Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,403Posts
    • 28,270Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 173
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    • 13,441 Posts
    • 50,887 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Fell over again
    Dog was to blame this time, he went chasing after something and pulled me over I wasn't watching him and he had run to the full length of the 8m lead so had a good head of steam.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Perhaps we ought to form The Falling Down Club
    I've lost count of the amount of times Bailie's had me over And yes, those extending leads are brilliant until the dog pulls at full stretch then once they do you have no control Bailie wears a head collar as well but still manages to pull like a train, it must hurt her but...no sense, no feeling

Ooohhh, forgot to ask, are you OK? No bones broken?
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 2,773 Posts
    • 10,776 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Perhaps we ought to form The Falling Down Club
    I've lost count of the amount of times Bailie's had me over And yes, those extending leads are brilliant until the dog pulls at full stretch then once they do you have no control Bailie wears a head collar as well but still manages to pull like a train, it must hurt her but...no sense, no feeling

Ooohhh, forgot to ask, are you OK? No bones broken?
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Aye, Duncan pulls with the head collar on as well
    I think that it was because he was up to full speed and I wasn't paying attention that got me over, it has been close a few times but this is the first time I can say it was definitely him that did it

Sore ribs on the side I landed on but nothing broken.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.6
    Total so far - 142.6
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 13,441 Posts
    • 50,887 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Aye, Duncan pulls with the head collar on as well
    I think that it was because he was up to full speed and I wasn't paying attention that got me over, it has been close a few times but this is the first time I can say it was definitely him that did it

Sore ribs on the side I landed on but nothing broken.
    My worst dog walking injury...I would like to blame Bailie but it wasn't her, it was me, I tripped over some brambles on a downhill slope. I thought I'd managed to stay upright but then me other foot got caught and down I went like a sack of spuds

I landed on concrete and had a couple cracked ribs and I hurt me right elbow and skinned it as well.

But I still blame her, if I hadn't been walking her I wouldn't have been there

Finito
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 13,441 Posts
    • 50,887 Thanks
    joansgirl
    My blummin mother in law....somebody please take her damn iphone away Or at least show her how to use it properly

Finito
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 7th Jan 18, 3:10 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Penitent
    A: "I know this is true because I vaguely remember someone saying it 20 years ago."

B: "It's not true. Here is evidence. Also, it wouldn't make sense to do to that because of these reasons."

A: "No, they definitely said [something slightly different to the previous definite truth], so it must be true."

B: *loads up Zoopla and stares at all the flats she can't afford and desperately hopes for a large Premium Bonds win*

I love my mother, but she doesn't half wind me up sometimes.
    Last edited by Penitent; 07-01-2018 at 3:13 PM.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 7th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 2,786 Posts
    • 19,160 Thanks
    JIL
    Husband was painting our bedroom, really grateful that it's getting done at last.

But why when I am in the kitchen, cooking the Sunday dinner, does he have to use the kitchen sink to clean the paint brushes? We have two bathrooms that he has to pass to get in my way!!
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 7th Jan 18, 6:13 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Penitent
    Husband was painting our bedroom, really grateful that it's getting done at last.

But why when I am in the kitchen, cooking the Sunday dinner, does he have to use the kitchen sink to clean the paint brushes? We have two bathrooms that he has to pass to get in my way!!
    Originally posted by JIL
    Is he the sort of person who is not content simply to do something, but needs everyone to be very very aware that he's done something so that they can be suitably impressed?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    • 51,562 Posts
    • 140,498 Thanks
    colinw
    That Len bloke who said Seven on Strictly, I thought he was annoying on his appalling Quiz show they give him but he is even more annoying on the radio with his exaggerated barrow boy / Ray Winstone cockney accent and banal banter. The BBC seem to think people who can dance a bit and do well in this show therefore become natural entertainers or DJ,s, wrong! There is a reason a couple of them were deemed worthy of a 5 minute spot presenting the Sport bulletin at some God forsaken time on Breakfast TV. Winning Strictly does not mean they deserve a TV show or that they become music experts and are worthy of a Radio 2 spot.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    • 51,562 Posts
    • 140,498 Thanks
    colinw

Originally posted by JIL
    Is he the sort of person who is not content simply to do something, but needs everyone to be very very aware that he's done something so that they can be suitably impressed?
    Originally posted by Penitent
    I filled in some gaps that existed between the wall and skirting boards today in one room, I have subsequently inspected then numerous times since to see what a good job I made of it
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Jan 18, 8:35 PM
    • 2,773 Posts
    • 10,776 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I hate the way spam messages hang about the main forum index even after they have been deleted, if no-one else posts on that board for a few days then the title of the spam thread stays, as has happened recently

This week - 77.6
    Total so far - 142.6
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 7th Jan 18, 8:48 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Penitent
    I filled in some gaps that existed between the wall and skirting boards today in one room, I have subsequently inspected then numerous times since to see what a good job I made of it
    Originally posted by colinw
    I've been known to do similar with flatpack furniture.

Also, a bit of sympathy doesn't go amiss if I injure myself in the process of making it (which I usually do, because I'm ridiculously clumsy and screwdrivers hurt my hands).

I hate the way spam messages hang about the main forum index even after they have been deleted, if no-one else posts on that board for a few days then the title of the spam thread stays, as has happened recently
    I thought it was sort of funny that a spam message offering counterfeit money was still showing as the most recent post on Funny Money.
    • JIL
    • By JIL 7th Jan 18, 11:25 PM
    • 2,786 Posts
    • 19,160 Thanks
    JIL
    Originally posted by Penitent
    No he isn't really, he just usually gets on with things. I moaned that he had walked past two sinks and his reply was that he needed kitchen roll to dry the brushes. That also irritated me, the amount of kitchen roll he used! Oh well. Bedroom looks nice.
    Last edited by JIL; 07-01-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 8th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Penitent
    Thought I'd boiled the kettle, poured the water...stone cold. I'd forgotten to turn the plug on.

Also, I shouldn't have looked at Zoopla yesterday. I just end up feeling mopey.
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 8th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 1,243 Posts
    • 1,287 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    More drilling and banging.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Jan 18, 10:46 AM
    • 13,441 Posts
    • 50,887 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Originally posted by colinw
    I admit I'm so chuffed with the job I did on my wardrobe I keep opening the doors (unnecessarily) to admire it

No he isn't really, he just usually gets on with things. I moaned that he had walked past two sinks and his reply was that he needed kitchen roll to dry the brushes. That also irritated me, the amount of kitchen roll he used! Oh well. Bedroom looks nice.
    Originally posted by JIL
    Ermm, I use a lot of kitchen roll when decorating too because....if you use cloths you end up having to wash them and running the machine to do that costs more than buying more kitchen roll. I usually stock up on cheapo ones when I know I'm going to be decorating (which is all the ruddy time at the moment).

Finito
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 8th Jan 18, 12:21 PM
    • 1,486 Posts
    • 4,284 Thanks
    Izadora
    The fact that my job makes trying to remember to type the correct year even harder. I'm currently dealing with December invoicing and therefore keep having to switch between 2017 and 2018.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Jan 18, 12:49 PM
    • 32,167 Posts
    • 118,519 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Salted caramel biscuits that contain chips of, no, not caramel, but blasted chocolate!

I don't like chocolate, and all the baked in store biscuits the Coop usually do are some variety of chocolate, so when I saw they had salted caramel ones, I thought, oh good!

Wrong!

I tried picking the chocolate chips out, but most were baked right into the biscuits .

I don't know why the label couldn't have said "with chocolate chips".
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 8th Jan 18, 4:14 PM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 2,764 Thanks
    helcat26
    Brace yourselves for a controversial one from me.
    I am getting irritated by the "me too" thing with the golden globes.
    Let's all wear black because we were sexually harassed.

Now do not get me wrong- no one should have to deal with this male or female in the workplace or elsewhere.

But a part of my mind keeps saying at seeing all this haut couture outrage-

1. Did you say anything at the time- thus possibly preventing it happening to someone else later?
    2. Did you take the part associated with this person who harassed you?

I am a bitter twisted cynic
    Last edited by helcat26; 08-01-2018 at 4:25 PM.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 8th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    • 10,309 Posts
    • 26,087 Thanks
    suki1964
    The fact that hot flushes don't extend to the hands

It was a toasty 3 oC in work today, sweat was lashing of me so soon down to a tshirt, but my hands were blocks of ice all day, sure I'm going to get chilblains
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Jan 18, 4:26 PM
    • 2,773 Posts
    • 10,776 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Brace yourselves for a controversial one from me.
    I am getting irritated by the "me too" thing with the golden globes.
    Let's all wear black because we were sexually harassed.

Now do not get me wrong- no one should have to deal with this male or female in the workplace or elsewhere.

But a part of my mind keeps saying as see all this haut couture outrage-

1. Did you say anything at the time- thus possibly preventing it happening to someone else later?
    2. Did you take the part associated with this person who harassed you?

I am a bitter twisted cynic
    Originally posted by helcat26
    Dare I say it "me too"

Rightly or Wrongly I formed the opinion a long time ago about all this, if you didn't report it at the time then not only was it not rape but also you should be charged with slander for telling people that something happened 5+ years ago while you have got on with your stardom in the meantime.

This week - 77.6
    Total so far - 142.6
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,782Posts Today

6,510Users online

Martin's Twitter