Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • limayankee
    • By limayankee 22nd Jun 17, 1:33 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    limayankee
    WARNING: taxicode.com 5POUNDSOFF
    • 22nd Jun 17, 1:33 AM
    WARNING: taxicode.com 5POUNDSOFF 22nd Jun 17 at 1:33 AM
    Be warned:

When you use the 5POUNDSOFF voucher at taxicode.com, you're not just getting a £5 discount off your taxi booking.

Using the 5POUNDSOFF voucher actually signs you up to a "rewards scheme" where they debit £25 from your payment card every 6 months in exchange for a bunch of vouchers, good for future bookings.

Lots of people are complaining about this scam on trustpilot.

If you've fallen for it, you probably have a right to cancel (and get a refund) under Regulation 31 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013:

If the trader (Taxicode) doesn't provide you with the salient details of the contract in a clear and comprehensible manner on a "durable medium" (i.e. on paper or an email), your right to cancel (normally 14 days) is extended by another 12 months.

I am currently trying to get a refund; I will let you know how I go.
Page 2
    • pearl123
    • By pearl123 1st Oct 17, 9:55 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    pearl123
    Taxicode is the worse company I have ever come across in 50 years! If you cancel a taxi, even days in advance they try to keep a LARGE amount of the fee. Something like 80%. i did my research on trustpilot and stated the I would contact various consumer groups. I got my money back. Do you research and get your money back.

Their facebook page is worth a look!
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 2nd Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 8,591 Thanks
    unholyangel
    DO NOT USE !!! This company takes your money even if you try to cancel!! They took £275 from us and we cancelled 3 weeks in advance. We would have cancelled a month earlier but they don't answer their phone. We are still fighting to get our money back. READ their terms & conditions ,clause 7 . They are not a taxi firm they are brokers who farm out the work to legitimate taxi firms. We even had the actual taxi driver phone us to apologise for Taxicode and their underhand practises.
    Originally posted by Paul Lander
    A lot of taxi offices are pretty much exactly the same - they have no taxis/minicab themselves and instead pass the work over to self employed contractors (taxi/minicab drivers). But being a taxi hire "broker" requires you to have a booking office licence from the authority you operate in. So that may be one avenue worth looking into.

I'd perhaps try complaining to your local licensing authority (usually the council) and see what they say - they only regulate taxis & minicabs so you often find they're more proactive on enforcement compared to say trading standards who are overworked and underfunded.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,544Posts Today

9,339Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin