread and I want to see what crap he comes out with next.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Post 36 made me laugh
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 10th Jul 17, 9:25 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    Post 36 made me laugh
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Me too. That's the point where I realised it was a wind-up. I was willing to accept he was just a spectacularly clueless landlord until that point.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 10th Jul 17, 9:26 PM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    avogadro
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72817269&postcount=68

I think it might be Todd123
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 10th Jul 17, 9:32 PM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 3,691 Thanks
    cbrown372
    Going to the loo at the wrong time during the Nadal match
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jul 17, 12:23 AM
    • 26,063 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Do them the old fashioned way. Proper frying pan, lard, fresh potatoes. Then perhaps add bread with plenty of butter and mushy peas and have a chip and mushy pea butty. Best thing ever. the only sandwich I like more is chicken breast with the skin still on and stuffing sandwiches.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jul 17, 12:24 AM
    • 26,063 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Trying to solve a mystery. Night vision camera on elderly parents of a friend, showing what looks like a ghost.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    A side point to this, why is the picture quality on cctv always garbage?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jul 17, 12:26 AM
    • 26,063 Posts
    • 13,872 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Going to the loo at the wrong time during the Nadal match
    Originally posted by cbrown372
    You certainly need the pause and rewind live tv function at such times.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,295Posts Today

10,828Users online

Martin's Twitter