Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nossa
    • By nossa 22nd Jun 17, 2:44 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 1Thanks
    nossa
    Co-Op Bank Switch Incentive
    • 22nd Jun 17, 2:44 PM
    Co-Op Bank Switch Incentive 22nd Jun 17 at 2:44 PM
    I switched to the Co-Op in April ensuring I met the incentive criteria on the MSE site - this included having 4 active direct debits. MSE describe an active direct debit in the Co-Op switch section as follows:

an active direct debit is one that's paid out in the last 13 months, or – if it's never paid out – one that's less than 13 months old.

After much chasing and being lead up the garden path (this is the worst bank I've ever dealt with) they finally came back today - 5 weeks after they should have paid the incentive, to say I do not qualify. They state an active dd is 1 that has paid out of your Co-Op a/c. Their web site just says active dd - I do not doubt that MSE clarified with Co-op what that meant but now they are saying you have to have 4 dd's paid out from your a/c.

Really angry:
Page 2
    • nossa
    • By nossa 7th Jul 17, 11:09 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nossa
    Hot off the Press
    MSE have just had confirmation that the Co op agree with their definition of an active direct debit

bendipa still waiting for the court hearing but will update
    • nossa
    • By nossa 11th Jul 17, 2:30 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nossa
    Vindication is ours!
    Finally Co Op agree they misinformed. Shame that they have made me jump through hoops to prove their error.

Thank you those who helped especially MSE.

I hope this post has been helpful to others
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

1,277Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin