Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,414Posts
    • 28,319Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 176
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 10th Jan 18, 7:16 PM
    • 3,819 Posts
    • 3,249 Thanks
    dekaspace
    I appear to have a cold, been feeling up and down for past week, and had a irritated ear at first, then dry throat at weekend today full on blocked nose.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 10th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 2,818 Posts
    • 10,990 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Snotty sniffers again. Is it really that hard to blow yout nose?
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    No it's not hard, but when I am outside in the cold, my nose runs constantly no matter how many times I blow it so I tend to pace myself depending on how many tissues that I am carrying.
    I also need to consider my gloves, I need to take at least one off to get a tissue out of my pocket and use it accordingly but if I leave my glove off to be ready to get another tissue, my fingers get cold and that is not a good thing to happen for someone with diabetes.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.4
    Total so far - 218
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 10th Jan 18, 9:32 PM
    • 27,039 Posts
    • 14,814 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    That's not an irritation - I'd have filled me boots!
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    It is for me. The nearest tesco is miles away and my local asda hasnt got any decent offers on the xmas chocolates.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 10th Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 11,844 Posts
    • 15,666 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    We were wondering what had happened to you.
    ((((((((((Fairy lights)))))))))))))

Patent box of kitten therapy..........

Originally posted by Pyxis
    Kitten thewapy is adowable

Kitten thewapy can help with so many things
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021

Married to an immigrant.

Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Jan 18, 11:20 PM
    • 15,631 Posts
    • 65,580 Thanks
    Judi
    .... tired all day and awake all night. That just about sums it up.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 11th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 1,499 Posts
    • 4,327 Thanks
    Izadora
    For about 2 years until last June, I was commuting almost 2 hours with 3 buses and 2 trains each way a day for work, and it was having affecting me.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    Thank you, now my 1 train (just under an hour) and about a 15 min walk either end suddenly seems much more bearable

No it's not hard, but when I am outside in the cold, my nose runs constantly no matter how many times I blow it so I tend to pace myself depending on how many tissues that I am carrying.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    When you're outside it's understandable/acceptable but there's no excuse for the number of people who sit on trains/in my office and sniff every 30 seconds. Seeing as I'm on day 4 of giving up smoking I think it'll be a miracle if I see the week out without screaming at someone and lobbing a packet of tissues at them.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 11th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    • 7,489 Posts
    • 13,783 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My mum

I have no idea why she does this. Sends me an e-mail with a link or two with - could you please order this for me - and if its clothing includes size and colour if more than one colour option. I understand that with Amazon as my parents share my Prime membership with me.

Sent me an e-mail last night and stated they are £6. Went on the link and now they are £18! Why can't she or my Dad - who buys loads of things online order the items then? This website has no minimum spend.

Found something similar on another website and its £1 less than the minimum spend. It took me ages to find something either for myself or Dad as sale stuff of things we liked weren't in our sizes - typical. In the end, I remember some slippers I was considering before Christmas, but they didn't have my size in the shop.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th Jan 18, 12:23 PM
    • 51,600 Posts
    • 140,674 Thanks
    colinw
    The story about some low life in Australia fixing a koala to a pole with building screws, when they got there it was dead and they still are not sure if it was alive when it was fixed to the pole.....some people....

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/science/horrifying-photo-of-koala-bolted-to-wooden-gazebo-pole/news-story/612c24410038be13e066234ae1ab4ccb?utm_content=Socia lFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=DailyTel egraph&utm_medium=Facebook
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 119,320 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The story about some low life in Australia fixing a koala to a pole with building screws, when they got there it was dead and they still are not sure if it was alive when it was fixed to the pole.....some people....

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/science/horrifying-photo-of-koala-bolted-to-wooden-gazebo-pole/news-story/612c24410038be13e066234ae1ab4ccb?utm_content=Socia lFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=DailyTel egraph&utm_medium=Facebook
    Originally posted by colinw
    Quite apart from anything else, I didn't think that koalas are a particular nuisance, are they?
    I mean, why would anyone anyone hate koalas that much? (Having read the sentence about other mutilations of koalas).
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 119,320 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Just googled nuisance koalas, and it appears they are quite good at getting into homes and garages.

Someone came home to find this................

QUOTE Their dog was barking at the koala, who was rather placidly ignoring the ruckus and seemed to be enjoying getting warm in a comfy spot on the sofa.

The ladies took photos of and with their little home intruder while they waited for help to come in the form of the Hunter Koala Preservation Society care and rescue. Simone Aurino, a member of the group, arrived to relocate the koala, who was named Tuff !!!!!!.

Aurino said that they are getting more frequent calls to help deal with “nuisance” koalas (really, how can anything that cute be a nuisance!?) that are getting on people’s roofs, and into garages and yards. She further explained that, “[t]hey’ve (koalas) got quite long talons and any cornered animal will defend themselves, so they (the homeowners) did the right thing by keeping their distance.” (I guess that explains the use of the word “nuisance”).UNQUOTE

To be honest, I'd be delighted, although I might not be too happy if was destructive or pooed everywhere!
    All you have to do is phone the rescue people, and then make sure all your doors and windows are shut properly when you go out!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• helcat26
    • By helcat26 11th Jan 18, 2:59 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 2,784 Thanks
    helcat26
    I also need to consider my gloves, I need to take at least one off to get a tissue out of my pocket and use it accordingly but if I leave my glove off to be ready to get another tissue, my fingers get cold and that is not a good thing to happen for someone with diabetes.
    could you wear a balaclava with a pad of tissues under your nose?
    or
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/demi-lovato-sticks-tampons-up-7143780
    Last edited by helcat26; 11-01-2018 at 3:06 PM.
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 11th Jan 18, 3:00 PM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 7,676 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I didn't think that people used them much nowadays. I normally just use my contactless bank card
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    I've got a Season Travelcard on it for commuting which I buy using a cashback credit card so - plus I've had it since 2005 before contactless was around.
    I got the replacement sorted in the course of the day and transferred the season so I'm only out one bus journey. In theory I can claim it back - just need to get the evidence off the contactless card I used instead. What annoys me is there's no clue as to why it failed - I didn't do anything I haven't done hundreds of times before....
    Womble #7 - Running Total £0.44 $0.00 €1.57
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Jan 18, 3:50 PM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 119,320 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Postimage seems to have gone awol.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 11th Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    • 51,600 Posts
    • 140,674 Thanks
    colinw
    Postimage seems to have gone awol.
    I get it here

https://postimages.org/
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th Jan 18, 4:10 PM
    • 51,600 Posts
    • 140,674 Thanks
    colinw
    Just googled nuisance koalas, and it appears they are quite good at getting into homes and garages.

Someone came home to find this................

QUOTE Their dog was barking at the koala, who was rather placidly ignoring the ruckus and seemed to be enjoying getting warm in a comfy spot on the sofa.

The ladies took photos of and with their little home intruder while they waited for help to come in the form of the Hunter Koala Preservation Society care and rescue. Simone Aurino, a member of the group, arrived to relocate the koala, who was named Tuff !!!!!!.

Aurino said that they are getting more frequent calls to help deal with “nuisance” koalas (really, how can anything that cute be a nuisance!?) that are getting on people’s roofs, and into garages and yards. She further explained that, “[t]hey’ve (koalas) got quite long talons and any cornered animal will defend themselves, so they (the homeowners) did the right thing by keeping their distance.” (I guess that explains the use of the word “nuisance”).UNQUOTE

To be honest, I'd be delighted, although I might not be too happy if was destructive or pooed everywhere!
    All you have to do is phone the rescue people, and then make sure all your doors and windows are shut properly when you go out!

They are building houses on where they used to live so that is how you end up with them on your sofa they must think !!!! this you knicked my tree so I am going to knick your sofa and your biscuits
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 7,059 Posts
    • 8,376 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Here's a suggestion ....

Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 11th Jan 18, 4:31 PM
    • 1,243 Posts
    • 1,293 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    Another day trying to fix my computer thanks to Microsoft updates
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th Jan 18, 8:27 PM
    • 2,818 Posts
    • 10,990 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The price of butter
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 75.4
    Total so far - 218
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 11th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 32,394 Posts
    • 119,320 Thanks
    Pyxis
    They are building houses on where they used to live so that is how you end up with them on your sofa they must think !!!! this you knicked my tree so I am going to knick your sofa and your biscuits
    That's fair enough!

Yes, that's what I was using.
    It was coming up as Safari not recognising it, or something.

I googled for help, and saw that some people have had problems. One piece of advice was to try postimg.org, which I did and then it came back, but as postimage .org! Weird stuff.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Jan 18, 11:49 PM
    • 27,039 Posts
    • 14,814 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The price of butter
    We dont bother with proper butter, its too hard to spread. Lurpak is ridiculously expensive. On top of that i think its pretty flavourless. I dont know why its so popular. I like flora buttery, its only £1 in asda at the moment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

995Posts Today

8,037Users online

Martin's Twitter