Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 7,821Posts
    • 25,708Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 21
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Jul 17, 12:01 PM
    • 49,285 Posts
    • 134,801 Thanks
    colinw
    People on here who might have some issues being mocked by other posters
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 8th Jul 17, 12:08 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 3,561 Thanks
    Penitent
    Hot day, everyone's got their windows open, some !!!!! decides to make us all listen to his crappy, pounding music. Probably could have heard it with windows shut due to bass vibrations.

Headache returned with a vengeance and I now hate literally everything. I could probably hate a kitten right now. Even a rea;;y fluffy one. I should probably go back to bed put it's too hot up therer and the aircon's too loud to sleep through.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    • 27,203 Posts
    • 98,836 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Hot day, everyone's got their windows open, some !!!!! decides to make us all listen to his crappy, pounding music. Probably could have heard it with windows shut due to bass vibrations.

Headache returned with a vengeance and I now hate literally everything. I could probably hate a kitten right now. Even a rea;;y fluffy one. I should probably go back to bed put it's too hot up therer and the aircon's too loud to sleep through.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Don't hate me; me wants cuggle.

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Jul 17, 1:45 PM
    • 11,977 Posts
    • 45,984 Thanks
    joansgirl
    This forum and some of it's hypocritical posters
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 8th Jul 17, 3:41 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 3,561 Thanks
    Penitent
    I have no idea what's going on (again) so I'm just thanking everyone and staying out of it.

Don't hate me; me wants cuggle.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I probably would have pinged him across the room earlier. Painkillers finally kicked in, thankfully.

On the plus side, I listened to a few podcast episodes while I was laid out feeling sorry for myself. I stopped listening to them at night for some reason, so I'm about 20 episodes behind on everything.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 8th Jul 17, 3:46 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 3,561 Thanks
    Penitent
    I also had another Falling Skies irritation: one of the alien species are nicknamed Skitters. Skitters is a (mostly Scottish?) euphemism for diarrhoea. I'm two seasons in and I'm still struggling to maintain my suspension of disbelief/composure whenever they talk about them.
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 8th Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 1,049 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Do you not use ear plugs? They can be a huge comfort and relief when it comes to chronic noise. Couldn't live without them personally.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 8th Jul 17, 4:08 PM
    • 10,943 Posts
    • 14,219 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I also had another Falling Skies irritation: one of the alien species are nicknamed Skitters. Skitters is a (mostly Scottish?) euphemism for diarrhoea. I'm two seasons in and I'm still struggling to maintain my suspension of disbelief/composure whenever they talk about them.
    Skitter is also a character from the DC Titans series. She disappeared in about issue 9 of the New 52 reboot in a 4-part crossover called "The Culling" and hasn't been seen in any other book so far.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 8th Jul 17, 4:14 PM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 3,561 Thanks
    Penitent
    Do you not use ear plugs? They can be a huge comfort and relief when it comes to chronic noise. Couldn't live without them personally.
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    No, I get anxious when I can't hear. The what ifs pile up. What if I miss an important call? What if I miss a parcel? What if someone breaks in? What if a wasps comes in the window? What if the apocalypse is going on out there and I don't realise?

I'm okay with chronic noise, anyway. It's the sudden, loud kind that bothers me (occassional shouting, loud music, etc.).
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    • 27,203 Posts
    • 98,836 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Talking of ear plugs, would you still be able to hear a smoke alarm go off, downstairs, say?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 8th Jul 17, 6:28 PM
    • 1,049 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    coffeehound
    No, I get anxious when I can't hear. The what ifs pile up. What if I miss an important call? What if I miss a parcel? What if someone breaks in? What if a wasps comes in the window? What if the apocalypse is going on out there and I don't realise?
    I know what you mean and wouldn't leave a window open overnight and always make doubly sure the front door is locked.

Talking of ear plugs, would you still be able to hear a smoke alarm go off, downstairs, say?
    Something as loud as a smoke alarm should be audible. Ear plugs come with different ratings in dB and the higher the number, the better the attenuation, so you could choose some with a low rating to begin with. With 37 dB (almost the quietest) EPs, I've slept through the alarm clock just a couple of times over the years . Usually it's easy enough to hear. (Unfortunately.)
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 8th Jul 17, 8:52 PM
    • 6,774 Posts
    • 14,777 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Not being invited to a wedding because my exOH has been . . .

Then being invited because he declined . . .

None of my kids being invited even though all the other cousins are . .

Hell in a handcart either way.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Jul 17, 9:19 PM
    • 27,203 Posts
    • 98,836 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Not being invited to a wedding because my exOH has been . . .

Then being invited because he declined . . .

None of my kids being invited even though all the other cousins are . .

Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    That's pants.

I hope you're not going. Stuff 'em.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 8th Jul 17, 9:29 PM
    • 6,774 Posts
    • 14,777 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    That's pants.

I hope you're not going. Stuff 'em.
    It's not often i will admit that my feelings are hurt . . but they are!!

I'm 50 (nearly!!) and I know who i can count on! Youngest and me are planning a long weekend away around that time! I didn't know she was an art fiend and she didn't know i had a fascination with Anne Frank so guess what where we're going!!
    • dontone
    • By dontone 8th Jul 17, 10:33 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 10,366 Thanks
    dontone
    It's not often i will admit that my feelings are hurt . . but they are!!

I'm 50 (nearly!!) and I know who i can count on! Youngest and me are planning a long weekend away around that time! I didn't know she was an art fiend and she didn't know i had a fascination with Anne Frank so guess what where we're going!!
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    oooooo, I'm jealous. I really want to go back there. Purely to go to the Keukenhof & see all the tulips. I'd rather go somewhere like that than a wedding.
    The 'herbal' stuff doesn't do it for me tbh - trust it to give me headache.
    Have a good 'un when you go.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 8th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    • 6,785 Posts
    • 12,458 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    oooooo, I'm jealous. I really want to go back there. Purely to go to the Keukenhof & see all the tulips. I'd rather go somewhere like that than a wedding.
    Originally posted by dontone
    When I've been to there, I drink Grolsch Herfstbok - why don't we sell it here? also referred as red Grolsch as that beer was advertised with the same Grolsch font, but in red.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 8th Jul 17, 11:44 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 10,366 Thanks
    dontone
    When I've been to there, I drink Grolsch Herfstbok - why don't we sell it here? also referred as red Grolsch as that beer was advertised with the same Grolsch font, but in red.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Never come across that. Mr Dontone is a fan of Grolsch, so if we ever get to go again, he'll look out for it. We have only been once, in 2011 (I won a P&O crossing) and we stayed for a few days. We ended up trying 'Space Cake' for the first time, and I thought it was a bit of a rip off. I really like the place though. I wanted to visit this year, but circumstances have dictated otherwise. It certainly is an experience, we loved every second of it.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 9th Jul 17, 1:29 AM
    • 25,891 Posts
    • 13,700 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    One of those horrible families that live near me, played loud music until about 12:50am this morning. They have been playing music past 11pm - the legal time during the warm days. Today was the longest. They don't work and don't understand that not everyone has today off.

I will complain to their HA about them. Also may use the opportunity to inform of their children's vile behaviour such as swearing at us and blocking the road with their bikes etc. It's going to get worse as they finish school on Thursday and hardly go out apart from my road.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Actually I believe the law says no unreasonable loud noise at any time. Those who say after 11pm are wrong. Did you know it's even illegal when a car blasts music with its window wound down? I sympathise with your problem, we have had our share of that type of thing. I hope you have better luck complaining than what we have.
    • Piscean1991
    • By Piscean1991 9th Jul 17, 2:06 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 711 Thanks
    Piscean1991
    Inconsiderate parking.

I live near a lovely park. As such, I accept that there are times when people will outside my house (even though the park has a perfectly adequate and FREE car park of its own). I don't like people parking outside (generally because they're not at all considerate and leave litter in my hedge) but I accept it because I don't own the road.

What I don't accept is when we, as residents, are already parked outside our own home and then somebody comes along and decides they STILL want to park there.

It's a narrow road and he chose to park on the opposite side of it, partially on the pavement. The road was blocked. Nothing could pass in either direction. How can people be so inconsiderate? If an ambulance had needed to get through, somebody might have died because the ambulance would have needed to turn round (hard to do in such a narrow space) and drive ALL the way round to be able to access the other end of the street. It would have added several minutes to their journey.

He's still there and has been for about three hours. When we heard all the horns going off, we moved our cars to allow people to pass. We should not have had to do that when we were all parked perfectly legally without obstructing the road. I know one other person has photographed the car and reported it.

It's the same car. All the bloody time. He just never learns! There are so many other options in terms of parking your car to use the park so why choose the one that inconveniences everybody?
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 9th Jul 17, 6:05 PM
    • 6,774 Posts
    • 14,777 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Originally posted by dontone
    Lol - I am an occassional imbiber of the green and I know that Tucker Minor has tried it since she started Uni but I'm not sure if that's a mummy/daughter thing! There's a time and a place for everything!

I think today was only the second time I've had a drink with my youngest - a nice cold glass of Prosecco to celebrate her 19th Birthday!

It's ben a lovely day apart from the stench of lighter fuel from the neighbours BBQs and people who can't join the MW at the right speed - it's too hot for either!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,376Posts Today

7,872Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin