Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,471Posts
    • 28,548Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 211
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Feb 18, 11:44 AM
    • 1,984 Posts
    • 6,008 Thanks
    Penitent
    And I just realised I shouldn't really have brought this up due to the 1984 rules re: PPRs (they do not exist, they have never existed), but it is irritating seeing someone who's in need of help and isn't getting it at home.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th Feb 18, 11:47 AM
    • 3,013 Posts
    • 11,822 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I do think he's genuine. He's posted here before under different names. Unfortunately, he has anger management issues linked to a medical condition and would frequently become frustrated and lash out, leading to him being banned several times. It's a shame, because he clearly needs help and isn't getting it, but at the same time he can't expect to keep coming back here and being awful to people. I really wish he'd get the help he needs "IRL" instead of coming back here and ending up frustrated because we can't fix things for him.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I took it to be an attention seeking Troll that had found a 'hook' and was playing anyone that took the bait so I just ignored the thread.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Feb 18, 11:55 AM
    • 33,135 Posts
    • 122,116 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I don't know if it's a kink or if he just doesn't get the social etiquette surrounding talking about your nethers. Either way, I felt it was safer to ignore that bit. I only recommended seeing his doctor for the medical aspect he mentioned when someone else highlighted that part of his OP and would have left it there.
    I felt that what you said was just right....... factual, succinct and to the point.

If he was genuinely in need of help, what you said was very helpful.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 11th Feb 18, 12:04 PM
    • 7,441 Posts
    • 16,698 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Penitent, I know the thread you are talking about.

I know the posting history of the poster

He has a kink about his small penis and likes to get strangers online to indulge him. I couldn't pm you to warn you so I had to report the thread
    Originally posted by suki1964
    I didn't know my exOH was a member . .
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    • 1,984 Posts
    • 6,008 Thanks
    Penitent
    I am now irritated by Warwickshire. If you live in the middle of Coventry, you are under Coventry City Council and are part of the W. Mids. If you go north, east or south, you're under Warwickshire County Council and one of several Borough Councils (with all the stuff Councils do split between them in a non-intuitive way), but you may still have Coventry in your postal address.

Whoever came up with this arrangement should be peed on.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th Feb 18, 12:19 PM
    • 13,779 Posts
    • 52,356 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I didn't know my exOH was a member . .
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Pardon the pun
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 11th Feb 18, 12:29 PM
    • 10,553 Posts
    • 27,460 Thanks
    suki1964
    And I just realised I shouldn't really have brought this up due to the 1984 rules re: PPRs (they do not exist, they have never existed), but it is irritating seeing someone who's in need of help and isn't getting it at home.
    You handled him extremely well. You advised appropriately and you backed off when needed. You couldn't have done more

It is extremely sad there are people not getting the help they need.

Unfortunately this isn't the place. We can only advise to which agencies they need to contact

As for the small thing mentioned, if he doesn't get into Mr Angry mode and has managed to get a sympathetic ear, he will turn the conversation to it trying to goad posters into ridiculing him. He's done it before and was trying to again last night. I would never have reported the thread otherwise.
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Feb 18, 12:36 PM
    • 7,456 Posts
    • 9,693 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Pardon the pun
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I must be dopey today, took me a while to get it . Member ...
    Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards Couch Potatoes
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    • 1,984 Posts
    • 6,008 Thanks
    Penitent
    I really need to stop reading anything in DT. Why can some folk not discuss anything without belittling or insulting those who disagree with them? Do they not realise how silly they look?
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 11th Feb 18, 4:17 PM
    • 11,952 Posts
    • 15,930 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I am now irritated by Warwickshire. If you live in the middle of Coventry, you are under Coventry City Council and are part of the W. Mids. If you go north, east or south, you're under Warwickshire County Council and one of several Borough Councils (with all the stuff Councils do split between them in a non-intuitive way), but you may still have Coventry in your postal address.

No, not peed on, but made to sleep with Katie Hopkins on a bed of nuclear waste.
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

Married to an immigrant.

Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 11th Feb 18, 4:19 PM
    • 11,952 Posts
    • 15,930 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I don't know if it's a kink or if he just doesn't get the social etiquette surrounding talking about your nethers. Either way, I felt it was safer to ignore that bit. I only recommended seeing his doctor for the medical aspect he mentioned when someone else highlighted that part of his OP and would have left it there.
    Well, I'll talk to Mrs MbW about my nethers in private

(Note: she's a nurse, so the best person to ask first before I go to the GP so I don't waste their time.)

Married to an immigrant.

• Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 1,984 Posts
    • 6,008 Thanks
    Penitent
    No, not peed on, but made to sleep with Katie Hopkins on a bed of nuclear waste.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    Ha! I was starting to think it was just me that thought it was silly to have the name of one Council in your postal address, to pay your Council Tax to another, but to apply to a yet another one if you need social care. I was having quite the little mental over it earlier.

I've also just realised that my local GP and my local Job Centre are actually in another county, even though they're technically in the same city as me.
    Last edited by Penitent; 11-02-2018 at 4:37 PM.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 11th Feb 18, 4:50 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 4,931 Thanks
    Jackmydad

It's a council. Ergo it is annoying.
    All councils, government anything, and parking in my local town are all extremely annoying, and should be relegated to a deep, very hot, and gloomy oubliette in the darkest part of the seventh level of Hell.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 11th Feb 18, 4:54 PM
    • 11,952 Posts
    • 15,930 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    All councils, government anything, and parking in my local town are all extremely annoying, and should be relegated to a deep, very hot, and gloomy oubliette in the darkest part of the seventh level of Hell.
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Why the 7th? I thought the 9th would be better for councils since it's colder than a Siberian winter?

Married to an immigrant.

• OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 11th Feb 18, 4:58 PM
    • 7,441 Posts
    • 16,698 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Pardon the pun
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I must be dopey today, took me a while to get it . Member ...
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Accidental! Maybe I subconsciously think he's a !!!!!!

But he DID apologise for having a small one!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 11th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 4,931 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Why the 7th? I thought the 9th would be better for councils since it's colder than a Siberian winter?
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    The 9th level is no longer available due to funding cuts.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 11th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 3,926 Posts
    • 3,369 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Went to town earlier, as its half term there was gangs of kids/teenagers drinking and by their own admission taking drugs, was just starting to eat my food when 15 kids came in and sat down and were loud and witnessed them drinking alcohol, then 5 more came in a while after and stole crisps and drink and cookies from the counter when staff were at the back, I noticed this and one of the kids looked at me and said "what are you looking at you """"""" retard" I called him a little """ he threatened me so I stood up and he ran back to the table picked up a chair and said how he would do me in.

I walked up to him and told him to go ahead and he ran off, came back minutes later with about 7 older male teens who were threatening me, all thinking they were tough, and even funnily enough a boy who looked no older than 10, more like 8 telling me he would do me in, come on then, and tried spitting on me.

Decided best bet was to ignore them, the staff member was screaming at them to leave as well, other funny thing was the older teens who were there over 30 minutes at that point (none bad bought any food from the moment they entered) suddenly looked afraid of me and uncomfortable and "decided" to leave (I was sitting at table next to them)

Didn't want to leave myself just yet as there was at least 30 in total right outside the door and even though they were kids, (though a few older teens) they had the numbers and even if I fought back likely I would be in trouble with the police.

Eventually left 20 minutes later and the older teens were outside, they did I notice walk on other side of road but tried mocking me calling me the fatty weirdo, then when I ignored them one dropped his bottle of vodka on the ground and laughed.

Some half term this is!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Feb 18, 6:16 PM
    • 33,135 Posts
    • 122,116 Thanks
    Pyxis
    So, you don't like them, then?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 11th Feb 18, 6:34 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 4,931 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Whatever gave you that impression?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 7,456 Posts
    • 9,693 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Whatever gave you that impression?
    I couldn't decide if it was the seventh level bit or the oubliette!
    Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards Couch Potatoes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,994Posts Today

9,836Users online

Martin's Twitter