Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,479Posts
    • 28,574Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 218
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Feb 18, 10:35 AM
    • 33,194 Posts
    • 122,338 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I went to post an irritation on here, but couldn't find the thread on my user cp list, so went into the forum and found that I'd accidentally unsubscribed from it.

So I re-subscribed, but now I can't remember what I was going to post about.

That has irritated me now.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Feb 18, 11:14 AM
    • 33,194 Posts
    • 122,338 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I have just had a bit better read of this thread from two days ago (when I must have unwittingly unsubscribed from it) and

You're all a frog of mad boxes!

Yup. Isn't Easter a variation on the name of the Pagan holiday as well?
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Yes, the Spring festival was named after the goddess Eostre (Ostara), the goddess of dawn, bringer of light, and by association, of fertility. Associated with eggs and the hare.

How do you know he doesn't wear a dress????
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Yeah, nowt wrong with a man or anyone else wearing a dress/robe/kaftan/toga/kilt or whatever. Wasn't there a thread/part of a thread about that recently?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Feb 18, 11:38 AM
    • 7,464 Posts
    • 9,738 Thanks
    Sleazy
    My tablet keeps dropping the internet connection (like every couple of seconds). My wife's laptop that I'm on now, works fine ....

Maybe I 'need' a new tablet. I wonder what Maslow would have to say!
    Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards Couch Potatoes
    • Guh Guh Gok
    • By Guh Guh Gok 15th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Guh Guh Gok
    My tablet keeps dropping the internet connection (like every couple of seconds). My wife's laptop that I'm on now, works fine ....

Maybe I 'need' a new tablet. I wonder what Maslow would have to say!
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Probably that you're already at the top in the hierarchy since you could post that and to keep borrowing!

(That's a tease BTW, not intended to be serious.)
    Last edited by Guh Guh Gok; 15-02-2018 at 12:13 PM. Reason: T's
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    • 33,194 Posts
    • 122,338 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I wonder what Maslow would have to say!
    I had to google Maslow..... not come across that before.

Very interesting.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 15th Feb 18, 12:22 PM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 17,389 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Get a Chromecast or similar. Allows you to "cast" most stuff to the telly from a computer or tablet assuming you have an HDMI socket spare.
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    The whole moving to catchup type thing really irritates me

Some of us can't afford to have unlimited internet at £65 a month!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 15th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 7,523 Posts
    • 13,858 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Thanks for the warning Penitent, I like the quorn sausage rolls too .... and their 'chicken' nuggets and 'steak' slices ... will beware of the other stuff you mentioned. Oh, and I buy their 'mince' too. Never got on with any vegetarian 'bacon' rashers though ... and just to sum up, I find tofu rather tasteless.

I'm irritated today because it's really windy here, so much so that we only had a 20 minute walk which was enough ... on holiday and stuck indoors ...
    I like Quorn Peppered Steaks.

Don't waste your money on Qourn chorizo. Everyone said its disgusting.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Feb 18, 12:37 PM
    • 33,194 Posts
    • 122,338 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I like Quorn Peppered Steaks.

Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I had a hot veggie sausage baguette in Sainsbury's cafe yesterday, but it was horrible. I only ate about a third of it. The baguette was ok, but the sausage.... yuk.

And why do they never butter sausage baguettes/sarnies? Dry bread round a sausage of any variety is so.......dry! I don't understand it.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Penitent
    • By Penitent 15th Feb 18, 1:08 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 6,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    The whole moving to catchup type thing really irritates me

Some of us can't afford to have unlimited internet at £65 a month!
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    How much?! We're paying less than half that for unlimited. Is the £65 for fibre?
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 15th Feb 18, 1:26 PM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 17,389 Thanks
    indesisiv
    How much?! We're paying less than half that for unlimited. Is the £65 for fibre?
    Yes that's fibre... The slowest version I can get is actually £55 a month (just the Internet with no calls)
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 15th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 6,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    Yes that's fibre... The slowest version I can get is actually £55 a month (just the Internet with no calls)
    Ah, we have standard bb. Netflix, 4oD, etc. run fine with only the odd laggy moment, and we're actually in a relatively slow area for standard bb. Ookla says I'm chugging along at 4.1 Mbps at the moment, but I think it varies from about 2-5 Mbps in this area. If I was with a provider that used traffic shaping I'd pay even less, but the speed would be hopeless.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 15th Feb 18, 1:47 PM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 17,389 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Ah, we have standard bb. Netflix, 4oD, etc. run fine with only the odd laggy moment, and we're actually in a relatively slow area for standard bb. Ookla says I'm chugging along at 4.1 Mbps at the moment, but I think it varies from about 2-5 Mbps in this area. If I was with a provider that used traffic shaping I'd pay even less, but the speed would be hopeless.
    They are phasing out the standard broadband around here. Its all 150/300 fibre to property now. It used to be less than 1mbs when I was on broadband though.
    If there was a cheaper provider I could use I would!!!

Cheapest available is, 200gb limit per month for £39.99
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 15th Feb 18, 2:00 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 6,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    They are phasing out the standard broadband around here. Its all 150/300 fibre to property now. It used to be less than 1mbs when I was on broadband though.
    If there was a cheaper provider I could use I would!!!

Cheapest available is, 200gb limit per month for £39.99
    Jeez. I was feeling hard done by paying £24 for standard unlimited.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 15th Feb 18, 2:07 PM
    • 5,213 Posts
    • 17,389 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Jeez. I was feeling hard done by paying £24 for standard unlimited.
    haha that's dreamland around here.

This is why the whole catchup thing is so irritating ... if there was cheap unlimited broadband then I wouldn't mind. My tv has IPlayer built in too lol.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 15th Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 4,426 Thanks
    Izadora
    I actually quite like the chorizo, I realise that I'm in a minority though

I don't mind their pies which need cooking but can't stand their pastry on sausage rolls/pork pies etc.

I had a hot veggie sausage baguette in Sainsbury's cafe yesterday, but it was horrible. I only ate about a third of it. The baguette was ok, but the sausage.... yuk.

And why do they never butter sausage baguettes/sarnies? Dry bread round a sausage of any variety is so.......dry! I don't understand it.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I find Quorn sausages quite icky, and very bland, but Cauldron are good.

I have the opposite problem with sausage sarnies. I always ask for no butter but regularly end up with some anyway, it's even worse if they've used cheap marg instead of proper butter.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 15th Feb 18, 2:18 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 6,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    Following with the food theme...

We used to buy sausage and tomato batches on the way home from work. The peeled plum tomatoes make a bloody mess, but they taste so good.

Every now and then, you'd get someone in the cafe who didn't understand the concept of a sausage and tomato batch and would give you a deconstructed version with the tomatoes in a separate bag to the sausage batch. My personal favourite, however, was the person who gave us a sausage batch in one bag and a grilled whole tomato in the other.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 15th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 6,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    Also, the Quorn "chicken" slices are edible, but I wouldn't buy them again. Someone who likes a bigger range of Quorn stuff might like them, though (I only really like the sausage rolls out of the stuff I've tried so far).
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 15th Feb 18, 2:32 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 4,981 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    haha that's dreamland around here.

This is why the whole catchup thing is so irritating ... if there was cheap unlimited broadband then I wouldn't mind. My tv has IPlayer built in too lol.
    Not asking exactly where you are obviously, but are you somewhere really remote?

I've just paid my monthly fibre bill. £38.00 It includes line rental, unlimited fibre, free call anytime, and a lot of free minutes to mobiles. It's £36 something normally, but you get charged for these numbers to businesses etc.
    That's an "expensive" rural area too. Plusnet.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 15th Feb 18, 2:34 PM
    • 7,523 Posts
    • 13,858 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My parents went to the hospital where mum had an op 3 weeks ago. Results from biopsy not back. Yesterday, they tried to ring them, but someone wrote down my parents; home number with two digits wrong way round - should have looked directly at full notes. Then they rang Dad when he in a medical appointment himself twice. Didn't bother to leave a message at all and missed calls listed as "private". They had time to ring my parents this morning as appointment was 11:20, but they didn't.

So my parents wasted a journey and £3 to park for nothing.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 15th Feb 18, 2:45 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 6,125 Thanks
    Penitent
    My parents went to the hospital where mum had an op 3 weeks ago. Results from biopsy not back. Yesterday, they tried to ring them, but someone wrote down my parents; home number with two digits wrong way round - should have looked directly at full notes. Then they rang Dad when he in a medical appointment himself twice. Didn't bother to leave a message at all and missed calls listed as "private". They had time to ring my parents this morning as appointment was 11:20, but they didn't.

So my parents wasted a journey and £3 to park for nothing.
    I agree with it being annoying, but just a small point--the person who rings to cancel your appointment very rarely has your full notes in front of them (usually just a screen with whatever contact details they have for you) and they're sometimes prevented from leaving a message for data protection reasons.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,682Users online

Martin's Twitter