Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,354Posts
    • 28,062Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 144
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 4th Dec 17, 12:08 AM
    • 26,861 Posts
    • 14,581 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The plethora of phones and phone contracts.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Who makes that many calls per month to justify as much as £30?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 4th Dec 17, 9:10 AM
    • 50,857 Posts
    • 138,954 Thanks
    colinw
    The Aussie cricket team
    Originally posted by colinw
    Add to the that the England cricket team, they are hopeless
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 4th Dec 17, 12:02 PM
    • 7,412 Posts
    • 13,613 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    How elderly people think Monday morning is the only time of the week - as well as Saturday mornings is to do shopping, go to the Post Office and yet moan its busy. It's not just this time of year, its all year round. If they don't like queues etc, then go on another day - Tuesday afternoons in the shop I work at and others around are quiet.
    • Sad. Sack
    • By Sad. Sack 4th Dec 17, 5:01 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Sad. Sack
    My leg aches.
    I like roast potatoes, i do.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 4th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 11,568 Posts
    • 15,162 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    So, X Factor is over for another year: this year's final had the lowest ratings ever for X Factor yet the ITV bosses will keep renewing it until Simon Cowell retires or decides to stop doing it (unlikely considering how much money he makes off it).
    Married to an immigrant.
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    • dontone
    • By dontone 4th Dec 17, 6:39 PM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 11,838 Thanks
    dontone
    How elderly people think Monday morning is the only time of the week - as well as Saturday mornings is to do shopping, go to the Post Office and yet moan its busy. It's not just this time of year, its all year round. If they don't like queues etc, then go on another day - Tuesday afternoons in the shop I work at and others around are quiet.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I did well at the post office today, straight to the front of the queue. Then the label printer broke down So it took longer than it should have done to sort me parcels out.
    Then I got a old lady in Iceland nudging me down the till aisle as if I can get the lady serving to scan things faster. Before that, I tried to get past a grandma blocking the entrance with a trolley, who was encouraging their grandchild to put things in the trolley - rather slowly. I came to the conclusion that the toddler will be about 10 by the time they got out of the shop. And also a couple blocking another aisle arguing about the size of prawn rings.......... I DON'T CARE - SHIFT WILL YA!!
    Grumble over - carry on
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 4th Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 11,568 Posts
    • 15,162 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    There were some carol singers from a local church singing in the presicnt where my work is. Customer moaned to me that they were depressing. Everyone else enjoyed,.

I will give that lady depressing songs - Lonely This Christmas and Spaceman Came Travelling
    Band Aid, Band Aid 20, Pogues & Kirsty McColl (the music industry is crapper without her, Freddie and Bowie in it)
    Married to an immigrant.
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 4th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 9,691 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Trumpton at it again
    Scaling back the size of a couple of National Monuments in Utah
    Would he have done it if it had been anyone other than Obama that created them in the first place?
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3189.5
    This week 56.1
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 5th Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    • 8,354 Posts
    • 28,062 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Going to what I thought was a casual, informal Christmas party on Friday but it turns out I somehow missed the memo and it's more 'fancy' than 'fancy dress', and everyone is getting properly dressed up in their finest evening dresses and ballgown equivalents.
    I can't find anything to wear at such short notice so now I'm going to be the idiot who turns up late, drunk and wearing a Christmas jumper.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 5th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 50,857 Posts
    • 138,954 Thanks
    colinw
    Trumpton at it again
    Scaling back the size of a couple of National Monuments in Utah
    Would he have done it if it had been anyone other than Obama that created them in the first place?
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Would you expect anything else from him?

Going to what I thought was a casual, informal Christmas party on Friday but it turns out I somehow missed the memo and it's more 'fancy' than 'fancy dress', and everyone is getting properly dressed up in their finest evening dresses and ballgown equivalents.
    I can't find anything to wear at such short notice so now I'm going to be the idiot who turns up late, drunk and wearing a Christmas jumper.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Sounds like my idea of Hell......
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 5th Dec 17, 12:24 PM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    Nothing much.
    A Turkey Is Not Just For Christmas.
    • Timpu
    • By Timpu 5th Dec 17, 1:07 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    Timpu
    Eurgh, feel for you. Just wear what ever you've planned on, others will be too drunk to notice. If you thought it was informal then chances are you won't be the only one. Drink up while others worry about dry cleaning bills after the event. What could be more money saving than not forking out on something you can only use occasionally? Besides, posh dresses tend to leave you shivering and you'll be toastie and warm in that jumper

Mine's tomorrow and we've not be told the location or anything come to think about it. When I lived close by, I wouldn't have batted an eyelash but I have a 2hr commute now, including a drive. I asked one of the organisers yesterday who replied "Err, you'll be fine." Fingers crossed we have the same definition of "fine".
    • Stuffed Turkey
    • By Stuffed Turkey 5th Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    • 1,082 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    Stuffed Turkey
    Doors banging and gates creaking.
    A Turkey Is Not Just For Christmas.
    • Jingle_Belle
    • By Jingle_Belle 5th Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    Jingle_Belle
    I've broken a nail.
    Looking Forward To Santa Filling My Stocking
    • colinw
    • By colinw 5th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 50,857 Posts
    • 138,954 Thanks
    colinw
    How tricky this iPad makes it to post at times
    • colinw
    • By colinw 5th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 50,857 Posts
    • 138,954 Thanks
    colinw
    Originally posted by Stuffed Turkey
    That sounds like that start of a blues song
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 5th Dec 17, 8:03 PM
    • 4,228 Posts
    • 8,883 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Originally posted by Stuffed Turkey
    The people who live opposite me have one of those self closing(?) gates, they must've gone in and out about a million times today
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 6th Dec 17, 8:35 AM
    • 7,412 Posts
    • 13,613 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    You will feel like this
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 6th Dec 17, 9:21 AM
    • 8,354 Posts
    • 28,062 Thanks
    fairy lights
    You will feel like this
    Pretty much
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 6th Dec 17, 9:38 AM
    • 8,354 Posts
    • 28,062 Thanks
    fairy lights
    Long version: My boss has a relaxed attitude towards annual leave and in the past has always let us carry holiday over from one year to the next. He gives us the legal minimum number of days leave so saving a few days up lets you take a longer holiday the next year and is pretty helpful if you know you're going to need time off for something specific.
    Until...he made a sudden about turn in November and decided that he doesn't want anyone carrying any holiday over anymore, it's causing chaos, it's taking advantage of his good nature etc and that all holiday must be taken before Christmas.
    So I've been working my way through the 5 days annual leave I had saved up...which is of course an outrage, it's so inconvenient that I'm essentially working four day weeks now (even though this is the quietest time of year for the company) blah blah blah

Short version: Reason 4785 why I'll be looking for a new job next year
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,207Posts Today

6,899Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin