Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MoneyPenny
    • By MoneyPenny 22nd Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MoneyPenny
    CEOemail
    • 22nd Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    CEOemail 22nd Jun 17 at 2:37 PM
    I didn't know where else to put this post, by rights it should be in the 'how to complain section'.

Does anybody use CEOemail website for ceo contact addresses (just search CEOemail)?
    I used to be good but now I canít make it work. Suddenly it seems to want to classify me as a business and so pay to use. Even when I inform it Iím asking in a personal capacity so shouldn't pay it wonít let me proceed to the information pages.

So suddenly it has gone from being a useful resource to become useless. Has anyone else noticed this?
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 22nd Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    • 3,495 Posts
    • 3,553 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 22nd Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    • 22nd Jun 17, 3:21 PM
    Trying to mention that site here usually invokes the forum "swear" filter.

That's because the site owner previously spammed these boards (several years ago) with the link to their site.

The personal/business part has been in place for a while now ... have you tried to use the site quite a few times in a relatively short period of time?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 23rd Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 7,633 Posts
    • 5,492 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    I shuddered when I saw that sitename at the thought of it's owner returning. Try Resolver instead?

Remember CEOs dont see complaints they get automatically diverted to the customer service department. The staff on the next bank of desks to me would answer their phones as "executive complaints" but be trained no differently and have no different powers to the rest of us.
    Last edited by pmduk; 23-06-2017 at 7:46 PM.
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 23rd Jun 17, 10:47 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 677 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 23rd Jun 17, 10:47 PM
    • 23rd Jun 17, 10:47 PM
    In the USA, the head of a complaints department is often given the title "Vice President".
    • skintpaul
    • By skintpaul 24th Jun 17, 10:22 AM
    • 1,443 Posts
    • 12,937 Thanks
    skintpaul
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:22 AM
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:22 AM
    try finding out the format any company uses for email addresses-

eg- firstname.lastname@anyfirm.com ),

if you know the top bod's name (easy found on a google search, or their website)..

also copy in @complaints@, info@, sales@ enquiries@ etc...

- at least one of those maiboxes would be monitored / actioned!
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 24th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 13,496 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:48 AM
    • 24th Jun 17, 10:48 AM

Remember CEOs dont see complaints they get automatically diverted to the customer service department.
    Originally posted by pmduk
    Twice in my call centre work, I had customers asking to speak to the CEO and actually named him! I cannot remember how I resolved the calls.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 24th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 7,633 Posts
    • 5,492 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 24th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 24th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    When I worked for a Virgin branded company people would often ask for Richard Branson despite the fact had no involvement other than licensing the Virgin name for a fortune each year. He played no part in the running of the company.

You just explain that office doesn't take calls, but that is what the customer service dept is for and how can you help. At the end of the day the directors probably wouldn't know how the systems worked to solve a problem anyway.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 24th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 13,496 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 24th Jun 17, 1:42 PM
    • 24th Jun 17, 1:42 PM

You just explain that office doesn't take calls, but that is what the customer service dept is for and how can you help. At the end of the day the directors probably wouldn't know how the systems worked to solve a problem anyway.
    One call centre I worked for, the in house customer service program,, you could see the names of employees that had a login for this. It was firstname,surname. If there were two employees of the same name - Karen Smith, one would been Karen.Smith1 - the one that was employed the shortest time. Needless to say, none of the board of directors and the CEO had logins.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 24th Jun 17, 5:15 PM
    • 7,633 Posts
    • 5,492 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 24th Jun 17, 5:15 PM
    • 24th Jun 17, 5:15 PM
    One call centre I worked for, the in house customer service program,, you could see the names of employees that had a login for this. It was firstname,surname. If there were two employees of the same name - Karen Smith, one would been Karen.Smith1 - the one that was employed the shortest time. Needless to say, none of the board of directors and the CEO had logins.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    This is one of the reasons we never give surnames.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 24th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 13,496 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    This is one of the reasons we never give surnames.
    My previous post was the login username for the in-house system.
    I never gave my surname. One call centre, we had to. I hate my surname as its difficult to spell and often mis pronounced. I raised my objections and I got was ' No-one has ever complained before'. I left on Wednesday and got a new job the following day to start on Monday.
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 25th Jun 17, 12:55 AM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 677 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    If you write to Buckingham Palace, and ask Her Majesty to hand out the prizes at your child's sports day, the reply will be something like :
    "Her Majesty has asked me to thank you for your kind invitation, but regrets that owing to prior engagements, she is unable to attend."
    She is the "CEO" of "UK plc".
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 26th Jun 17, 9:14 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    The-Truth
    I didn't know where else to put this post, by rights it should be in the 'how to complain section'.

Does anybody use CEOemail website for ceo contact addresses (just search CEOemail)?
    I used to be good but now I can’t make it work. Suddenly it seems to want to classify me as a business and so pay to use. Even when I inform it I’m asking in a personal capacity so shouldn't pay it won’t let me proceed to the information pages.

So suddenly it has gone from being a useful resource to become useless. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Originally posted by MoneyPenny
    Why do you need to contact the CEO? Hardly anyone else complaining will do this. Is it a self importantance thing?

Why can't you use the normal complaints line/contact method or small claims court like normal people do?
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 26th Jun 17, 12:06 PM
    • 7,345 Posts
    • 13,496 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Why do you need to contact the CEO? Hardly anyone else complaining will do this. Is it a self importantance thing?

Why can't you use the normal complaints line/contact method or small claims court like normal people do?
    Originally posted by The-Truth
    When will people learn that writing to the CEO does not get read by the CEO?
    • MoneyPenny
    • By MoneyPenny 26th Jun 17, 12:26 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MoneyPenny
    Trying to mention that site here usually invokes the forum "swear" filter.

That's because the site owner previously spammed these boards (several years ago) with the link to their site.

The personal/business part has been in place for a while now ... have you tried to use the site quite a few times in a relatively short period of time?
    Originally posted by DoaM
    Hi

I don't know much more about the site other than when I 've used it in the past it was always useful. I've used it very occasionally then last week it didn't work.

In reply to another post, it's horses for courses. With some complaints in some organisations going to the top is the best way to proceed. When you do it generally works and gets the problem resolved.

I've heard 'professional' complainants say that dedicted complaints departments are put in place to supress complaints rather than respond to failings by correcting them.
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 26th Jun 17, 10:45 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 677 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    When a US President is elected for 4 years, the 250 million ( ish ) voters, each get 1/2 a second of his time. For the unlucky third, he's asleep.
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 30th Jun 17, 7:51 AM
    • 470 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    The-Truth
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    SirMarcus heavily disputes this lol!
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 30th Jun 17, 8:36 AM
    • 18,543 Posts
    • 14,272 Thanks
    agrinnall
    When a US President is elected for 4 years, the 250 million ( ish ) voters, each get 1/2 a second of his time. For the unlucky third, he's asleep.
    Originally posted by Geoff1963
    Although The Donald will probably send each of them an individual Tweet in response .
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 4th Jul 17, 11:23 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 677 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    He probably won't retweet though :
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-29406803
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 5th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 1,666 Posts
    • 3,442 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Originally posted by Geoff1963
    Some might suggest it is the lucky ones that get him when he is asleep!
    • MoneyPenny
    • By MoneyPenny 8th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MoneyPenny
    Ceo email still appears blocked to accessing information and they aren't responding to requests from private individuals to let them in. Don't know why, but it's a real shame.

So any progress on this? Any dodges to access the information from ceoemail if it seems the only option?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

857Posts Today

6,602Users online

Martin's Twitter