Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,411Posts
    • 28,287Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 179
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 13th Jan 18, 2:02 PM
    • 3,798 Posts
    • 3,219 Thanks
    dekaspace
    So, 2 months ago I ordered some vinegar from Amazon that arrived spilled so got a refund, week before christmas they had offer on so ordered it and it wasn't shipped and was told there was a glitch so had to cancel error and get refund, but they still sent it and I had to reject it but they logged the rejection as "damaged"

Order some household cleaner which arrived today, and of course leaked so tell them its damaged and they say theres a marker on file to say suspicions on my account due to previous returns for household products and want me to take photos of the damage inc to the box and send it to them.

Bearing in mind I already cleaned the leakage to my house I am not happy at the assumption I am lying and having to go to effort to photo everything perfectly.
    • mark1959
    • By mark1959 13th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    mark1959
    Not so long ago [although it's probably 20+ years] Argos used to semi force you into divulging your name, address, phone no. etc just to buy some batteries.
    A few days ago I bought something from Halfords [overpriced] and just as the receipt is being printed out, Halfords man asks for my e mail address, for the receipt he says.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 13th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 10,567 Posts
    • 23,635 Thanks
    Tarry
    ........you'll never put a better bit of butter on your knife!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Not seen that advert for a while but I know it

Was in Lidls today and it was quite empty so went to Aldis instead.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 13th Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    • 2,479 Posts
    • 3,118 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Not so long ago [although it's probably 20+ years] Argos used to semi force you into divulging your name, address, phone no. etc just to buy some batteries.
    A few days ago I bought something from Halfords [overpriced] and just as the receipt is being printed out, Halfords man asks for my e mail address, for the receipt he says.
    Originally posted by mark1959

I just lie. If you wanted to be really cute and of sharp mind, giving the contact details of a competitors CO would be a nice trick.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 13th Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    • 2,775 Posts
    • 10,808 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    So many cars on the road with lights not working
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.6
    Total so far - 142.6
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 13th Jan 18, 8:47 PM
    • 10,567 Posts
    • 23,635 Thanks
    Tarry
    So many cars on the road with lights not working
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    It's indicators not working also
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 13th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 10,041 Posts
    • 16,017 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    So, 2 months ago I ordered some vinegar from Amazon that arrived spilled so got a refund, week before christmas they had offer on so ordered it and it wasn't shipped and was told there was a glitch so had to cancel error and get refund, but they still sent it and I had to reject it but they logged the rejection as "damaged"

Order some household cleaner which arrived today, and of course leaked so tell them its damaged and they say theres a marker on file to say suspicions on my account due to previous returns for household products and want me to take photos of the damage inc to the box and send it to them.

Bearing in mind I already cleaned the leakage to my house I am not happy at the assumption I am lying and having to go to effort to photo everything perfectly.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    Sorry if I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be easier to buy your household stuff in a shop?
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 13th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 10,041 Posts
    • 16,017 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    Mountain Warehouse do that at the check-out every single time. I used to politely decline and try to give an acceptable reason, but now I just say "no, I get enough junk mail", and that's the end of that!

• dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 13th Jan 18, 9:18 PM
    • 3,798 Posts
    • 3,219 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Sorry if I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be easier to buy your household stuff in a shop?
    Originally posted by Bogof_Babe
    I was bulk buying bicarbonate of soda, used to get it from a health food shop in last town, but Amazon had 20l of white Vinegar for £6.29 before Christmas which I use for fabric conditioner.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Jan 18, 11:59 AM
    • 7,485 Posts
    • 13,778 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Another thing if you are returning something, some retailers want your address. Why?
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 14th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 3,822 Posts
    • 6,683 Thanks
    avogadro

Originally posted by dekaspace
    After experiencing several issues with home deliveries (item gone missing, been left in an unsafe place, been stolen, etc etc) OH and I are rapidly coming to the conclusion that it's better to go into an actual shop and buy the product.
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 14th Jan 18, 12:18 PM
    • 10,041 Posts
    • 16,017 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    After experiencing several issues with home deliveries (item gone missing, been left in an unsafe place, been stolen, etc etc) OH and I are rapidly coming to the conclusion that it's better to go into an actual shop and buy the product.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Same here, except there are some things that can't seem to be found in shops. I am currently awaiting delivery of a Kindle case from eBay that was meant to arrive on Friday or Saturday. Amazon's delivery record is pretty good but similar items cost about six times as much!

• ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 14th Jan 18, 1:16 PM
    • 7,485 Posts
    • 13,778 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Same here, except there are some things that can't seem to be found in shops. I am currently awaiting delivery of a Kindle case from eBay that was meant to arrive on Friday or Saturday. Amazon's delivery record is pretty good but similar items cost about six times as much!
    Originally posted by Bogof_Babe
    I agree with the internet is far cheaper to buy phone, tablet, e-book reader accessories than in the shops. .

The other day, I purchased 3x 2m usb cables from Amazon for £6.99. I am lucky to get one for that price in a shop.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 14th Jan 18, 2:13 PM
    • 4,085 Posts
    • 8,484 Thanks
    uberalles
    Invertebrates on the forums pressing the report button.

Silly people even believe that means you are gone with.

I will be without doubt (gone with) , just waiting for the final warning, but will be back, in various forms, as proved by many others, even some on this forum.

Good luck y'all.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 14th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 3,822 Posts
    • 6,683 Thanks
    avogadro
    Invertebrates on the forums pressing the report button.

Silly people even believe that means you are gone with.

I will be without doubt (gone with) , just waiting for the final warning, but will be back, in various forms, as proved by many others, even some on this forum.

Good luck y'all.
    Originally posted by uberalles
    You've been on here for about ten years, why are they making trouble for you as of now?

I do agree re. the AE accounts. I have asked for feedback on this subject over on the forum rules discussion board. The silence (so far) has been deafening..

Really not worth bothering with this forum much now. A lot of the good posters have stopped posting (anyone seen quids recently?) and the place is full of trolls and various other AE accounts.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 14th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    • 4,085 Posts
    • 8,484 Thanks
    uberalles
    You've been on here for about ten years, why are they making trouble for you as of now?

I do agree re. the AE accounts. I have asked for feedback on this subject over on the forum rules discussion board. The silence (so far) has been deafening..

Really not worth bothering with this forum much now. A lot of the good posters have stopped posting (anyone seen quids recently?) and the place is full of trolls and various other AE accounts.
    Thank you. First of all I made a clever reference to somebody not being worthy of the use of their right hand , that got reported.

Then it was my own fault by being abusive, I can admit that. But, I'll not take anybody trying to undermine me in real life and I certainly won't take it on an anonymous forum where people can hide. I'm more than happy if they wish to bring that to real life.

So I need to take most of the blame however I never got the ball rolling.

I agree the forum is shocking these days, I normally only read as I cannot be bothered typing.

I'll be back. If only to get the button pressers banned. I do revenge rather well.

All the best to you.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 14th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 13,449 Posts
    • 50,916 Thanks
    joansgirl

This ^^^.....
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 32,236 Posts
    • 118,760 Thanks
    Pyxis

The trouble is, there are some of us hanging on trying to maintain some sort of sanity ( ) in the chaos that is the mire of AEs.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • alancunningham
    • By alancunningham 14th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    alancunningham
    Thank you. First of all I made a clever reference to somebody not being worthy of the use of their right hand , that got reported.

Then it was my own fault by being abusive, I can admit that. But, I'll not take anybody trying to undermine me in real life and I certainly won't take it on an anonymous forum where people can hide. I'm more than happy if they wish to bring that to real life.

So I need to take most of the blame however I never got the ball rolling.

I agree the forum is shocking these days, I normally only read as I cannot be bothered typing.

I'll be back. If only to get the button pressers banned. I do revenge rather well.

All the best to you.
    Originally posted by uberalles
    When you try to ask users by PM who reported you and when you started getting abusive with several of them who raised objections about your abusive behaviour, you had it coming to you.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 14th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 1,549 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Agree with all the above, said.

MSE is losing it's integrity when it doesn't seem to give thought to adequately researching 'volunteers' who have previously been Ppr'd and lacking in literacy skills. What sort of an impression does this give? They must be desperate?

I've said my piece, for which i will probably receive my first ever warning, (via the above)?

I've been posting less and less in any case, and not contributing / helping, like i used to. What's the point?

I'll stick to word games for entertainment.......
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,764Posts Today

9,002Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• This is perhaps the most ridiculous tool I've seen online, it values your name based on what a sample of 500,000 ea? https://t.co/39sRBJrLt3

• RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• Follow Martin