Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,403Posts
    • 28,270Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 170
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 4th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 7,827 Posts
    • 31,588 Thanks
    Flick216
    just lost a fence panel outside

Bloody wind! Gusts of 75mph now, I can hear a greenhouse smashing in the distance
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 4th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 10,560 Posts
    • 23,620 Thanks
    Tarry
    The fact I left this sub section of this forum
    Plus I have blocked up drains in the yard so waiting for Northumberland water.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 4th Jan 18, 3:04 PM
    • 3,796 Posts
    • 3,215 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Ordered a few things from Amazon, they dispatched them seperate and half the order arrived yesterday and other half was meant to arrive today last night I noticed one of the items was faulty so went to live chat who told me they would refund me the faulty item, they mistakenly refunded the whole order which blocked the 2nd half of order to arrive as return to sender meaning I have to reorder and even though I am reordering express delivery which should be tomorrow by 1pm its been pushed back to Saturday! They are refunding the extra delivery though.

Oh and waited in till 1.30 for gas safety person to fix radiator, turns out the dial was just needing tightened up.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 4th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 10,560 Posts
    • 23,620 Thanks
    Tarry
    Still waiting for water peeps but they are very busy.
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 4th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Penitent
    I feel like I'm living with a teenager sometimes. I do all the household stuff. Most mornings, I come downstairs to find that my mum has had a snack during the night and left wrappers and mess all over the counter, presumably hoping that the rubbish fairy will take it away and leave her £1. She keeps stacks of plates in her room until they get really manky, so I have to use scalding hot water to clean them. She waits until she's worn pretty much all her clothes before giving them to me to wash, sometimes only a few hours before she needs them. I don't mind doing all the dishes and laundry, I just want her to stop making it harder, but no matter how many times I ask, nothing changes.

I should probably add that this isn't a she works/I don't thing. I still did all the household stuff when we were both working. I really don't understand her motivation.

One more for the "I DON'T GET PEOPLE!!!" file.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 4th Jan 18, 6:14 PM
    • 10,307 Posts
    • 26,076 Thanks
    suki1964
    Penitent , we may be sisters, my mum is as bad , and she doesn't work !!

I've done a full day, I've still got the dinner to do and the dishes. She does do her own washing and ironing but I can't mind the last time she washed a dish, let alone washed a floor or cleaned the kitchen or a bathroom

In fact the family bathroom she's taken over for her plants to survive the window. There's something like 20 plants sat in the bath

She will come in, eat her dinner, and sit there whilst someone lifts her plate, scrapes it and sticks it in the dishwasher and she will leave the table without a thought of giving it a wipe or even throwing away her used serviette

The OH wonders why I lose the plot at times
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 4th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 13,441 Posts
    • 50,883 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I feel like I'm living with a teenager sometimes. I do all the household stuff. Most mornings, I come downstairs to find that my mum has had a snack during the night and left wrappers and mess all over the counter, presumably hoping that the rubbish fairy will take it away and leave her £1. She keeps stacks of plates in her room until they get really manky, so I have to use scalding hot water to clean them. She waits until she's worn pretty much all her clothes before giving them to me to wash, sometimes only a few hours before she needs them. I don't mind doing all the dishes and laundry, I just want her to stop making it harder, but no matter how many times I ask, nothing changes.

I should probably add that this isn't a she works/I don't thing. I still did all the household stuff when we were both working. I really don't understand her motivation.

Originally posted by Penitent
    Penitent , we may be sisters, my mum is as bad , and she doesn't work !!

I've done a full day, I've still got the dinner to do and the dishes. She does do her own washing and ironing but I can't mind the last time she washed a dish, let alone washed a floor or cleaned the kitchen or a bathroom

In fact the family bathroom she's taken over for her plants to survive the window. There's something like 20 plants sat in the bath

She will come in, eat her dinner, and sit there whilst someone lifts her plate, scrapes it and sticks it in the dishwasher and she will leave the table without a thought of giving it a wipe or even throwing away her used serviette

The OH wonders why I lose the plot at times
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Sounds to me like Mothers are worse than kids (or men )

My Mum always said if ever she needed to be "looked after" to put her in a home as we would end up killing each other
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 4th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    • 6,938 Posts
    • 7,981 Thanks
    Sleazy

Thanks ....
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 4th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 2,886 Posts
    • 10,786 Thanks
    Frogletina
    Broke the lid of a pottery dish I use for butter tonight - it's quite old and I'd inherited it and used it every day. I was very cross with myself and now wondering if I can get something to fix it. It's broken into 5 pieces.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 £1567.31 SPC 9 #441 £1014.64 SPC 10 #441 £1164.13
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 4th Jan 18, 6:47 PM
    • 3,796 Posts
    • 3,215 Thanks
    dekaspace
    So I went to town to sell some more items I have in my early spring clean and the store was closed at least 30 minutes early likely earlier as the shutters were down, lights were off and no sign of any staff.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Jan 18, 6:57 PM
    • 32,165 Posts
    • 118,516 Thanks
    Pyxis

Penitent, would she throw a wobbly if you went into her room daily to remove dirty plates and/or clothes for the laundry basket?

At least you then wouldn't get a build up.

Actually, do that anyway, and if she objects, just say you wouldn't have to if she removed the things herself.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 4th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Penitent

My Mum always said if ever she needed to be "looked after" to put her in a home as we would end up killing each other
    We manage to remain on speaking terms by staying in different rooms for the most part.

I'm honestly starting to think that the reason she was so eager for me to stay when I tried to move out was that she'd have to wash dishes again.

Penitent, would she throw a wobbly if you went into her room daily to remove dirty plates and/or clothes for the laundry basket?

At least you then wouldn't get a build up.

Actually, do that anyway, and if she objects, just say you wouldn't have to if she removed the things herself.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I do that on and off, and I tidy her room for her when it gets really bad, but I really do start feeling like the maid at that point.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 4th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 2,764 Posts
    • 10,765 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I was giving a blood sample yesterday so that my liver and kidney function could be tested as the new drug that I am on might cause trouble in those areas but while at the doctor just before I saw the nurse, he put on the system to get an extra sample to test for something else.
    When I phoned about the samples today to see if my liver or kidney had been affected, it turns out that the nurse who took the blood sample only marked for the extra test that the GP had requested and not the ones I was meant to be getting tested for
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 77.6
    Total so far - 142.6
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 4th Jan 18, 8:44 PM
    • 23,283 Posts
    • 60,412 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Hi pollypenny

You may be able to find them on the internet - I have just found a couple of them, including this one

7 April 1852
    Went to the Zoo.
    I said to Himó
    Something about that Chimpanzee over there reminds me of you.

frogletina
    Originally posted by Frogletina

I have the book - somewhere in the house! Hope I havenít lent it to someone, though.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 4th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 3,796 Posts
    • 3,215 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Again for pretty much every night in past 7 days the noise started upstairs about 20 minutes ago to extreme levels, I wonder if they are away all day and come back this time late every day and kids are excited and run about

To echo what I said before, it seems they have no concept of anyone else which is what stresses me, rather than the fact its noise because it does stop, but past week it goes on to midnight pretty much every day so means I can't go to bed early.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 4th Jan 18, 10:29 PM
    • 7,268 Posts
    • 19,929 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    The cries of "dash" [I paraphrase] etc behind me as Himself is trying to reattach the wings to balsa & tissue model aeroplanes he has made but not flown & crashed.

Thumb has torn through tissue panels, rubber bands have snapped, one plane dived off the beam, landed in the breakfast area, & dumped dust into the jam (& possibly the nutella & cream but the chaps were swift to remove these before I could check & chuck - & when I did check, they were unnaturally smoothly spooned & clean!)

He's also bought rubber bands of various sorts from four different suppliers.

Frankly as daft hobbies go, tissue & balsa model planes are pretty innocent, Until You Try To Dust Them. At which point, I reckon all nonplayers should evacuate to another county.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 4th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 27,002 Posts
    • 14,790 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    For some reason i cant modify playlists on the music app on my phone. I cant add tracks or remove tracks. I can create a playlist it seems.
    Someone blocked me on twitter for no reason. They sent a tweet to someone i follow which means i see it. I made a humourous comment then looked later to see they blocked me.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 4th Jan 18, 11:04 PM
    • 3,796 Posts
    • 3,215 Thanks
    dekaspace
    The noise has stopped thankfully, anyway think I may be banned from a selling website after I got into a argument with a mod, they thought I was insulting them (I wasn't) so they outright insulted me on the site, so I replied and said I was insulted and thought they were making the site seem bad to other people but I was walking away as it was pushing up the sale thread.

I get a warning from them on the site saying I am not allowed to challenge a moderators opinion and how mods are volunteers and should be praised for the work they put in for free. I reply stating I am taking it to admin as I feel they overreacted and they give me a blazing response back saying how they could easily ban me for arguing with them and said they never insulted me but I insulted them in every response.

Sure I can come across as agressive to people but the original thing they said I was insulting them was me saying I felt they overreacted to something so they replied talking about "intelligent people do this" and I was angry and said they just implied I wasn't intelligent they claimed that was me insulting them more

Sorry venting a bit.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 5th Jan 18, 10:35 AM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,057 Thanks
    Penitent
    Was this like the time you told me I needed to "use my brain", then claimed you weren't insulting me? IIRC, you were frustrated with me for replying to what you actually said, rather than what you meant to say.

I'm not asking to start an argument, but you do sometimes misunderstand people or use phrases you don't realise are insulting, then accuse the other person of being in the wrong. It can be very frustrating for the person on the other end of it, which may explain their "overreaction".
    • colinw
    • By colinw 5th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 51,561 Posts
    • 140,497 Thanks
    colinw
    The noise has stopped thankfully, anyway think I may be banned from a selling website after I got into a argument with a mod, they thought I was insulting them (I wasn't) so they outright insulted me on the site, so I replied and said I was insulted and thought they were making the site seem bad to other people but I was walking away as it was pushing up the sale thread.

I get a warning from them on the site saying I am not allowed to challenge a moderators opinion and how mods are volunteers and should be praised for the work they put in for free. I reply stating I am taking it to admin as I feel they overreacted and they give me a blazing response back saying how they could easily ban me for arguing with them and said they never insulted me but I insulted them in every response.

Sure I can come across as agressive to people but the original thing they said I was insulting them was me saying I felt they overreacted to something so they replied talking about "intelligent people do this" and I was angry and said they just implied I wasn't intelligent they claimed that was me insulting them more

Sorry venting a bit.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    Was this like the time you told me I needed to "use my brain", then claimed you weren't insulting me? IIRC, you were frustrated with me for replying to what you actually said, rather than what you meant to say.

I'm not asking to start an argument, but you do sometimes misunderstand people or use phrases you don't realise are insulting, then accuse the other person of being in the wrong. It can be very frustrating for the person on the other end of it, which may explain their "overreaction".

I think part of the problem is the typed words can be misinterpreted easily as the other person does not always get your pronunciation, your accent, or inflection.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,574Posts Today

10,485Users online

Martin's Twitter