Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,334Posts
    • 27,960Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 146
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 7th Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 6,469 Posts
    • 6,245 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Wasted train journey as meeting cancelled.
    But at least I didn't pay for the ticket!
    Doesn't Expecting The Unexpected Make The Unexpected Expected?
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 7th Dec 17, 4:21 PM
    • 1,073 Posts
    • 899 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    Wasted train journey as meeting cancelled.
    But at least I didn't pay for the ticket!
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Did he hide in the toilets from the Conductor?
    A Turkey Is Not Just For Christmas.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Dec 17, 7:31 PM
    • 12,980 Posts
    • 49,364 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Keep sneezing, nose keeps running, not amused
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 7th Dec 17, 7:32 PM
    • 30,998 Posts
    • 114,219 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Keep sneezing, nose keeps running, not amused
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Oh no! That's how my lurgy started!

I do hope you haven't got it!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 7th Dec 17, 7:37 PM
    • 7,407 Posts
    • 13,600 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Christmas wall stickers. As someone I know moved into a property where wall art stickers were in most rooms. A total pain to remove. So which bright spark thought it would be a good idea to use the concept for Christmas?
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Dec 17, 7:44 PM
    • 12,980 Posts
    • 49,364 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Oh no! That's how my lurgy started!

I do hope you haven't got it!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I think something just got up my nose (no, it wasn't Colin )

Finito
    • colinw
    • By colinw 7th Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,941 Thanks
    colinw
    I don’t even know which section this should be in as it is so ridiculous.

A Pennsylvania state house debate took an unusual turn when Republican representative Daryl Metcalfe called out his colleague for touching his arm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42259610/us-lawmaker-to-colleague-i-don-t-like-men
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Dec 17, 8:14 PM
    • 12,980 Posts
    • 49,364 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I donít even know which section this should be in as it is so ridiculous.

A Pennsylvania state house debate took an unusual turn when Republican representative Daryl Metcalfe called out his colleague for touching his arm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42259610/us-lawmaker-to-colleague-i-don-t-like-men
    Originally posted by colinw
    Well......the phrase me thinks he doth protesteth too much springs to mind.

The world's gone mad

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 7th Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 30,998 Posts
    • 114,219 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Well......the phrase me thinks he doth protesteth too much springs to mind.

The world's gone mad
    You found it!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 7th Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    • 30,998 Posts
    • 114,219 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I donít even know which section this should be in as it is so ridiculous.

Originally posted by colinw
    What a twit with an a.

By the way, watch the reaction of the woman sitting next to Metcalfe when he starts.
    Her body language says it all.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 7th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,941 Thanks
    colinw
    What a twit with an a.

By the way, watch the reaction of the woman sitting next to Metcalfe when he starts.
    Her body language says it all.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I think they all laugh as it is so ridiculous, especially when you look at who is the Republican President and who they are trying to get elected in Alabama.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 7th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 6,421 Thanks
    avogadro
    Baking a tea bread this afternoon, chopping up the dates, and the hazelnuts, rubbing the fat into the flour, adding the cinnamon, the eggs, the milk, the sugar and baking it for an hour or so.

Only to find I'd forgotten the baking powder, so it looks (and will probably taste) like a housebrick.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 7th Dec 17, 9:12 PM
    • 30,998 Posts
    • 114,219 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Baking a tea bread this afternoon, chopping up the dates, and the hazelnuts, rubbing the fat into the flour, adding the cinnamon, the eggs, the milk, the sugar and baking it for an hour or so.

Only to find I'd forgotten the baking powder, so it looks (and will probably taste) like a housebrick.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    It would float on the moon, though.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 7th Dec 17, 9:17 PM
    • 3,665 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Kids, all year round but the run up to Christmas is a nightmare im no Scrooge but parents let their kids run about in shopping centres, train stations, town centres and they run in front of people and expect the adult to move and if you don't the kid gives you a confused look as if to say why aren't you moving right in parents/grandparents view and none tell the kid off.

Last week had a hot drink spilled on me by a kid busy looking in shop window then start running and into me and didn't even say sorry, neither did the parents, walk down the street and another small kid playing football whilst yelling at top of voice, then just on from that another kid run into me.

That and the parents, most often the mums pushing prams around and expecting people to get out of their way if not squash themselves into a wall so they can have enough space for 2 or 3 people on each side of them to pass, and if you don't rudely say to their friends about how the person who didn't move was ignorant/rude and didn't understand that a person with a pram has priority.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 7th Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 1,272 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Kids, all year round but the run up to Christmas is a nightmare im no Scrooge but parents let their kids run about in shopping centres, train stations, town centres and they run in front of people and expect the adult to move and if you don't the kid gives you a confused look as if to say why aren't you moving right in parents/grandparents view and none tell the kid off.

Last week had a hot drink spilled on me by a kid busy looking in shop window then start running and into me and didn't even say sorry, neither did the parents, walk down the street and another small kid playing football whilst yelling at top of voice, then just on from that another kid run into me.

That and the parents, most often the mums pushing prams around and expecting people to get out of their way if not squash themselves into a wall so they can have enough space for 2 or 3 people on each side of them to pass, and if you don't rudely say to their friends about how the person who didn't move was ignorant/rude and didn't understand that a person with a pram has priority.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    That's one of the main reasons I do virtually all my shopping online.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 7th Dec 17, 10:39 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 1,272 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus

Originally posted by avogadro
    Never heard of tea bread before, just googled it and it sounds tasty, might have to try making it myself.
    • squiggles
    • By squiggles 8th Dec 17, 4:51 AM
    • 1,205 Posts
    • 2,310 Thanks
    squiggles
    Why is it that the job you think will be easiest turns out to be the most difficult?

I had 1 tile behind the taps that was cracked. That'll be easy enough thought I. Would it come out? Would it heck as like. I ended up breaking the next tile as well

Fortunately I'd had the foresight to leave a spare tile out in case of disasters such as this. Excellent thinks I, just put the new tiles in.

But.....the ruddy tiles need cutting (I hadn't realised they weren't full size, been a few years since I tiled that bathroom) and in the interests of trying to keep as much clutter out the way as possible I put all the tiling gear back in the shed. And it's buried under 5 tons of other rubbish

See you in about 5 years I would think
    I have all my spare tiles and the larger off cuts under the bath, of course this is only suitable storage if you have bath panels.
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 8th Dec 17, 7:10 AM
    • 1,073 Posts
    • 899 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    I think that the heating is effecting my nostrils?
    A Turkey Is Not Just For Christmas.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 8th Dec 17, 7:23 AM
    • 30,998 Posts
    • 114,219 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I have all my spare tiles and the larger off cuts under the bath, of course this is only suitable storage if you have bath panels.
    Originally posted by squiggles
    Yes, me too.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Dec 17, 8:42 AM
    • 12,980 Posts
    • 49,364 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Originally posted by squiggles
    Ah well, you see.....sort of like a catch 22 here.

The whole point of me doing the bathroom was to replace the non removable bath panels with removable ones. Which meant nothing could be stored under the bath as there was no access.

However, now there is access......but there's a load of insulation stuff under there to stop all the draughts so the tiling stuff is still in the shed

Finito
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,407Posts Today

8,243Users online

Martin's Twitter