Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,354Posts
    • 28,062Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 141
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 29th Nov 17, 9:08 AM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,795 Thanks
    Pyxis
    At work, got 5 colleagues off sick - 2 from recovery from operations, 2 with winter vomiting and another with an ongoing medical condition.

Customer yelled at supervisor that this isn't good enough and should close the shop! This person has clearly never worked in retail as we do get customers that either worked in retail or their partner or other close relative works/worked in retail and understand this situation.

I know the timings of the operations are bad, but think both are schedule to return just before Christmas, Rather have the op then and have these colleagues off during the last 10 days before Christmas. Also these colleagues can celebrate Christmas pain free. Both colleagues did have time off due to their problems that got operated on earlier in the year.

Does the customer like their shopping to be covered in vomit as well?
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Somewhat flawed reasoning to prefer the shop be shut, than have delays due to lack of staff!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 29th Nov 17, 11:53 AM
    • 13,011 Posts
    • 49,445 Thanks
    joansgirl
    B&Q, you are rubbish! However, your lack of coloured gloss might have turned out to be a blessing in disguise, we will see!
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 29th Nov 17, 12:47 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,795 Thanks
    Pyxis
    B&Q, you are rubbish! However, your lack of coloured gloss might have turned out to be a blessing in disguise, we will see!
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I had all my wood stripped about 16 years ago, so no gloss needed!

(One reason was due to my dogs' love of scrabbling doors etc,
    I reckoned it would be easier to sand down a bit of scratched unpainted door than have to repaint it!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 29th Nov 17, 12:55 PM
    • 13,011 Posts
    • 49,445 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I had all my wood stripped about 16 years ago, so no gloss needed!

(One reason was due to my dogs' love of scrabbling doors etc,
    I reckoned it would be easier to sand down a bit of scratched unpainted door than have to repaint it!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    This is the bathroom. Under the bath, the sink and behind the loo was all boxed in and tiled over. Problem is you couldn't get the boxing in off without smashing the tiles off. So now I have the time to sort it I've taken it all off and changed it to tongue and groove panels so they are easy to take out if required. But I wanted to paint them the same colour as the door and windowsill which is "Willow", a green paint. But as usual B&Q have stopped stocking it.

However, they did have emulsion in the same colour so inspiration has struck, I am going to try doing the panels in a colour wash so the grain of the wood shows but they will still have a bit of colour to them.

Watch this space

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 29th Nov 17, 12:58 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,795 Thanks
    Pyxis
    This is the bathroom. Under the bath, the sink and behind the loo was all boxed in and tiled over. Problem is you couldn't get the boxing in off without smashing the tiles off. So now I have the time to sort it I've taken it all off and changed it to tongue and groove panels so they are easy to take out if required. But I wanted to paint them the same colour as the door and windowsill which is "Willow", a green paint. But as usual B&Q have stopped stocking it.

However, they did have emulsion in the same colour so inspiration has struck, I am going to try doing the panels in a colour wash so the grain of the wood shows but they will still have a bit of colour to them.

Watch this space
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Sounds good!

You do know that some places do a colour match service, and you can get paint made up in any colour you want?
    I expect you do know.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 29th Nov 17, 1:09 PM
    • 13,011 Posts
    • 49,445 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Sounds good!

You do know that some places do a colour match service, and you can get paint made up in any colour you want?
    I expect you do know.
    Yes, I could get it but had to order it. And I was worried the colour would be too.....solid? So a wash might be better. If it's rubbish I can paint over it!

Finito
    • colinw
    • By colinw 29th Nov 17, 2:39 PM
    • 50,864 Posts
    • 138,965 Thanks
    colinw
    The fact the President of the USA chose to re-tweet three tweets from a UK far right wing group who of course are delighted with the exposure
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 29th Nov 17, 3:58 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,795 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The fact the President of the USA chose to re-tweet three tweets from a UK far right wing group who of course are delighted with the exposure
    Originally posted by colinw
    That's hard to say with your mouth full of Skittles!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 29th Nov 17, 5:16 PM
    • 11,574 Posts
    • 15,166 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    My irritation? Katie Hopkins has only just lost her job in the last couple of days.

Still, I did tweet her this:

With an additional "Or does it?" underneath
    Married to an immigrant.
    I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 29th Nov 17, 5:41 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,795 Thanks
    Pyxis
    So, why did they get rid of her in the end?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Nov 17, 5:46 PM
    • 26,861 Posts
    • 14,583 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Tesco not having a game in stock on offer during black friday event and then suddenly having it back in stock the day after the event at full price.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 29th Nov 17, 5:57 PM
    • 50,864 Posts
    • 138,965 Thanks
    colinw
    Tesco not having a game in stock on offer during black friday event and then suddenly having it back in stock the day after the event at full price.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    They do the same when they have Youngs Scampi on offer, none in stock but loads of their own brand dearer stuff. How is your dad by the way? Has he recovered from his sickness?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 29th Nov 17, 5:58 PM
    • 50,864 Posts
    • 138,965 Thanks
    colinw
    That's hard to say with your mouth full of Skittles!
    No skittles to try it
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 29th Nov 17, 6:02 PM
    • 31,139 Posts
    • 114,795 Thanks
    Pyxis
    No skittles to try it
    Try paperclips instead!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 29th Nov 17, 6:26 PM
    • 11,574 Posts
    • 15,166 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    So, why did they get rid of her in the end?
    She said something about a teacher/teachers and lawyers were hired by the people she was talking about (I saw a thing about it on my phone earlier, but I hate getting the news on it when I open Chrome for Android as it eats into my data allowance).
    Married to an immigrant.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 29th Nov 17, 6:51 PM
    • 11,574 Posts
    • 15,166 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Oh, and another MothballsWallet irritation: The Christmas TV schedules have been released and, from what I've heard so far, they sound like an absolute snooze fest... :yawn:

I'll be watching YouTube or DVDs or listening to music instead.

Or perhaps doing lots of Slicethepie or Qmee surveys to earn money.
    Married to an immigrant.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 29th Nov 17, 10:44 PM
    • 13,258 Posts
    • 17,476 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    ParcelForce Track your parcel

It says that my parcel is on schedule for delivery today. Somehow I doubt it.

It says that at 06.47 I was sent a text message advising me that delivery would be today. I wasn't.

It says that at 13:07 I was sent a text message advising of my delivery window. I wasn't
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 29th Nov 17, 10:52 PM
    • 7,412 Posts
    • 13,613 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Oh, and another MothballsWallet irritation: The Christmas TV schedules have been released and, from what I've heard so far, they sound like an absolute snooze fest... :yawn:

I'll be watching YouTube or DVDs or listening to music instead.

Or perhaps doing lots of Slicethepie or Qmee surveys to earn money.
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    One year I read them, most of it said TBA (To be announced). Or Dad said god another soap!
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 29th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 3,022 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Irritated by Mr jack frost
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 30th Nov 17, 1:06 AM
    • 26,861 Posts
    • 14,583 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    They do the same when they have Youngs Scampi on offer, none in stock but loads of their own brand dearer stuff. How is your dad by the way? Has he recovered from his sickness?
    I had a whinge on their facebook. They just avoided the issue and said send us your details and we willl record your feedback.
    Dad is ok now and i am still ok so it looks like it wasnt anything contagious.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,661Posts Today

6,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin