Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,337Posts
    • 27,996Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 143
    • colinw
    • By colinw 1st Dec 17, 7:25 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    It annoys me 2hen the spell checker just gives up on me and suggests nothing took a while to get close enough to Persians erm persirant no perserant oh !!!!!! perspirant
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 1st Dec 17, 8:01 PM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,348 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It annoys me 2hen the spell checker just gives up on me and suggests nothing took a while to get close enough to Persians erm persirant no perserant oh !!!!!! perspirant
    Originally posted by colinw

Roll-on anti-Persians, eh?

Eau de Babylon!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • colinw
    • By colinw 1st Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    Roll-on anti-Persians, eh?

Eau de Babylon!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Yes .......
    • colinw
    • By colinw 1st Dec 17, 8:16 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    I am irritated this guy got away with killing his step son on Teesside back in 1968 and I presume lived a free life until this year at the age of 71. I suppose we should be grateful that the deceased child’s brother happened to see an old picture on Facebook of his brother and this killer which got him to contact the police. It turns out as a 3 year old he witnessed what happened when this animal holding the child by the feet swung his head into the fireplace. A very sad case especially as the deceased child was buried in an unmarked grave and never talked about. How could someone get on with their life knowing that they had committed a crime like that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-42155421
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 2nd Dec 17, 8:42 AM
    • 7,407 Posts
    • 13,601 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Christmas music that my work plays. Same old tiring ones, especially the depressing ones such as Mud's Lonely This Christmas. I try to forget about the music, then when a customer raises the subject of the music, majority of them sympathising for us listening to 30 songs, saying "I bet you are fed up with the music" or similar. I then hear it! When that happens, 90% of the time, one of my worst 5 is being played!

I will be playing upbeat 70s and 80s music for an hour when I get home to cleanse the mind
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 2nd Dec 17, 9:39 AM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,348 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Christmas music that my work plays. Same old tiring ones, especially the depressing ones such as Mud's Lonely This Christmas. I try to forget about the music, then when a customer raises the subject of the music, majority of them sympathising for us listening to 30 songs, saying "I bet you are fed up with the music" or similar. I then hear it! When that happens, 90% of the time, one of my worst 5 is being played!

I will be playing upbeat 70s and 80s music for an hour when I get home to cleanse the mind
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I wonder if any stores have actually done a straw poll on whether customers actually like to hear all those songs, especially this early.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • hunters
    • By hunters 2nd Dec 17, 10:22 AM
    • 720 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    hunters
    I am irritated this guy got away with killing his step son on Teesside back in 1968 and I presume lived a free life until this year at the age of 71. I suppose we should be grateful that the deceased child’s brother happened to see an old picture on Facebook of his brother and this killer which got him to contact the police. It turns out as a 3 year old he witnessed what happened when this animal holding the child by the feet swung his head into the fireplace. A very sad case especially as the deceased child was buried in an unmarked grave and never talked about. How could someone get on with their life knowing that they had committed a crime like that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-42155421
    Originally posted by colinw
    Heard this on the radio yesterday, made me cringe just listening to it.
    • hunters
    • By hunters 2nd Dec 17, 10:24 AM
    • 720 Posts
    • 2,025 Thanks
    hunters
    Spent all day yesterday waiting delivery of something, now can’t get hold of the company until Monday
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 2nd Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 9,581 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    all of the prepared food in christmas adverts on TV, I hate to think that it all goes to waste
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3189.5
    This week 56.1
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 2nd Dec 17, 10:56 AM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 9,581 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Spent all day yesterday waiting delivery of something, now can’t get hold of the company until Monday
    Originally posted by hunters
    I am like that but waiting for a letter, I phoned yesterday and they assured me that it has been sent and to leave it until Tuesday to see if it arrives, trouble is that I need it before 5am Thursday
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3189.5
    This week 56.1
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 2nd Dec 17, 4:47 PM
    • 7,407 Posts
    • 13,601 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    all of the prepared food in christmas adverts on TV, I hate to think that it all goes to waste
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    I'm surprised that the ASA has not stopped adverts with a table spread with food as its not realistic. Need to use at least 15 ovens to cook all of that.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 2nd Dec 17, 4:50 PM
    • 7,407 Posts
    • 13,601 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I wonder if any stores have actually done a straw poll on whether customers actually like to hear all those songs, especially this early.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    My employer is quite late in playing Christmas music. My friend went to The Entertainer on Oct 20th to buy something for her nephew's third birthday. She heard a Christmas song and walked straight out. The irony is they don't open on Sundays as the CEO is a devout Christian.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 2nd Dec 17, 5:28 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    Heard this on the radio yesterday, made me cringe just listening to it.
    Originally posted by hunters
    A quite appalling crime which makes you wonder about the original investigation
    • dontone
    • By dontone 2nd Dec 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3,883 Posts
    • 11,775 Thanks
    dontone
    Today's 'Dontone's irritation'

Been to the supermarket this afternoon (A Saturday too, what was I thinking).....
    Anyway, I got rather hacked off with these parents who allow their children to climb into the trolley and be pushed round while stood up in the thing. Not small kids either, easily 8/9 years old.
    I wish I was in charge, I'd ban every parent that allowed that, not because it is dangerous, and we have a 'everybody else is to blame' culture, but because shoes get mucky and other people have to use those trolleys for their groceries.
    It really gets on my nerves, no need for such behaviour. Make your children walk round the store.
    that's all for now. Carry on
    Last edited by dontone; 02-12-2017 at 7:38 PM.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 2nd Dec 17, 7:43 PM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 6,424 Thanks
    avogadro
    Perhaps not so much irritating as disturbing - channel 4 are doing a season on robots and one of the programmes was about sex robots. A man in his 50s or 60s collecting lifelike dolls for 'company', many of whom look more like underage girls than women. I got about 5 minutes into it and switched off the tv.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 2nd Dec 17, 8:02 PM
    • 7,407 Posts
    • 13,601 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Today's 'Dontone's irritation'

Been to the supermarket this afternoon (A Saturday too, what was I thinking).....
    Anyway, I got rather hacked off with these parents who allow their children to climb into the trolley and be pushed round while stood up in the thing. Not small kids either, easily 8/9 years old.
    I wish I was in charge, I'd ban every parent that allowed that, not because it is dangerous, and we have a 'everybody else is to blame' culture, but because shoes get mucky and other people have to use those trolleys for their groceries.
    It really gets on my nerves, no need for such behaviour. Make your children walk round the store.
    that's all for now. Carry on
    Originally posted by dontone
    I often see three generations of one family shopping - two grandparents, two parents, four kids and a parent's sibling. Then three mums, six kids, two in pushchairs just buying two items. Does it need 9 people to visit a shop?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 3rd Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 50,849 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    The Aussie cricket team
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 3rd Dec 17, 9:00 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 3,016 Thanks
    ceredigion
    The plethora of phones and phone contracts.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 3rd Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 3,013 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Couldn't sleep till almost 5am today as had a large coffee yesterday, meant I woke up at 2.45pm thinking it was 12.45pm so had less time to prepare to go to town, that wasn't the irritation though.

Ate my late lunch, had my shower then realised time was getting on and I needed to post my parcel by 5pm and sell something in town as off on holiday tomorrow for 3 days.

Heres where it gets irritating, I decide that its risky to go to the normal place I send parcel as being Sunday less buses (1 every 30 minutes one way and 15 back) I decide to sell item first then go to the shop that takes parcels 4 miles away instead as it closes later, then back and get sandwich and go home

As I get to bus stop I see a bus going to the nearer post shop and would of had enough time but decided its not worth the risk.

Bus is 25 minutes late (so 30 minutes total at bus stop) literally get to shop to sell something 6 minutes before closing, then find out I missed 2 buses to the further away post shop by 8 minutes and have to wait 10 minutes more for next one.

Get to the place and its CLOSED!!!

Come back town and decide to get off bus next to Asda and check if any reduced stuff, thought I was lucky as guy was loading the trolley then to reduce it but informs me he has to reduce stuff at the back to stop people grabbing it, wait around store 30 minutes and no sign of him coming back so get a few things and then my sandwich and come home.

When im home I decide I want to store some films for my trip on a portable drive I don't use often, and have a suitable cable for it, the cable doesn't work.

I decide to go for the really good hard drive I haven't seen in months expecting to spend a hour or more looking.

First box I open I don't find drive but I find soldering iron head that months ago I emptied cupboard and went in every box looking to find, no idea how it was in first box now as must of checked that box multiple times.

And under the box was the hard drive I was looking for!

So technically they are good suprises but irritating in the sense both items I spent ages looking for months ago and found them instantly now.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 3rd Dec 17, 10:42 PM
    • 7,407 Posts
    • 13,601 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    There were some carol singers from a local church singing in the presicnt where my work is. Customer moaned to me that they were depressing. Everyone else enjoyed,.

I will give that lady depressing songs - Lonely This Christmas and Spaceman Came Travelling
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,023Posts Today

8,522Users online

Martin's Twitter