Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 22nd Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    • 6,395Posts
    • 19,297Thanks
    Doc N
    Pick Your Own fruit (strawberries, raspberries etc) prices reasonable?
    • 22nd Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    Pick Your Own fruit (strawberries, raspberries etc) prices reasonable? 22nd Jun 17 at 3:13 PM
    With good quality fresh English strawberries selling at around £3.50 per kilo in Waitrose and £2.99 in Aldi and Lidl, is anyone still bothering with the Pick Your Own places?

Round here they're charging between £3.50 and £4.50 per kilo, and for that you've got to drive there and spend valuable time picking the things.

What's the going PYO rate in your neck of the woods, and does that represent good value?
Page 2
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 10th Jul 17, 2:11 PM
    • 23,955 Posts
    • 50,309 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    If they're anywhere near a main road or a built up area I'd be very wary of eating them. Take care!
    Originally posted by Doc N
    All of London is built up, but this is in a sheltered field in what was technically Epping Forest. The main source of pollution is vegetarian horse poo, which comes in a copious supply
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Gnocchi
    • By Gnocchi 15th Jul 17, 12:39 AM
    • 827 Posts
    • 1,108 Thanks
    Gnocchi
    Went to a farm today. They have stopped picking strawberries to sell but they were letting ppl rummage and charging £1.50 a punnet

They had cherries, redcurrants, dessert gooseberries and raspberries. Nothing under £2.50 per punnet picked.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 15th Jul 17, 12:56 AM
    • 9,443 Posts
    • 9,008 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    I noticed some ripe blackberries today, all along the canal path and there should be some in the country park, too. I will get some empty punnets ready.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin