Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,486Posts
    • 28,598Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 214
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 4:19 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent

No, that's far too dignified. I'd google for a picture but I think Mr Google would think I was some kind of pervert.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 4:23 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent
    Oh yes - I forgot about the "presenting" bit!

Moose even stood over her, grabbing her neck with his mouth!
    Originally posted by Flick216
    Yup, ours looked even more undignified when the other cat tried to indulge her. He was huge and she was tiny, so it was like watching an elephant trying to balance itself on a bedside table.

Our house was basically three months of "Yowl" "No" "YOWL" "NO" "YOOOWWWLL" "GET OFF HER!"
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th Feb 18, 5:00 PM
    • 3,937 Posts
    • 3,387 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Fed up with those """""" neighbours and their excuses, after being fobbed off so long I got council involved and got a cheeky note through my door stating they are having a party tonight AS IS THEIR RIGHT TO DO SO.

So decided to blast my music out and see how THEY like it.

Its all thats stopping me just thumping them.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 12th Feb 18, 5:30 PM
    • 11,951 Posts
    • 15,932 Thanks
    MothballsWallet

I wish! Rocket basically wanders round the house trilling and yowling - especially at night. She is massively affectionate - especially at night and early morning.

It's very, very noisy!
    Originally posted by Flick216
    I didn't realise cats would be a great choice to join the Tory party....
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

Married to an immigrant.

Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent
    My internet cut out when I was in the middle of typing an important email. The save draft thing has only saved the first of three paragraphs (I assume the 'net cut-off while I was typing and I didn't notice), so now I need to remember what I typed.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 12th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 2,050 Posts
    • 5,013 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    My internet cut out when I was in the middle of typing an important email. The save draft thing has only saved the first of three paragraphs (I assume the 'net cut-off while I was typing and I didn't notice), so now I need to remember what I typed.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    That's never happene
    • ffacoffipawb
    • By ffacoffipawb 12th Feb 18, 6:53 PM
    • 2,428 Posts
    • 1,575 Thanks
    ffacoffipawb
    No, not peed on, but made to sleep with Katie Hopkins on a bed of nuclear waste.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    She is on the move, her house is up for sale ...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70897238.html

Actually looks like it has sold. Hope she took a big haircut!!!
    Last edited by ffacoffipawb; 12-02-2018 at 6:56 PM.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Feb 18, 9:37 PM
    • 27,283 Posts
    • 14,955 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The scavengers grabbing everything and barging people out of the way around the whoopsie section in Asda. Never seen anything like it before. One staff member found it great entertainment and was just stood there laughing while their colleague struggled to stay on his feet while reducing stuff.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 10:58 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent
    My brain won't shut up. I'm starting to wish I hadn't started looking into moving out, because my brain won't focus on anything else. The things I would do for a decent night's sleep...
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Feb 18, 11:18 PM
    • 27,283 Posts
    • 14,955 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    My brain won't shut up. I'm starting to wish I hadn't started looking into moving out, because my brain won't focus on anything else. The things I would do for a decent night's sleep...
    Just an idea. Try doing something that can require thought as it may distract you from the issue.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Feb 18, 9:08 AM
    • 51,956 Posts
    • 141,748 Thanks
    colinw
    Too much to mention today.....
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 13th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 7,888 Posts
    • 31,826 Thanks
    Flick216
    I still have a headache. I am pretty sure it's a sinus infection now.

I have not been well since having flu back in early Jan - really, really getting fed up now.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Feb 18, 10:01 AM
    • 7,491 Posts
    • 9,800 Thanks
    Sleazy
    At Gatport Airwick.
    Says it all!
    Grrrrr x 3

Just realised this isn't the three word thread, so best make it Grrrrr x 100!
    Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards Couch Potatoes
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Feb 18, 10:08 AM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent
    My mum bought some presents for her friend (who I've never met). She then started explaining how "we" needed to take the tags off, etc. ("we" means "you"). I told her I wasn't going to do it and she got huffy with me, saying she'd have to do it herself later. I already wrapped all the presents she bought for people at Xmas (including one of my own). She seems to think that because I already do all the household chores, deal with the bills, sort out repairs, etc., that I'm her PA. It's weird, I'm the one who's ill, but I seem to provide more care for her than she does for me.

I just can't keep up with looking after an entire house, so I suggested that if I'm awarded PIP I could hire a cleaner to help me out a bit, since that's the bit I most struggle with. She said no, because she doesn't like cleaners. She refused to explain why. On the plus side, she's stopped complaining about the floor being dusty.

Okay, maybe I'm not regretting looking into moving out.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Feb 18, 10:13 AM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent
    Do you think, if I listed ERNIE as my deity on the next census and maybe offered to perform rituals and exalt him, that he would give me enough money to buy a slightly less manky flat?
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 13th Feb 18, 12:37 PM
    • 3,937 Posts
    • 3,387 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Had to miss college today, been in severe chest pain from the noise, slept 13 hours in the end and only woken by one of the other neighbours (a junkie) ringing my buzzer demanding to get in, really hate where im staying now.

Then got call from the council stating the neighbour has refused mediation, can't give me exact reasons but says theres no chance now of its happening.

I assume neighbour has gotten upset at me not liking the fact she had a party to 5am last weekend and having over a dozen kids in her flat running about on laminate and a barking dog last night till 10pm!

Somehow SHES the victim.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent
    I keep seeing all these FB posts from Christians about boycotting eggs that don't say Easter. Did I miss the bit in the Bible where Jesus squatted down and laid a chocolate egg?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 13th Feb 18, 4:40 PM
    • 27,283 Posts
    • 14,955 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    the fact that you cant buy tracksuit bottoms to fit people under 7ft tall. even alot of the kids range are far too long. we just want some for hanging around the house in.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 13th Feb 18, 4:50 PM
    • 3,036 Posts
    • 11,884 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I keep seeing all these FB posts from Christians about boycotting eggs that don't say Easter. Did I miss the bit in the Bible where Jesus squatted down and laid a chocolate egg?
    The really funny bit is that the egg business was stolen from the Pagans and adapted to symbalise the rolling away of the stone.

Anyway it wasn't jesus that laid the chocolate egg it was the easter bunny
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 13th Feb 18, 5:19 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    Penitent
    the fact that you cant buy tracksuit bottoms to fit people under 7ft tall. even alot of the kids range are far too long. we just want some for hanging around the house in.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    I'm about 5'7" and I have short legs (relative to my body, I mean, they're not 10cm long). I bought trackie bottoms for exactly that reason and the length's fine. Got them from Amazon. (They look long on one of the photos, but they're not that long on me, especially not after they've been washed and tumbledried.)

The really funny bit is that the egg business was stolen from the Pagans and adapted to symbalise the rolling away of the stone.

Anyway it wasn't jesus that laid the chocolate egg it was the easter bunny
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Yup. Isn't Easter a variation on the name of the Pagan holiday as well?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,900Posts Today

7,781Users online

Martin's Twitter