Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,481Posts
    • 28,587Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 201
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 4th Feb 18, 9:21 AM
    • 10,076 Posts
    • 16,159 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    The drunken teenieboppers have been at it again
    Empty Buckfast bottles all over the place and wrecked rubbish bins with their contents strewn all about. These bins are chained to a post and have a concrete slab fixed to the base but the kiddies still managed to smash them
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Is there any CCTV in the street? Might be worth getting together with the neighbours and installing some, or even forming a Neighbourhood Watch group. That sounds like criminal damage, and I would expect the police to take action.
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 4th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 13,823 Posts
    • 52,504 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Was just doing an online survey where you had to play an audio file then select which animal you heard from the multiple choice answers.

Even though I knew it was cows I chose sheep
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 4th Feb 18, 9:31 AM
    • 3,036 Posts
    • 11,884 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Is there any CCTV in the street? Might be worth getting together with the neighbours and installing some, or even forming a Neighbourhood Watch group. That sounds like criminal damage, and I would expect the police to take action.
    Originally posted by Bogof_Babe
    There is in the area down by the shops but all the kids know this and drift up the path after they have bought the booze, they do their drinking in the woods but it is on the way home that all the damage to the various bins gets done
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 4th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 3,036 Posts
    • 11,884 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Was just doing an online survey where you had to play an audio file then select which animal you heard from the multiple choice answers.

Even though I knew it was cows I chose sheep
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    was there a picture of a sheep on the screen at the time? I was almost caught out like that once

This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 4th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 13,823 Posts
    • 52,504 Thanks
    joansgirl
    was there a picture of a sheep on the screen at the time? I was almost caught out like that once
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Nope, can't even use that as an excuse
    I'm tired, and I really wasn't in the mood to start yet another survey only to get kicked off after 10 minutes, so maybe that subconsciously affected me?

Finito
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 4th Feb 18, 1:58 PM
    • 3,933 Posts
    • 3,385 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Last night, the noise started just before 8pm, went on past 3am apart from a calmer period from 1.30am-2.45am where I heard loud drunken noises outside, I reckon they went for a drink.

At the 3am point I dragged myself to bed and managed to sleep though the noise though took me almost anohter 45 minutes due to the laughter

Today woken about 10.30am by over half a hour of hoovering on laminate with hoover smashed into walls, guess the lady was hungover.

Going to report this to the council again, its not on, I was away Monday-Thursday and they have had extreme noise every night since then.
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 4th Feb 18, 10:10 PM
    • 1,062 Posts
    • 2,795 Thanks
    helcat26
    Here the environmental health will come in and record sound levels.

Will not help us with woman next door who screams at her children and has a voice that could carve marble.

Looking on rightmove
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 5th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    • 3,036 Posts
    • 11,884 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    fell asleep during halftime at the Superbowl and missed the second half

This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 5th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 13,823 Posts
    • 52,504 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Bored bored bored bored bored

Finito
    • colinw
    • By colinw 5th Feb 18, 12:25 PM
    • 51,929 Posts
    • 141,670 Thanks
    colinw
    I just managed to spill a big tub of thick chicken soup all over my desk, my jumper, my jeans, the floor and the desk at work and I smell....
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 5th Feb 18, 1:18 PM
    • 7,472 Posts
    • 9,760 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I just managed to spill a big tub of thick chicken soup all over my desk, my jumper, my jeans, the floor and the desk at work and I smell....
    Originally posted by colinw
    Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards Couch Potatoes
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 5th Feb 18, 1:18 PM
    • 13,823 Posts
    • 52,504 Thanks
    joansgirl

Finito
    • colinw
    • By colinw 5th Feb 18, 1:25 PM
    • 51,929 Posts
    • 141,670 Thanks
    colinw
    Originally posted by Sleazy

I smell like chicken tonight.......chicken tonight....
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 5th Feb 18, 1:28 PM
    • 13,823 Posts
    • 52,504 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I smell like chicken tonight.......chicken tonight....
    I've just had a thought......have you got a straw? You could suck it out of the carpet, saves wasting it?

Finito
    • colinw
    • By colinw 5th Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 51,929 Posts
    • 141,670 Thanks
    colinw
    I've just had a thought......have you got a straw? You could suck it out of the carpet, saves wasting it?
    I feel like I need to run through a car wash, there is a boiler suit and hard hat here I could wear but I would look like a member of the Eighties pop band Flock of Seagulls
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 5th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    • 3,036 Posts
    • 11,884 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    My fingers were so cold when I came back from walking the dog that I could not get blood out to test my sugar levels and that was with wearing gloves when out

This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 5th Feb 18, 4:48 PM
    • 8,481 Posts
    • 28,587 Thanks
    fairy lights
    This is the most horrifying thing I've read in a long time. Was the soup cold at the time?
    It's not like you can even sponge it off with a paper towel, the unctuousness will have seeped in to every fibre. The smell must be overwhelming. You should have been sent home on compassionate leave, really.
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 5th Feb 18, 5:54 PM
    • 10,076 Posts
    • 16,159 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    We have no kitchen, it's in bits in the garden. Day one of a three week replacement schedule and fed up already.

The cat is having his dinner in the living room. He's actually coping better with this than we are!
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• colinw
    • By colinw 5th Feb 18, 6:54 PM
    • 51,929 Posts
    • 141,670 Thanks
    colinw
    This is the most horrifying thing I've read in a long time. Was the soup cold at the time?
    It's not like you can even sponge it off with a paper towel, the unctuousness will have seeped in to every fibre. The smell must be overwhelming. You should have been sent home on compassionate leave, really.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    It was hot, I had just ate two slices of bread with when I thought of a simply hilarious comment to type into the chat window at work, in typing that I knocked the soup over, it was slimy and had lots of shredded chicken in, not a great look. I have since noticed these jeans have a rip in the !!!! as well, basically I am a tramp
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 5th Feb 18, 7:00 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 4,329 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    I'm picturing that scene with the possessed girl projectile vomiting something similar in the Exorcist!
    Lovely!

For me - a couple of weeks ago, I read that it's important to keep your balancing muscles in good nick so I did a quick stand-on-one-leg test and my left leg balance is so laughable that I couldn't even last one minute.

I googled tips on how to improve and one easy idea is to stand on one leg while you clean your teeth then swap legs at the next cleaning. Great, I though, I can do that without much effort or extra time and it'll soon become a good habit.

Well, the right leg teeth-cleaning balancing act is going ok.
    But my attempts at left leg balancing are covering my bathroom in toothpaste as I flap about trying not to fall over.
    It's on the taps, it's sprayed on the mirror, it's in globs all over the counter, it's dribbling down the front of the cabinets and it's splatting on the floor.
    It's not going well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter