Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,486Posts
    • 28,609Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 213
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 12th Feb 18, 8:52 AM
    • 13,841 Posts
    • 52,552 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I hate the way that cold weather makes my dog find more things to sniff at, I am standing there freezing my socks off and my nose is running like a mountain stream and he is happily sniffing at every tenth blade of grass.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I'm starting to think our dogs are related
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 9:18 AM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 6,255 Thanks
    Penitent
    It irritates me that anyone should feel guilty about claiming something they are eligible for.

Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    I know, I'm sure I never used to feel this way. It seems to have gotten worse the last few years. Can't imagine why.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 12th Feb 18, 9:27 AM
    • 33,283 Posts
    • 122,664 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I know, I'm sure I never used to feel this way. It seems to have gotten worse the last few years. Can't imagine why.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    It really isn't fair the way that all the publicity about 'scroungers' and the Government clampdowns on benefit fraud is making legitimate recipients of benefits feel guilty.

The benefits system is there for a reason, after all. I'm sure the vast majority of recipients would rather they weren't in the health or financial situation they're in that necessitates having to claim.

I have been watching re-runs of The Onedin Line, and it was terrible the way that people used to literally starve when there were no jobs, or if they couldn't work due to illness.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Feb 18, 9:47 AM
    • 7,535 Posts
    • 9,916 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I'm irritated because I've checked my usual threads and there's no more updates. I suppose that I shall have to sacrifice myself and have another coffee ..
    Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards Couch Potatoes
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 12th Feb 18, 10:43 AM
    • 7,888 Posts
    • 31,827 Thanks
    Flick216
    Kittens in heat!!!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 10:55 AM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 6,255 Thanks
    Penitent
    Kittens in heat!!!
    Originally posted by Flick216
    I feel your pain. One of mine went into heat one day and wouldn't come back out of it. We took her to the vet, who said they didn't usually spay animals while they were in heat. After some further, desperate negotiation, they agreed. After the op, the vet told us she was "a bit of an odd bod" and that her internal bits were oversized. No !!!!ing wonder, I thought, with the workout it's been getting.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Feb 18, 12:35 PM
    • 8,486 Posts
    • 28,609 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Didn't have time for breakfast so spent all morning fantasising about what I could get for lunch, and decided a sausage roll from the deli down the road would hit the spot. Lunchtime came and I merrily skipped down the road to discover it had closed for the week for half term, which not only seems like a pretty poor business strategy but means I'm now in a complete state of turmoil over what to get for lunch.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 12th Feb 18, 1:00 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Kittens in heat!!!
    Cats do start young

Reminds me of a friend who took her 6 month old cat to the vets to be neutered only to find out she was already pregnant. The vet said to take the cat back X weeks (can't remember how long) after she gives birth, unfortunately by this time she was pregnant again. After the second litter the decidedly unimpressed kitty wasn't allowed out of the house until the next visit to the vet.
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 12th Feb 18, 1:18 PM
    • 7,888 Posts
    • 31,827 Thanks
    Flick216
    Cats do start young

Reminds me of a friend who took her 6 month old cat to the vets to be neutered only to find out she was already pregnant. The vet said to take the cat back X weeks (can't remember how long) after she gives birth, unfortunately by this time she was pregnant again. After the second litter the decidedly unimpressed kitty wasn't allowed out of the house until the next visit to the vet.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    I can't imagine why she was let out of the house the first time!

Rocket is kept very firmly indoors at the moment! She is tiny but damn she's loud!
    ENFP - Assertive

• Flick216
    • By Flick216 12th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    • 7,888 Posts
    • 31,827 Thanks
    Flick216
    I feel your pain. One of mine went into heat one day and wouldn't come back out of it. We took her to the vet, who said they didn't usually spay animals while they were in heat. After some further, desperate negotiation, they agreed. After the op, the vet told us she was "a bit of an odd bod" and that her internal bits were oversized. No !!!!ing wonder, I thought, with the workout it's been getting.
    Wouldn't come out of heat?

I'm actually having nightmares.....
    ENFP - Assertive

• Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 1:27 PM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 6,255 Thanks
    Penitent

Rocket is kept very firmly indoors at the moment! She is tiny but damn she's loud!

Ours would sit on the windowsill, letting out this deep, plaintive bellow in a desperate attempt to bring the boys to the yard. The boys were staying out of her yard, whether she liked it or not. Tart.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 1:30 PM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 6,255 Thanks
    Penitent
    Wouldn't come out of heat?

I'm actually having nightmares.....
    FOR MONTHS! Hence the desperate vet visit. I joke about it now, but I did feel sorry for her. If a human is feeling that way inclined they have ways of attending to it, but this poor wee creature had the perpetual horn and no relief.
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 12th Feb 18, 1:37 PM
    • 7,888 Posts
    • 31,827 Thanks
    Flick216
    FOR MONTHS! Hence the desperate vet visit. I joke about it now, but I did feel sorry for her. If a human is feeling that way inclined they have ways of attending to it, but this poor wee creature had the perpetual horn and no relief.
    I think I am going to force feed her until Saturday so she is over 2kg!!

Disclaimer: I am obviously not going to force feed my kitten - she doesn't need it - she eats like a horse!
    ENFP - Assertive

• fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 8,486 Posts
    • 28,609 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I don't think I've ever actually witnessed a cat in heat, mine have all been male and I've got them in for the chop the second their balls are big enough.
    Do they just mope around feeling sorry for themselves and watching bridget jones diary and drinking rose?
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 12th Feb 18, 2:57 PM
    • 7,888 Posts
    • 31,827 Thanks
    Flick216
    I don't think I've ever actually witnessed a cat in heat, mine have all been male and I've got them in for the chop the second their balls are big enough.
    Do they just mope around feeling sorry for themselves and watching bridget jones diary and drinking rose?
    Originally posted by fairy lights

I wish! Rocket basically wanders round the house trilling and yowling - especially at night. She is massively affectionate - especially at night and early morning.

It's very, very noisy!
    ENFP - Assertive

• NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 12th Feb 18, 3:11 PM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 7,841 Thanks
    NBLondon
    People who haven't mastered the art of bagging shopping when using a self-service till.

1 Bag on output side
    2 Scan item and put item in bag
    3 Pay
    4 Pick up bag full of items

Why do some people scan the items and pile them up and then decide to spend 5 minutes bagging and holding up anyone else wanting to use the till?

(OK I know there's steps missing above 1a tell till you are using your own bag 1b Unexpected Item in Bagging Area 1c Swear under your breath 1d Wait for assistant to confirm to the till that it really is a bag)
    Womble #7 - Running Total £2.07 $0.12 €1.67 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 12th Feb 18, 3:11 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus

She just never considered the possibility that a cat that young could end up with a selection of (very cute) buns in the oven.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 12th Feb 18, 3:26 PM
    • 2,057 Posts
    • 6,255 Thanks
    Penitent
    Originally posted by fairy lights

I wish! Rocket basically wanders round the house trilling and yowling - especially at night. She is massively affectionate - especially at night and early morning.

It's very, very noisy!
    ^This, plus she would "present herself" to the other (de-balled) cat, the dog, humans, furniture, thin frickin' air...raging nympho, basically.
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 12th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 7,888 Posts
    • 31,827 Thanks
    Flick216
    ^This, plus she would "present herself" to the other (de-balled) cat, the dog, humans, furniture, thin frickin' air...raging nympho, basically.
    Oh yes - I forgot about the "presenting" bit!

Moose even stood over her, grabbing her neck with his mouth!
    ENFP - Assertive

• fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 12th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 8,486 Posts
    • 28,609 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Like this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,332Users online

Martin's Twitter