Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 22nd Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 7Thanks
    parkpark123
    Civil Enforcement Ltd; Particulars of Claim
    • 22nd Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    Civil Enforcement Ltd; Particulars of Claim 22nd Jun 17 at 2:10 PM
    Hi all,
    I have had a letter from CEL informing me that their claim has been issued at the County Court Business Centre. They are asking for £305.35 for a parking fine from my car being parked in a hospital car park on 1.12.16.

I have read the NEWBIES section and many of the links provided there. I am building an idea of what to do but as there is such a vast amount of information could somebody please point me in the right direction as to what I need to do here?

As far as I can see it looks like I may well need to go to a hearing, and as long as I can be prepared I am willing to do this. However it it could be avoided of course that would be much preferred.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sam
Page 2
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 25th Jun 17, 11:40 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Are these the correct emails to send defence to?

MCOL: mcol@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

CEL: appeals@ce-service.co.uk
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 25th Jun 17, 11:52 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No, not MCOL, the first email needs to be the CCBC one.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 26th Jun 17, 3:01 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 2,317 Thanks
    Lamilad
    ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Subject line should read:
    "Claim no xxxxxxxx: Defence attached.

Ring the court to confirm they've received it.
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 3rd Jul 17, 10:37 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Is it possible anybody can check my draft above? Any help would be much appreciated.
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 3rd Jul 17, 10:39 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Sorry just found thread continued on second page. Thank you for the email addresses. So do you think my draft is ok to send?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jul 17, 10:49 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If it wasn't dark at the time, do not say this, obviously:

The signage was not lit
    Apart from that it looks good to go.

As here, you will see they are going as far as completing DQs now (no big deal):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72776586#post72776586

Same as all the others. Why not bookmark some that are ahead of you by a month or so, top follow what happens, you will learn more from other threads and will be forewarned and forearmed for the next stages.

Was your case a slight overstay (how many minutes) past free parking time? Or a pay & display car park?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 23rd Jul 17, 6:56 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Great thank you. I've been so busy have put this off but will now send it after that last amended you spotted.

It was free parking but I hadn't put my reg into the machine as didn't realise the system was there.

So if anything else happens I guess I'll come back here, but fingers crossed I might not hear from them again?
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 23rd Jul 17, 7:25 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Do I need to print, sign and scan signed copy?
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 23rd Jul 17, 7:34 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Also is it Times New Roman, font 12, with line spaces?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jul 17, 6:57 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes - calm down, you've jumped this hoop - nothing differs from the guidance posted by bargepole as linked in the NEWBIES thread.

If the advice about court defences changed, we'd update it. Refer back to it at each stage, first.

• parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 11th Aug 17, 12:14 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Good afternoon!

I have now received a letter from CCBC titled "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track". It is stapled to an "Actions Questionnaire (Small Claims Track)".

I'm sure you've seen them before, it talks of mediation and where and when I would be available for a hearing if I choose not to mediate.

Could you please advise me as to what I should do with this? Will look through other posts myself too.

Thank you!
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 11th Aug 17, 12:27 PM
    • 3,489 Posts
    • 3,550 Thanks
    DoaM
    The NEWBIES thread contains a run-through of the court process. I suggest you read it.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 11th Aug 17, 12:32 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Thank you DoaM!
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 11th Aug 17, 12:43 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Found the right advice. Can I photocopy and send DQ to both CCBC and CEL via email as before?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Aug 17, 1:42 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The DQ should be sent to the court by whatever method the DQ states.

As for CEL, yes, email it and why not put a covering email paragraph or two telling them that their claim is misconceived and doomed to fail, and say why (keeper liability, etc).

• parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 13th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Hello again!
    I followed up all the above and sent the DQ hoping that was it.

I have now received a letter saying:
    "This claim has been referred to the below County Court Hearing Centre for allocation...details of the judge's directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation".

That's not the whole letter but the most important parts. It looks as though I may be going to a hearing after all. However could you please advise me as to whether this is a tactic, or how to go about preparing for a hearing.

Thanks so much as always!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 10:32 AM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    Assuming this is from the court, then it's a routine communication following your submission of the DQ, and not a "tactic".

But it doesn't mean a hearing is definite at all.

If one is to take place you will get plenty of notice and time to prepare
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Sep 17, 11:05 AM
    • 823 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, thats what you should have expected

CEL have been discontinuing only AFTER a hearing date has been given, which you havent yet

Youve read post 2 on the newbies thread now yes? That tells you the stages. Just in case, start preparing your WS now.
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 13th Sep 17, 12:48 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Thanks a lot to both of you. I have read all of the thread but must admit it's difficult to retain so I will reread. Thanks a lot!
    • parkpark123
    • By parkpark123 27th Sep 17, 1:02 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    parkpark123
    Hello again!
    I've now received a hearing date for three months time.
    Just to check my strategy is now to prepare my WS to send by the date they have specified?
    Sorry to be a pain but could somebody post a link to the 2nd post on the newbies thread? I think I've got it but want to make sure I'm reading the right thing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

2,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin